Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Recieved damaged/used product

I ordered the Jaclynn Hill palette last week and just opened it today and two of the shadows have been used? Not sure what to do in this case, I’m a VIB member but I’m super disappointed with this as I’ve never really recieved a damaged product like this from Sephora. What should be my next step? 

Re: Recieved damaged/used product

Hi all, 

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your items. We value the feedback we receive from our clients and this is not the order experience we want our clients to have. If anyone needs assistance, please feel free to send me a private message with your order number(s) and details. Thank you!

Warm regards,

Laurie 

I've gotten used products twice now - one was lip sunblock and another was brow wax. They were clearly used - like banged-up-inside-someone's-purse-for-a-few-weeks-smudges-smears-fingerprints-and-obvious-use used. 

Both were from online orders. Sephora sent a replacement for one and refunded the other because it was out of stock.

It's soooo gross. It definitely hurts my confidence in Sephora - I've started re-visting dept store makeup counters as a result. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RE: Recieved damaged/used product

Hi Mariumjay, I’ve been receiving used products from Sephora for over a year now and have had enough of their prefabricated letters. So far I’ve received a used eyeshadow palette, 2 used/opened body washes, used false eyelashes, an extremely used and beat up hair curling wand a severely damaged candle and the last time I received an obviously opened and used beat up box of a trio of perfumes. Every time I get a letter telling me they’ll refund me or resend another product and that’s it. I’ve requested that my complaint be forwarded to someone who has the power to make this practice stop but I’ve never had that happen. I have to do most of my shopping online due to a disability so I rely on Sephora for virtually all of my cosmetics and accessories. It makes me sick to think about what someone may have done to the product before it was resold to me, especially the body washes, false eyelashes and eyeshadows. I’m also pretty sure that reselling a used product as “new” and having to paying full price for it is not legal and this can really get them in trouble if someone got sick or contracted a disease from these used items. Could you please let me know if you get anywhere with this by replying to this thread? I live in Canada so I would be interested to know if you’re in Canada as well or if this practice is happening in the USA also. Thanks! Lisa

Hi @mariumjay,

I'm sorry for the condition of the palette you received! I'm going to send you a PM to help!

Always,
Danee

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing