Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support

What Rewards Program?

Dear Sephora,

I have been a member of the VIB Rouge program for years now, and I’m becoming increasingly frustrated and disenchanted with your rewards program. The only worthwhile reward is the $100 Rouge Reward for 2,500 points, which is extremely rare to find, despite it being advertised as a Rouge benefit on the Beauty Insider Rewards page (https://www.sephora.com/profile/BeautyInsider). 

As a Rouge member, we get 1.5 points per dollar spent. When you do the math, this means we are spending over $1,666.67 to earn 2,500 points to get the $100 Reward (if you’re even able to obtain one!). If that isn’t bad enough, those pitiful ‘deluxe’ samples for 100 points work out to spending $66.67. We are literally spending $66.67 on a sample product that other beauty retailers give out for FREE! Come on, Sephora!

The measly two free samples per order is not enticing either, and half of the time only one sample shows up in my order or some other random sample that I didn’t choose. The makeovers and events are not a perk for me, as I don’t have a local Sephora store and I can only shop online. There are other beauty retailers who offer more samples, free gifts with purchase, free shipping and even cash back. Sephora’s reward program is absolutely dismal in comparison.

I know Sephora has run customer satisfaction surveys in the past, but I don’t think they’re listening to us. LVMH owns Sephora, and has consistently shown record revenue and profits, in addition to a sky-rocketing stock price. They can clearly afford to treat loyal Sephora customers better. 

I’m sad to say, but because of the lack of incentive to shop at Sephora, I’ll be limiting my purchases to the few products that I can only buy exclusively at Sephora. The rest of my beauty purchases will be made at retailers who give me a reason to spend my money there. 

I truly hope Sephora considers the concerns of frustrated members and offers a more enticing Rewards program.

Re: What Rewards Program?

Hi @jmn1,

I'm so sorry to hear this and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I value your feedback and will forward it to the Rewards team for review. Thank you.

Best,

Penelope

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing