Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Sephora: "Your order has been modified" for the twentieth time in a row because we don't know how to run a billion dollar business

Sephora, my order has been modified so many times that I now have to trust issues with this website. Whenever I purchase a new item, I live in fear for the next four to five business days, hoping that I don't get the dreaded "WE'RE SORRY" email. I've contacted customer rep maybe the first 3 times it has occurred, and each time I got a sorry excuse of an answer, and no help. The thing is, I know how online retail works, because I've been in the industry for a while, and this is NOT how it should be conducted. If the item is backordered, or the system does not process that the item is sold out until after is has been backordered, there is a simple solution- ONCE IT IS IN STOCK, send those items out to all the customers that didn't receive their items! Don't make them stalk the website until the item is back in stock, which most likely will not work, since the order will almost always get cancelled AGAIN. You think this is a smart business model, but the truth is, a lot of us loose interest and frankly don't want to be bothered by the website again. HELLO Ulta, or Nordstrom makeup, or really any other store. To the very least, if an order IS cancelled, compensate by rewarding a few extra rewards bazaar points to leave the customer feeling somewhat content. I've had it with sephora and their rewards bazaar, I have been trying to get the NARS orgasm blush for the past few weeks, refreshing the app and hoping to add it. What stings more is that they don't let you know that your order has been modified until a few days later, and I've gotten two failed/cancelled orders in this month alone. This makes for one, and I'm sure millions of unhappy customers that were once loyal. However, my loyalty is slowly shifting...(being a rouge member for the past two years, I think I'm retiring this year lol). SEPHORA, DO SOMETHING, HIRE SOMEONE THAT CAN FIX THIS, because we all know it can be done. 

Re: Sephora: "Your order has been modified" for the twentieth time in a row because we don't know how to run a billion dollar busin

Hi @lipstickbafoon,

I'm so sorry about this, and I will take a look now. I'll send you a private message to assist shortly after. Also - I've removed the screenshot provided in your post as we do not want to share order numbers in this public group. Thank you! 

- Laurie

Re: Sephora: "Your order has been modified" for the twentieth time in a row because we don't know how to run a billion dollar busin

Right!   I've had the same thing happening frequently also!  A few times a friend ordered the same thing after I told her about it and she got hers but mine got cancelled.  I read on a blog that new or newer customers get preferential treatment and from what I have seen a few times already with my friends who are newer customers they do get what they order and it ships faster too. 

RE: Sephora: \"Your order has been modified\" for the twentieth time in a row because we don't know how to run a billion dollar business

I agree 100%.. I was even told by a BT on here in a private message yesterday I was being “compensated” with 200 Beauty Points because of this exact same issue.. Guess what??!! The Points never were given!!!

Re: RE: Sephora: \"Your order has been modified\" for the twentieth time in a row because we don't know how to run a billion dollar

Hi @redhologram,

I'm sorry! I'll take a look and will send you a private message to assist.

- Laurie

RE: Re: RE: Sephora: \\\"Your order has been modified\\\" for the twentieth time in a row because we don't know how to run a billion dollar

It was solved yesterday, thank you!

Re: RE: Sephora: \"Your order has been modified\" for the twentieth time in a row because we don't know how to run a billion dollar

It's like you have to babysit when sephora says they will do something to make sure it actually happens, it's not like other stores where you can trust getting what you order.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing