Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Defective Baby Buttercup

I bought a baby buttercup hairdryer Nov 12, 2018.

Last week it randomly shut off and won't turn back on (no weird noises, or smells, and its in perfect condition with minimal usage)

Obviously this is out of the return window in sephora's policy, but considering that the product is defective (a 175$ hairdryer should last more than a year..), i want to return for store credit so i can pick out a new dryer, or at least exchange for another of the same.

I know that drybar has their own warranty, however the shipping fees are going to be about 35$ that drybar does NOT cover (which is ridiculous to have to spend on an expensive product that is not even a year old). 

They also say that it will be about 4-6 weeks minimum to repair, and considering i am the only female in my household this is far too long to go without a hairdryer.

I bought the hairdryer from Sephora, and i am hoping that as a Sephora customer for years, that they will stand by the products they sell.

so far i have sent an email to customer service and only received a "copy-Paste" response on the return policy.

This is not a palette or foundation that i have held onto and am now trying to return. If Sephora wants to sell electronics, there needs to be exceptions to the policy as these items do not always show their defects within 60 days.

Re: Defective Baby Buttercup

Hi @Opossumattack I'm so sorry to hear that your hairdryer stopped working. I will look into this for you and send you a PM for more information. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing