Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Sephora increased prices before sale event!!

On October 9th I added a few items to my favorites list on the Sephora app in preparation for the sale, the l’Occitane Shea shower oil was 34$. I come to put in my cart for the sale tomorrow it’s is now 39$. Sephora increased the price by 15%!! The l’Occitane website has it for 34$. 

So now I start wondering about the other items, I check on the Lancôme UV AQUA GEL DÉFENSE MOISTURIZER sunscreen, Sephora has it for 54$ but both Shoppers and Lancôme have it for 46$, that’s an 8$ increase!!

What is going on, how long has Sephora been doing this and did they disclose this to their clients??

I feel scammed!! 

IMG_8678.jpeg

Re: Sephora increased prices before sale event!!

Unacceptable

I am disgusted.  Luminous Silk foundation is $93CAD now at Sephora but the price remains $82 at Hudson's Bay.  I guess I will be price checking everything from now on 

Hi @lena999 I'm so sorry for the confusion. I checked our system and can confirm we did not increase the price of the L'Occitane Shea Shower Oil when the promo started. 

“When the promo started”…. Did you increase it in the days before then? Sephora gaslighting its customers…

There was for sure an increase! I also added items to my bag prior to the sale and there is a very noticeable increase now that the sale is active. Not only am I banned from returns (without notice), the lack of notice for this price increase while holding a "sale" leaves me disappointed beyond measure. Currently if you go to the actual brand sites, or even Ulta, the prices are lower than Sephora. At this stage whats the point of the sale...

Hi, thank you for responding. As you can see from from the date on the snapshot below, the l’Occitane Shea Shower oil was added to my cart on October 9th. It was 34$ at the time and now it says it is 39$, how is that not an increase?

IMG_8689.jpeg

I've noticed they do this leading up to every sale, but it's usually $1 here and there. This time in particular, I've noticed items going up several dollars. As a Rouge since 2016, I find it's not even worth it, there are minimal benefits also. It's unsavory and deceptive.

I'll be mindful of what I buy this sale for sure.

#sale #timetosave 

I dont usually go on the Sephora community tab, have people been talking about this? I can’t believe I’ve seen no TikTok’s or anyone talk abojt this. 

They increased the price of the ordinary hair oil as well. I bought it last month for $25.30 and now it’s $29.60? The ordinary website still has it for $25 (in fact it’s actually on sale for $19 on their site right now) 

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos2
  • IMG_8678.jpeg
  • IMG_8689.jpeg
testing