Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

No return on points?!

I used 500 points in order to purchase something and ended up hating the item. So, I went to return it. However, the points, even in partial amounts are not going to get refunded to me. When I spoke to someone on the phone they stated that once the points are used, they can never be refunded and we should know to purchase something we like.

How was I supposed to know that? I was never informed and that was not a warning statement when redeeming my points. 

Yes, $10 dollars is not a huge amount, but I feel like this isn't completely fair, as 500 points take some time to accumulate. All this makes me want to do is shop elsewhere as I simply don't feel like a valued customer.

Re: No return on points?!

I lost $100 I used 2500 points to get a $100 reward and I never return products and been rouge for pay few years and I decided to return the items because I didn’t like them well apparently after waiting 30 days they will not refund me my points or reward because it’s the terms and conditions which is ridiculous 

I seriously just wrote,”Rewards return”. In the question for this exact reason. Has I known or had the slightest idea I wouldn’t have used my points I’ve  been saving for years ever. Like what? We are in a pandemic. Besides the normal amount of online shopping, obviously a lot more is happening now. If used in person or online we should have been told that incase I’d a return our points would not be reapplied. This is so unprofessional 

Hi @yana124,

We appreciate you for sharing this feedback with us and apologize for any disappointment caused. Please note that Beauty Insider Cash is non-refundable. If you choose to return an item that was purchased with Beauty Insider Cash, the points or discount amount would not be returned. For more information please visit > https://www.sephora.com/beauty/terms-conditions-beauty-insider

Warm regards,

Laurie 

May I ask why that isn’t explained to the customer upon making a return? I’m not trying to be rude.  I understand you are representing a company and doing your job. However; it’s not a clear or upstanding business practice. We are in the middle of a pandemic. I used the points I accumulated for a discount off a perfume. I purchased online , wasn’t the right fit for me so I returned it. Now, wanting to use the same money to buy something else I’m penalized for that? I 

That's fine. But that doesn't solve anything.

I have been shopping at Sephora since middle school. But I will just shop directly from my favorite brands and other retailers from now on.

Thanks.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing