Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Unsuccessful Authorization - Again??

This has been happening to me for months now.  I don't remember the date it started, but the first time it happened was when the code for the Fenty Foundation sample went live.  Ever since then, my orders have been constantly cancelled for no apparent reason.

I have spoken to multiple reps on the phone, and none of them can give me a straight answer except, "Oh idk...I can help you place the order again and see if that works?  Maybe you entered your address wrong?"  My address is saved on this site so how can it be right in the past and then suddenly it's wrong?  One rep even went so far as to say, "I guess you just can't shop at Sephora anymore."  Another lady had to enter my address into google to verify that my address exists, and that was only a temporary fix on my account.

I went through the most incompetent customer service experience over the course of the VIB sale where one rep said they would help me re-order an order I placed online that got cancelled for no reason; he then did not enter the 20% discount which meant that there was a nearly $800 charge on my account, and funnily enough the order without the discount did not get cancelled, and when I called Sephora back to try and cancel I was told that it was too late.  I had to continuously call to see if there was a shipping update in order to reroute the order back to the warehouse before I could get my money back.

I thought after speaking to about 10 reps over the course of the sale that it would be at least noted somewhere on my account that my address has been entered correctly--all upper case matching how it is entered on my credit card mailing/billing address.

I placed an order a few days ago with a gift card, and without any email notice that was order was cancelled and now the $25 gift card has not even been credited to my account.

After all this hassle, please do not respond to this post by saying, "oh sorry. please call the hotline."  I am not going to waste my time on hold on the phone to rectify Sephora's mistakes.  I need a clear answer regarding why my orders get randomly cancelled.  I recall a few years ago there was a class action lawsuit against Sephora for discriminating against shoppers and randomly cancelling their orders.  I sincerely hope this is not the case again.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Unsuccessful Authorization - Again??

Omg they do this to me ALL THE TIME especially when i try to cash in points but they ran out of the product ! Its riduculous !!

I'm beginning to get annoyed with all my cancelled orders for "unsuccessful authorization" and the lack of emails I am being sent for these transactions.

I received a notice this morning that MUFE Vol 1 was back in stock - great, I immediately ordered.  At some point during the day, the order was cancelled and no email was sent to me.  Very disappointed as I want this palette so badly.

Sephora seems to be picking and choosing which of my orders it wants to accept.  The issues are not originating with my CC company because they say all is good on their end and they are authorizing the purchases.

wow and now all beauty insider points have all been wiped clean??

I had like 5000 points, and now the website is asking me to join beauty insider and it's not even showing that I had any points ever to begin with...

I had almost 10 000 points, my 4th year Rouge until end of 2018, and was about to stock up on some skincare. WTF???

Anonymous Insider

@arclightlux@DioneNIt's January 1st which means Sephora is doing their annual year-to-date spending reset for everyone. If you go to the rewards bazaar page, you will see that "BI is temporarily unreachable." Your points should appear again in a few hours, or however long it takes for them to go through everyone. 🤷

Also @DioneN, you may not want to attempt ordering when BI is down. These purchases won't be linked to your account. In my experience, even when CS links it for you, you will get the points but it won't count towards your spending.

Happy New Year!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing