Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

No in store samples

I have been searching for a fall fragrance and went to a Sephora in Dallas to test one out. I loved it and wanted to get a sample to see how it wore throughout the day, how it was when I reapplied later and the next day. samples are so helpful since I figure I’m trying something out instead of purchasing and then returning if it doesn’t work out and then wasting product. I was very rudely told no more samples are given because of the pandemic and only testers are available to try. I didn’t see a bottle of what I wanted in stock and asked if they had more and was told only what’s on the shelf. I asked another associate because the girl behind the register was rude and not helpful and was also told no samples given but she did look for what I wanted and quickly located a bottle in a drawer. While I was thankful for the associate that actually helped me, I was not happy about having to purchase a $280 bottle without testing it over a day or two to make sure it was a good purchase. I also was not thrilled about how I was treated by the other associate so I left without purchasing because I can go to a department store, get a sample, possibly several samples with different options from a better selection. I decided to write because I have always enjoyed Sephora and I’ve been a rouge member for many years (so clearly I spend money there and ultimately purchase what I’ve sampled and therefore rarely return anything) and lately my experience at Sephora has not been the same as it has been in the past that kept me a loyal customer. In fact I went to this particular store because it is not in a mall and in a more affluent neighborhood and I’ve always had a good experience there. In the past I have referred people to Sephora and I can’t say with confidence that I will in the future. With department stores offering a better selection in fragrance with samples and other retailers like Ulta now carrying more high end brands that I use I find myself visiting Sephora less. I just thought I would share this feedback in hopes that it is helpful to get Sephora back to where it was. 

Re: No in store samples

I know how you exactly feel cause that’s what happened to me too yesterday. I’ve been a VIB Rouge member for years and felt like I was being treated unfair in their store just because I was wearing flip flops, not so cute clothing, no make up early in the morning and was looking around checking their perfume and cologne tester. As soon as the mall in Cerritos opened yesterday, I went directly to Sephora just to try some new fragrances since I love collecting perfume and always buy fragrances for my family and friends on Christmas. I buy more than 5 fragrances here every year and wanted to buy a cologne for my husband. I asked one of the staff if I could have a sample of the cologne (Valentino) and she said the same thing like what they told you with an attitude. So I told her cause it’s hard to buy a cologne if I don’t know if my husband will like it, then she said just bring him to the store. Again, with an attitude. I went to Nordstrom after and was treated nicely by one of their staff for Tom Ford and told me about their fragrance deal. 15% off on Nordstrom and 20% for Sephora. Only a small difference but atleast I was treated nicely and they have more perfume selections and give me more samples. 

Hi @mujunkielady

I'm sorry to hear about your recent store experience! I will send you a PM to assist.

Regards,

Danee

Oh, wow!! Super helpful. Getting an email won't change how rude the staff members are.. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing