cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

Oil control

Hi all! 

Seriously looking for some help on how to stay matte. Within a couple of hours after application I have to blot my face cause the situation is just out of control. 

Skincare/makeup routine is fenty toner serum, fenty moisturizer, fenty primer, sephora concealer and fenty 420 foundation. I set it with invisimatte and then use setting spray. I have tried morphe continuous mist and kat von d's setting spray. Neither helped out too much. 

Looking for advice from some melanin blessed people! About to go on vacay and cant be blotting all day long!

Re: Oil control

Uoma Beauty's Trippin Smooth powder works well for me.   There also a lot of positive feedback about Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder 5 as a base for foundation because one of the ingredients helps with oil.  For foundation, Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 6W1 Sandalwood holds up to a hot light and hot weather like no one's business, Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation is my HG.

I find that sometimes I still get oily, when it's midsummer, my skin is in overdrive.  My foundation will have a more luminous look that matte, but if I need a touch up I usually will refresh with a mist of setting spray (to loosen the powder) and then a light layer of powder foundation and I am good to go @seh126 

Re: Oil control

Hello @seh126 ,

I have in my skincare routine The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  and it really help me to reducing my oiliness. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing