Delete

Re: All and ANY HELP appreciate!!!

Thoughts:

-hot water/heating used? Turn down the heat

-water intake? Not just from drinking

-diet changes?

-on meds? Meds can cause dryness

-seen a dermatologist?

-have you used any brands made for sensitive skin as a whole? i.e. Avene, La Roche Posay 

-using creams vs light lotions/gels?

-how often are you switching products up?

-what exact products are you currently using, skincare?

- sensitive to what? Fragrance mentioned. Any allergies?

- did the excess dryness start after any changes, diet, household products, using new skincare, environment etc?

Skin barrier is compromised, hence makeup claims aren't working. Dehydrated skin will suck moisture from any source it can.

So many points. Wow.      SKIN Always had dry skin, but i...

So many points. Wow.      SKIN Always had dry skin, but it seems dehydrated at well. I try to avoid hot water on my face, as only use it at the beginning of cleansing. Thought steaming would help here and there. But I've heard mixed information, so I held off of steaming.      MEDICAL ISSUES Psoriasis (always had sensitive skin), then ezcema or dermatitis come randomly. Right now I have a dermatitis on my face and using a prescribed cream for it. Random hormonal cystic acne 4 years ago and I went on Accutane. Years later, my skin is breaking out a little again, but I don't want to go on it. I was diagnosed with Crohn's a couple years back, and my skin has become terribly sensitive since then. On medication that causes dryness, but been on it so long it doesn't cause further issues. Since my major Crohn's flare up, my skin doesn't seem to like products longer than 2 months? Also, since then my skin it's as soft, and my under eye dark circle got larger. I basically have no fat pocket under my eyes anymore. 😞 Oh, and Reactine.     SENSITIVITIES I use baby detergent and extra rinse for clothes. Go back to old skincare brands that once worked, some cause burning or itchy now. Fragrances causes issues; parabens -- I'm allergic to MSG and most preservatives; natural ingredients can cause issues, and it's always a trial by error; SPF or zinc, seem to cause itching. I've tried to build my barrier and its difficult. I need a light cream or lotion with ceramides.    PRODUCTS I've tried Avene (really liked it), La Roche Posay, Cliniderm (was good for a little while). Skin does not like Vichy. Depends on brand and what type of cream/gel. Tend to use a serum and lotion. Creams can hydrate, but too heavy so I get a film on my skin or get blackheads. Gels really depend.      CURRENTLY Bioderma to help with makeup removal. Even after a cleanser, I've used this and seen it still remove stuff. It's amazing. I still have some of my Reversal cleanser for sensitive skin, that I use. I just finished my Reversal serum. Right now using Rosehip oil, and the Farsali oil, while on my prescription cream (which makes it dry, so I need to use something with it). In general, my skin feels itchy.       So, now my skin seems to have a t-zone with blackheads/break puts and larger pores, yet I have no oil. I'm guessing it's sebum deep in the pore? How do I maintain it without drying it out? I know I don't have enough fatty acids or omegas, and wonder if any good skincare products have those with HA. I can't eat a lot, which is an issue.

Re: So many points. Wow. SKIN Always had dry skin, but i...

Since it's partially caused by medical issues, it's hard to pinpoint ingredients that will consistently help.

Humidifier, run if you're not. A professional facial with extractions/microdermabrasion may help open the skin, take off some of the dryness, so products can absorb better. Of course mention everything sensitivity related.

Caudalie Moisturizing Mask 2.5 oz/ 75 mL

Can be left on overnight, gentle

No7 rescuing skin paste - used 1-2weekly for moisture 

Itchiness, have you asked about skin mites in abundance? At least with rosacea, skin mites can be overactive and cause itchiness. Soolantra is the rx for it.

At night, have you tried Aquaphor ? To help seal in moisture.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing