Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support

Instore samples

I have a friend in the US who says she witnessed today someone requesting foundation samples in person in the store, and the employee said that yes, they can ask for anything and get it, just like before. (She lives in Boiling Springs, South Carolina).

It would be great to get an official statement on this, is it USA only, is it a decision *per store*, is Canada excluded, or even just Quebec?

The discrepancies is what alienates customers.

Can anyone confirm the current 2023 politics?

Thank you kindly! HNY!!

Re: Instore samples

Hi @gaelka

Not all Sephora stores may be offering samples at this time and I'm sorry about that! I recommend contacting your local Sephora store directly to check if they are offering samples at this time. If they are not offering samples, I may suggest asking the Cast Member or Store Director if they have any information if/when they will be offering them again. Thank you!

Regards,

Danee

Would like to add that I went to an additional store tonight and they said the same: it is never coming back. ... So is your information pertaining to US?

Hi @gaelka,

I'm sorry that we don't have any additional details to provide, but I've forwarded your feedback about sampling in Canadian stores to our teams for review. In the meantime we'd recommend continuing to inquire directly with your local store for details about sample offerings. Thank you!

Warm regards,

Laurie

I was expecting this exact answer, so here is my reply to that:

My question is and remains: has there been an OFFICIAL notice from higher ups to ALL STORES that they are ALLOWED to TAKE THE DECISIONS themselves wheter they may or may not hand out samples? That would create a lot of frustration and confusion so I really doubt so? 

Noone is going to go store per store to ask, and furthermore I am wondering if there is a difference between American and Canadian rules.

I have already asked more than once in person (I live in Quebec) and was told that: they are never coming back, ever. 

So what is it then? 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing