cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Stolen/ Lost Gift Card help!

Hi all, 

Can anybody offer tips or suggestions? My boyfriend and I's wallet were stolen and inside mine was a $50 gift card he got me for my birthday. Inside his was the card he used to buy it with. Hence no card, no receipt, no credit card it was used to purchase with. FAQ says nothing can be done. I am devastated that there is no system to link the gift cards with personnel who bought them and have customer service deactivate the lost one.. just like a regular credit/ debit card? Has anyone had success with this? 

Re: Stolen/ Lost Gift Card help!

Hi @missceara,

I am so sorry to hear your wallet was stolen along with your Gift Card! Regretfully, if you do not have the Gift Card number or receipt for the Gift Card purchase, we are unable to pull up your gift card in our system and further assist. I'm truly sorry about that!

Always,
Danee

Hi Danee. I bought a few sephora gift cards for myself for Christmas, however I lost them not too long after, reporting them lost/stolen.  I changed purses and ended up leaving the cards in the old purse. Realized that after I reported them missing! A couple months pass and I go to use that purse again, and found them! Right where I left then! I guess my question is, how do I get them reactivated? Do I just go to any sephora store nearby? 

Hi @theskyhasfalln2

I'm going to send you a PM to gather more information.

Always,

Danee

Anonymous Insider

BULLCRAP, YOU CAN HAVE THAT INFORMATION AND THEY STILL WILL TELL YOU THAT THEY CANNOT HELP YOU. EXCEPT YOUR CARD WILL BE FROZEN SOMEHOW AND THEN YOU WILL HEAR NOTHING BACK. WHEN THEY SAY, "ASSIST," THEY ARE BEING DISINGENUOUS AT BEST. THEY ARE NOT TELLING THE TRUTH. NO CARD WILL BE REPLACED. THEY JUST DO IT IN A PRIVATE PM SO NOBODY ELSE WILL SEE OR BE AWARE THAT THEY WILL NOT GET THEIR CARD REPLACED AND IT IS A SHAM. I BELIEVE SOMEKNE AT SEPHORA ASSUMES OWNERSHIP OF YPHR CARD, WHY ELSE DO THEY FREEZE IT AFTER YOU TELL THEM IT IS STOLEN. THEY WILL NOT FREEZE IT FOR US. BUT THEY WILL FOR SOME REASON FOR THEIR OWN GAINS IT APPEARS  CONTACT THE CEO PERSONALLY. HERE IS THE LIST. THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU.

• Martin Brok, Global President & CEO of Sephora, Member of the LVMH Executive Committee
  • Jean-André Rougeot, President & CEO of Sephora Americas
  • Satish Malhotra, Executive Vice President, Chief Retail & Operating Officer
  • Artemis Patrick, Executive Vice President, Global Chief Merchandising Officer
  • Deborah Yeh, Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer
  • Christophe Le Boterff, Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
  • Corey Yribarren, Executive Vice President, Chief People Officer
  • Carolyn Bojanowski, Senior Vice President, General Manager of E-commerce
  • Vlad Kuznetsov, Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer.      .good luck

How do I contact these people. These policies and complete crap and not beneficial to honest consumers. I will not solicit my business here any longer. Each store and phone rep have something different to say. Cant believe anyone of these people. I need to speak to speak to a higher up that can actually help!!

Ok, the gift card was purchased from a grocery store. If I am able to get the grocery store to provide me a copy of the receipt, would you be able to assist me? 

@missceara If the Gift Card number is listed on the receipt, we should be able to look into it for you!

Anonymous Insider

Yeah, "LOOK IT UP!" LMAO, notice she does not say, yes , we can help you. Check it out!

Hello! Sephora absolutely has people on the inside draining our cards! 
It says online and on the website: "If your card is stolen or lost, contact us immediately." WHY? THEY DO NOT EVER REPLACE ANYONE'S CARD!
If you express that you actually do want it replaced, you are messaged something like, "Hey, so sorry to hear about that...I will send you a DM and we will see how we can assist you!" They isolate you and make it so the public cannot see how misleading they are about their TRUE gift card replacement policy. 
Instead of answering ANY questions about your card and ignoring all concerns by customer, you are required to give your card number as they say, "Well, give me your card number, so we can look into this and try to help you out!"  So you give the number to the Customer Service rep who immediately gets back to you and you get a prepopulated message cut and pasted that says, "Sorry, you should treat these plastic cards like they were cash." WTF? THEN it is followed up with, "Sorry, our policy is that we are not responsible for cards that are lost or stolen, is there anything else I can help you with?" 
They KNOW up front that they will NOT help you with any gift card. They KNOW that the topic on their site, and via Google searches, and the back of their giftcards are completely misleading! And they perpetuate that deceptive manipulation by telling us to give them our sensitive info like card numbers. Etc. "So they can assist us." Or "So they can look into our concern so they can help us!" BULLCRAP! This company is the ONLY company I know that will allow a criminal or burglar to spend my card they stole from me at gunpoint, and will not even cancel the order when the crook is having it shipped to their house! Even if you notify them 48 hours before the order is placed. You have NO RIGHTS! But the worst part is this: Sephora actively drains and steals gift cards on a daily basis. My wife was a Beauty Insider and openly admits that once you give them your card numbers in a private conversation they require you to participate in, the Employees visit an actual Sephora store after work and load all of OUR cards onto Google Pay, Sto-card, or any other digital gift card app, with just the card numbers, NO PINS, knowing that they can be spent using the card numbers only. When needed, they will "freeze," all cards reported as lost/stolen without the customers permission which stops the OTHER crooks from using the card that the employees mean to steal at a later time of their convenience. My wife sometimes spent over $1,000 in our gift cards that we entrusted them with, thinking Sephora will replace them, which they lead us on and make us believe that all we need to do is give them our card numbers in a private message. Theft is rampant at Sephora. There are store clerks that use a card scanner, writer/rewriter behind the counter at the store and scan the top 10 gift cards in the stack before their shift and record them all. Then they sell them or issue them to us that day, and then rewrite them onto blank cards after work and can use them, or load them digitally onto Google Pay to be spent and that is why they can spend your gift cards while your PIN IS STILL COVERED UP.  Privately, they compete for the ability to help customers who have lost/stolen cards because they use OUR gift cards and return the products and sell them on RAISE.com. Sephora security has busted rings of Sephora crooks who literally had a crime ring going where they were profiting off of their customers misfortune, by actually CAUSING their misfortune, then manipulating them when they are desperate and need Sephora's help that they strategically infer will be given, but once they have your number, you are no longer any need to Sephora and they send the prepopulated message that shocks everyone, that they do NOT ever reissue or replace ANY gift cards. Because they are worked in as part of their benefits package. Ask any Sephora employee, and they will tell you the same scams and games occur in nearly all Sephora stores. DO NOT GIVE SEPHORA YOUR CARD NUMBERS EVER! AND FORGET SEPHORA, IF YOUR CARD IS SPENT WHILE IT IS IN YOUR POSSESSION, THE ONLY REASON IS BECAUSE THEY HAD YOUR CARD INFO WHEN THEY ISSUED YOU THE CARD IN THE FIRST PLACE. EMAIL THE CEO, VP, CFO, AND POLICE. DO NOT LET SEPHORA HANDLE IT INTERNALLY. CALL POLICE AND TELL THEM YOUR SUSPICIONS. ONLY AFTER WE STAND UP TO SEPHORA AND DEMAND HONEST, STRAIGHTFORWARD MARKETING TACTICS, AND HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE STAGGERING NUMBER OF OUTRIGHT ROBBERY OF THEIR LOYAL CUSTOMERS WILL THERE BE CHANGE. 
THIS COMPANY IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED. THEY ARE NOT LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR BEST INTEREST. SHARE YOUR STORIES HERE! LET THE NEXT VICTIM KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DEALING WITH. SPREAD THE WORD ON SOCIAL MEDIA, AND LET THE PUBLIC KNOW WHAT I SHARED WITH YOU, AND WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU. IT IS STRAIGHT FROM THE MOUTHS OF SEPHORA CRIMINALS THEMSELVES. SORRY TO BE A GLOOMY CLOHD, BUT THIS IS REALITY. SADLY.. 
.TIMBLETOES

Ok, I am to call the bookkeeper tomorrow morning and will reply back when I get it. Thanks. 

Anonymous Insider

The receipt does not matter, regardless of what she may be inferring. All they want is your 16 digit card number. They never replace any cards.

It says online and on the website: "If your card is stolen or lost, contact us immediately." WHY? THEY DO NOT EVER REPLACE ANYONE'S CARD!
If you express that you actually do want it replaced, you are messaged something like, "Hey, so sorry to hear about that...I will send you a DM and we will see how we can assist you!" They isolate you and make it so the public cannot see how misleading they are about their TRUE gift card replacement policy. 
Instead of answering ANY questions about your card and ignoring all concerns by customer, you are required to give your card number as they say, "Well, give me your card number, so we can look into this and try to help you out!"  So you give the number to the Customer Service rep who immediately gets back to you and you get a prepopulated message cut and pasted that says, "Sorry, you should treat these plastic cards like they were cash." WTF? THEN it is followed up with, "Sorry, our policy is that we are not responsible for cards that are lost or stolen, is there anything else I can help you with?" 
They KNOW up front that they will NOT help you with any gift card. They KNOW that the topic on their site, and via Google searches, and the back of their giftcards are completely misleading! And they perpetuate that deceptive manipulation by telling us to give them our sensitive info like card numbers. Etc. "So they can assist us." Or "So they can look into our concern so they can help us!" BULLCRAP! This company is the ONLY company I know that will allow a criminal or burglar to spend my card they stole from me at gunpoint, and will not even cancel the order when the crook is having it shipped to their house! Even if you notify them 48 hours before the order is placed. You have NO RIGHTS! But the worst part is this: Sephora actively drains and steals gift cards on a daily basis. My wife was a Beauty Insider and openly admits that once you give them your card numbers in a private conversation they require you to participate in, the Employees visit an actual Sephora store after work and load all of OUR cards onto Google Pay, Sto-card, or any other digital gift card app, with just the card numbers, NO PINS, knowing that they can be spent using the card numbers only. When needed, they will "freeze," all cards reported as lost/stolen without the customers permission which stops the OTHER crooks from using the card that the employees mean to steal at a later time of their convenience. My wife sometimes spent over $1,000 in our gift cards that we entrusted them with, thinking Sephora will replace them, which they lead us on and make us believe that all we need to do is give them our card numbers in a private message. Theft is rampant at Sephora. There are store clerks that use a card scanner, writer/rewriter behind the counter at the store and scan the top 10 gift cards in the stack before their shift and record them all. Then they sell them or issue them to us that day, and then rewrite them onto blank cards after work and can use them, or load them digitally onto Google Pay to be spent and that is why they can spend your gift cards while your PIN IS STILL COVERED UP.  Privately, they compete for the ability to help customers who have lost/stolen cards because they use OUR gift cards and return the products and sell them on RAISE.com. Sephora security has busted rings of Sephora crooks who literally had a crime ring going where they were profiting off of their customers misfortune, by actually CAUSING their misfortune, then manipulating them when they are desperate and need Sephora's help that they strategically infer will be given, but once they have your number, you are no longer any need to Sephora and they send the prepopulated message that shocks everyone, that they do NOT ever reissue or replace ANY gift cards. Because they are worked in as part of their benefits package. Ask any Sephora employee, and they will tell you the same scams and games occur in nearly all Sephora stores. DO NOT GIVE SEPHORA YOUR CARD NUMBERS EVER! AND FORGET SEPHORA, IF YOUR CARD IS SPENT WHILE IT IS IN YOUR POSSESSION, THE ONLY REASON IS BECAUSE THEY HAD YOUR CARD INFO WHEN THEY ISSUED YOU THE CARD IN THE FIRST PLACE. EMAIL THE CEO, VP, CFO, AND POLICE. DO NOT LET SEPHORA HANDLE IT INTERNALLY. CALL POLICE AND TELL THEM YOUR SUSPICIONS. ONLY AFTER WE STAND UP TO SEPHORA AND DEMAND HONEST, STRAIGHTFORWARD MARKETING TACTICS, AND HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE STAGGERING NUMBER OF OUTRIGHT ROBBERY OF THEIR LOYAL CUSTOMERS WILL THERE BE CHANGE. 
THIS COMPANY IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED. THEY ARE NOT LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR BEST INTEREST. SHARE YOUR STORIES HERE! LET THE NEXT VICTIM KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DEALING WITH. SPREAD THE WORD ON SOCIAL MEDIA, AND LET THE PUBLIC KNOW WHAT I SHARED WITH YOU, AND WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU. IT IS STRAIGHT FROM THE MOUTHS OF SEPHORA CRIMINALS THEMSELVES. SORRY TO BE A GLOOMY CLOHD, BUT THIS IS REALITY. SADLY.. 
.TIMBLETOES

.TIMBLETOES

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing