Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Ways to redeem scent certificate from a long time ago?

I have a scent certificate that was 5 or 6 years ago — luckily they don’t expire but some of them seem to be discontinued or out of stock. I really liked Atelier Cologne Clementine California, but unfortunately they are all out of stock for online & in store. I am in no rush but I hear that this is because they are leaving Sephora and US. A store that has not gone out of stock is 40 miles away from me, and I am not in position to make a such trip since I live in a big city without a car. Is there a way for me to redeem the certificate for this scent? Otherwise, I would redeem it for D&G light blue but I’m leaning more towards the Clementine California.

Other scents that the certificate redeems for (some are not available anymore):

– 0.24 oz/ 7 mL Atelier Cologne Clémentine California Cologne Absolute Pure Perfume Dabber (Certificate redeems for 1 oz bottle )

– 0.17 oz/ 5 mL Chloé Chloé Eau de Parfum Dabber (Certificate redeems for 1 oz bottle )

– 0.15 oz/ 4.5 mL DOLCE&GABBANA Light Blue Eau de Toilette Dabber (Certificate redeems for 0.8 oz bottle )

– 0.10 oz/ 3 mL Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon Eau de Parfum Mini Rollerball (Certificate redeems for 1 oz bottle )

– 0.10 oz/ 3 mL 0.10 oz/ 3 mL Elizabeth and James Nirvana Rose Eau de Parfum Mini Rollerball (Certificate redeems for 1 oz bottle )

– 0.16 oz/ 5 mL Gucci Bamboo Eau de Parfum Dabber (Certificate redeems for 1 oz bottle )

– 0.16 oz/ 5 mL Stella McCartney POP Eau de Parfum Dabber (Certificate redeems for 1 oz bottle )

– 0.10 oz/ 3 mL TOCCA Cleopatra Eau de Parfum Mini Rollerball (Certificate redeems for 1.7 oz bottle )

– 0.10 oz/ 3 mL TOCCA Giulietta Eau de Parfum Mini Rollerball (Certificate redeems for 1.7 oz bottle )

– 0.24 oz/ 7 mL Viktor & rolf Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum Dabber (Certificate redeems for 1 oz bottle )

Re: Ways to redeem scent certificate from a long time ago?

Hi @dhk12012,

I will send you a private message.

Best Wishes,

Janean

Hi,

I also have a scent certificate but the chosen scent I want is no longer available on sephora.com or in store. The certificate says "Check the product of your choice and redeem your scent certificate at any US Sephora store. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept redemptions at Sephora.com or Sephora inside jcpenney stores. Only the original scent certificate can be accepted. Photo copies are not valid. This scent certificate cannot be redeemed for any product that is not in the selection. This scent certificate cannot be exchanged for financial compensation. If your chosen product is not available at the time of redemption, you will be able to select a product of equal or lesser value."

The sentences "This scent certificate cannot be redeemed for any product that is not in the selection" and "If your chosen product is not available at the time of redemption, you will be able to select a product of equal or lesser value" seem contradictory to me. How should I interpret this? Can a sephora representative please assist? Thank you!

Hi @Tomyumtom

I'm so sorry the fragrance you'd like to redeem is not currently available online or at your local Sephora store and for any confusion! You can redeem the voucher for another available featured fragrance or you may check back on our website or with your local Sephora store in the future to see if the fragrance has been restocked. The voucher can only be redeemed for one of the featured fragrances.

Regards,
Danee

What happens if all of the fragrances on the certificates are so old they will no longer be sold at Sephora store or Sephora.com?

@Tomyumtom I will send you a PM for more information. 

Could you please tell me how to redeem my scent certificate I tried putting it in the promo code spot but it yells me to put it in the payment spot??? Please and thank you

Hi @butterfly1978,

To redeem the voucher online, please enter the code near the bottom left corner of the voucher. You can enter it in the "Promo Code" section at checkout. 

Please note that sometimes the number 1 in the code might be mistaken for a capital letter I. If you entered the letter I but the code did not work, please try entering the number 1 instead. If you need any further assistance please let us know. Thank you!

Best regards,

Laurie

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing