cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

[Updated 5/26/20] Spring 2020 BI Relaunch FAQs

05.26_BI Benefits Chart.jpg

I remember seeing an email stating the program will launch on 4/30?  Why are you launching later?

Given the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on our operations, we will now be launching our new Beauty Insider benefits on May 29. The new launch date will not affect the changes we are making to the program and we are excited to make these new benefits available to you soon. We know this delay is not ideal, and we appreciate your understanding as we continue to navigate these extraordinary circumstances. More information about new benefits and changes to the program is included below.

How will the Beauty Insider program evolve this year? What changes should we expect?

On May 29th, we’re bringing all Beauty Insiders more access to savings, more premium sampling choices than ever and once it is safe, we will bring you new, and unique brand experiences such as meet and greets, trips and more! Members will also now be able to apply points for money off their purchases with Beauty Insider Cash and gain access to new promotions and brand launches. The updates to the program underscore our ongoing commitment to offer more value and more choice for our clients. For more information, check out the Beauty Insider website here: https://www.sephora.com/beauty/beauty-insider-program

How does Beauty Insider Cash work?

All members can now redeem 500 points for $10 off their purchase, in-store and online. To redeem, Beauty Insider members need to have at least 500 points in their current point bank, and their purchase must be $10 or greater. Please visit sephora.com/beauty/terms-conditions-beauty-insider for all qualifications and exclusions.

Where can I find Beauty Insider Cash? How do I redeem?

Beauty Insider Cash can be redeemed at checkout, both in-store and online. If you forget to select Beauty Insider Cash at checkout, you will have an additional opportunity when finalizing your payment method.

Can I redeem Beauty Insider Cash multiple times within a transaction?

Members can redeem Beauty Insider Cash, 500 points for $10 off a purchase, once per transaction on qualifying purchases. Purchases must be $10 or greater.

Can I use Beauty Insider Cash with other rewards and promotions when I am shopping?

Yes, Beauty Insider Cash can be redeemed along with other rewards in the Rewards Bazaar, if you have enough points in your beauty bank. Promotions and Rewards that can be used in conjunction with Beauty Insider Cash include sample promos, credit card rewards, Rouge Reward and temporary product discounts like “oh snap”.  

If I return an item that I used Beauty Insider Cash to buy, will I be refunded for the cash/points?

Beauty Insider Cash applied to your purchase is non-refundable. If you choose to return an item where you redeemed a Beauty Insider Cash Reward, you will be refunded for the price paid after applying the $10 discount.

Can I apply Beauty Insider Cash toward an in-store makeup service?

For the health and safety of our clients and employees, we are not offering services (makeovers, skincare treatments, application) at this time. We will continue to keep our community updated on when we can safely reintroduce these experiences, and once they resume, Beauty Insider Cash can be redeemed towards paid in-store services.  

I noticed I can redeem for Beauty Insider Cash right now, but the program doesn’t relaunch until 5/29. Can I redeem?

We released our Beauty Insider Cash technology earlier as a trial to identify any issues and ensure the program is ready for use by all Beauty Insiders on 5/29.  You may begin to redeem for this benefit if you are seeing it at checkout. As a reminder, to redeem Beauty Insider cash you will need 500 points in your Beauty Bank and your qualifying purchase must be $10 or greater.

How does Sephora’s Beauty Insider Cash compare to other retailers?

We know clients want access to instant savings when they earn points at Sephora and with the introduction of Beauty Insider Cash this will now be available.  We also know clients want to keep the rewards and experiences they love from Sephora, so we have increased the number of sampling choices and experiences. Sephora aims to deliver to our clients a more holistic program with a variety of rewards opportunities. These new benefits allow clients many ways to use their points.

Is Sephora ever going to offer higher cash rewards than $10 for more points like other retailers do?

With the launch of this new benefit, we have chosen to keep our Beauty Insider Cash benefit simple with a single denomination. As always, we will continue to consider all client feedback as we evolve the program in the future.  

I’m Rouge. Will I still have access to the Rouge Reward?

Yes, the Rouge Reward is still available to Rouge members, who can redeem 2,500 points for $100. Check the Rewards Bazaar every Tuesday and Thursday at 9AM PST, while supplies last.

Will I still get a Birthday Gift?

Yes! As the benefit our members love the most, the Birthday Gift will remain a key part of the Beauty Insider program. Members have even more options to choose from. 

How do the Points for Discount Events work?

We heard from our beauty community they wanted more value throughout the year and more ways to use their points. Twice a year we will give you the option to redeem your points for a percent off your purchase. This discount will be applied instantly at checkout when you make a purchase in-store or online.

Are the Spring and Holiday Savings still happening?

Seasonal Savings will continue to happen twice a year. During these events Rouge will receive 20% off, VIB 15% off and Insiders 10% off.

Is there a limit to how many Rewards I can redeem from Rewards Bazaar?

As a member, you are free to redeem points for Rewards if you have enough points in your Beauty Bank required for the Reward. All Rewards offered through the Rewards Bazaar are available on a first-come, first served basis, and are limited to one Reward per transaction. Find more information here: sephora.com/beauty/terms-conditions-beauty-insider.

Why did you retire the tiered celebration gift? Is anything replacing it?

We are continuing to evolve the Beauty Insider program to bring our members the benefits that matter most, including more savings, more sampling choices and more experiences. With the program change, clients no longer need to opt into their tier benefit choices and instead will have automatic access to more days on discount and better reward offerings.

What kinds of experiences will be offered in the Rewards Bazaar once social distancing policies are lifted?

We're going to continue to have one-of-a kind reward experiences in the future. We will update our Beauty Insider community when we have more details on what these experiences will be.

Will I still get the everyday, tier-based points multiplier? How can I accumulate points faster with these changes?

We will be introducing a new way for all members to earn points faster two times a year! During point multiplier events, Rouge will earn 4x the points when they shop, VIB will receive 3x the points and Insiders 2x the points. This new offering will allow you to plan your purchases to maximize the amount of points you earn. Outside of multiplier events, members will earn 1pt for $1 spent. The “everyday” multiplier will no longer be available for VIB and Rouge.

How can I use my points in the future?

As a member, you will now have access to more ways to use your points, including redeeming samples in-store or online in our Rewards Bazaar, applying your points to your purchase with Beauty Insider Cash, using your points to gain access to discounts, and so much more, throughout the year. Check the Rewards Bazaar every Tuesday and Thursday at 9AM PST to see what’s new!

Are points going to expire now?

Your points will not expire as long as you’re a Beauty Insider member with an active account.

What does an “active” account mean?

Beauty Insider accounts will become inactive if there has been no spending activity or rewards redemption for at least 12 months, or if the membership has been revoked.

What are the new sampling choices?

We will be bringing Beauty Insiders expanded, exclusive access to even more premium sampling choices, trial sets and birthday gifts so you can try out more products from the brands you love.

Are any benefits going away?

We are always looking for ways to improve and enhance the client experience based on what we hear from our clients. To offer more of the things our clients asked for – more access to savings, more sampling choices and new, unique experiences – we’ve retired some benefits that provided less value to our clients. To learn more specifics about our new benefits, go here: https://www.sephora.com/beauty/beauty-insider-program?

What tiers are eligible for free shipping?

While many of our stores remain closed, we are waiving standard shipping fees for all clients with no minimum purchase requirement. When stores reopen, all Beauty Insiders will have access to free shipping. Starting on May 29th, Insiders will receive free standard shipping with a $50 minimum purchase and VIB members received free standard shipping with a $35 minimum purchase. Rouge members will still receive free standard shipping with no minimum purchase. Once you reach VIB or Rouge, the shipping benefit will automatically be applied to your purchase, no need to opt-in or select the benefit.

Re: [Updated 5/26/20] Spring 2020 BI Relaunch FAQs

Disappointing. The one that really bothers me is expecting us to think 500 points for $10 is a perk. It is only 50% of the value if we were actually ever able to get the scarce 2500 points for $100 reward. 500 points for $15 BI cash would make more sense as it is at least 75% of the value of the $100 reward. I never really paid attention when people complained and said it was better to go directly through brand sites and department stores, but immediately  after the Sephora 20% off sale last month, the Fenty Beauty site had a 25% off sale and free shipping on all purchases. And even though they also had a disclaimer that Covid 19 would delay shipping, my purchases still arrived much more quickly than my Sephora purchases.

Anonymous Insider

Plus how often is the item you want during the Sephora sale is out of stock?  You have a better chance at the beauty site of getting your item and not out of stock.

Oh my god, so true!!! Algenist had 30%off sale during the sale event at sephora (20%). So... yep. No more sephora sales event for me.

Many Brands had better sales during the Sephora sale. To me, these "Perks" are becoming more and more beneficial to Sephora not the buyer. 🤔

As others have voiced, I too don't see much of an improvement in benefits. I was really hoping that this relaunch would bring about a change to the "limited" number of Rouge Rewards we can redeem using 2500 points. In my view, these should be made available whenever we have enough points. The uncertainty of securing a Rouge Reward has turned me away from hoarding points, and in turn I sometimes pass on spending more at Sephora than I typically would. Lacking the points benefit also made me feel indifferent about spending my money on the same product at a different retailer or brand website. Just my thoughts...

I, too, prefer the 1.5x points on every purchase that we made as Rouge members. This time last year I had already re-Rouged, but this year I've barely hit VIB. Taking a look at my purchases, I've noticed that I ended up buying from brands' direct websites a lot more due to their stellar GWPs or attractive discounts.

I sadly have to say I am not that impressed. I used to love shopping at Sephora, but I feel like the benefits are just not there anymore. By now I would at least have re-qualified for VIB, but honestly I been spending more at Ulta and even brand websites due to the benefits, and the goodies I receive with purchase from them. Honestly I am a bit sad and just disappointed in seeing how they are going down, more and more throughout the years, considering I used to hear how great they used to be back then.

RE: Re: [Updated 5/26/20] Spring 2020 BI Relaunch FAQs

I couldn’t agree more with all of your points! It is very disappointing to invest so much in a company, and to receive little reward in return. 😔

I would like to share feedback as a Rouge mrmber. Overall nothing is catching my eye as a great change other than the 4x points event. I am a frequent and steady shopper and tend to buy what I need when I need it rather than saving for extra point or discount events. I have found that often waiting to shop for these events means the items will be sold out. Please reconsider the Rouge 1.5x points multiplier. It's great to pick up extras from the Reward Bazaar. I have to say phasing out this points multiplier,the full size products reward bazaar products and reducing free samples to 2 while increasing the number of foil promos offered is a big turn off. it feels like Sephora is offering less and less over the years. Just my opinion. I am grateful for wide selection of green beauty Sephora offers and for promo codes and find that dictates my spends. Thanks for listening

I don't mind most of the changes, but really bummed about the the “everyday” rouge multiplier going away. Seems like there is a shift to more "event" based benefits rather than every day benefits. Kinda takes some of the fun away from spontaneous makeup purchases when you have to plan and schedule yet another thing.

how standardize 1 dollar = 1 point to all categories is benefiting VIB Rouge members?

4 x the points? Count me in! 

Four times the points TWICE a year, versus 1.5 points per dollar EVERY TIME you shop. Which would you rather be counted in on?

Re: 4/23/20 Beauty Insider Update FAQs

When is the 4x points for Rouge? Tks

Hi @Breeze2,

We recommend staying tuned for more information regarding upcoming promotions. I suggest subscribing to our promotional emails for the latest information on promotions and products. Thank you! 

Best,

Rebecca

I too am disappointed with the coming removal of ROUGE benefits. The 1.5 point multiplier, flash shipping.By the time my birthday arrives in December, the best choices of gift selection are sold out.  The new benefits offer 4x point multiplier events, but I want the option of shopping anytime with 1.5.

I like the choice of sephora's products, but am reconsidering maintaining my ROUGE status. 

Are there tier celebration gifts for people who qualify before the new launch date? I just re-qualified for VIB but I haven't gotten an email to that effect yet, presumably because my orders haven't yet been processed. 

RE: Re: 4/23/20 Beauty Insider Update FAQs

Sephora discontinued the tier celebration gifts. They went away at the beginning of the year. So if you just re-qualified, you don’t get a gift.

Hey there,

I don't understand why so many Rouge members are asking the same question about our choice of free shipping for our tier reward without the answer being added in the thread. Why does the answer to this question have to be in a private message? Why do we all have to ask the same question in this thread? If this is truly the FAQ section, please edit the original post to add some of the answers to these questions being asked repeatedly in the comments. Thank you!

RE: Re: 4/23/20 Beauty Insider Update FAQs

That’s how it always is and it’s frustrating when you want to know what the answer is! I understand that some questions are specific to the member account or order & the answer should be given privately but even general questions are usually answered through private message. The same questions wouldn’t be asked over and over if the answers were made public.

Re: RE: Re: 4/23/20 Beauty Insider Update FAQs

Does asking for the answer to be public mean that I'm disqualified from getting a PM? Lol

Re: RE: Re: 4/23/20 Beauty Insider Update FAQs

Hi @erstunt,

We will usually answer any questions publicly if it doesn't require us to look into your account! Please note, we will not post any sort of account information or specific order information publicly. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know and we will gladly send you a private message, if necessary, to assist you!

Always,

Danee

3 Replies
testing