Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Store Credit

I have been Rouge for years and I think now Sephora will be no longer in my favorite stores list due to the restrictions on the use of store credit. I bought gifts for my friend but was unable to sent them, so I returned and planned to send her a Gift card. I returned on the 31th day so the refund was in a store credit. And now I have learned that the store credit cannot be used to buy a Gift card. What is the point of this unfriendly policy? I think I should start shopping at Ulta from now on for the convenience, at least they have 60-day return policy.

Re: Store Credit

Hi @ViluvVivi

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding our return policy and Store Merchandise Cards. I understand this may be disappointing and I'm sorry Store Merchandise Cards cannot be used to purchase Sephora Collection Gift Cards! I have shared this with the appropriate teams.

Always,
Danee

Hi @DaneeBT 

Thank you for replying. I hope sharing with your teams would be useful to resolve this issue rather than just to “review” or “consider.” I doubt the policy is legal under contract law regarding warranties.

Best.

i just happened to see this and this is the policy for most retailers. The reason behind it is people will steal items and then return them for store credit to get other items or sell the cards. Store credit cards can easily be turned into cash. 

It's perfectly legal. 

Hi @ViluvVivi,

Thank you for sharing you experience with Sephora. I am having a similar problem and the lack of customer service this company has is extremely alarming. If you ever came to a resolution, I would appreciate it if you shared details as the store/ customer service team I have been working has been unhealthful. Also, if you didn’t come to a resolution, I’d be curious to hear that to. FYI usually when Sephora has a sale, other stores like Nordstrom will have the same items on sale. Nordstrom has excellent customer service so if Sephora is still not being helpful with this issue it may be a good idea to shop at another store!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing