cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Beauty Insider Program Updates FAQS

We are updating the Beauty Insider program with exciting changes that include:

• More Points – VIB and Rouge now earn points faster. VIB members earn 1.25 points for every $1 spent and Rouge members earn 1.5 points for every dollar spent. (Insider members continue to earn 1 point for every dollar spent.)
  • More Choice – VIB and Rouge can now choose between a birthday gift from our brands or 250 bonus points
  • More Rewards - 5X More Rewards including our newest rewards: $100 Rouge Reward for Rouge and full size product for VIB and Rouge

In addition to these new benefits you will continue to have all the great benefits you have today; exclusive access to brands and events, unique experiences, classes, the BI Community. This is a 1st step in a multi-year journey. We are going to continue to listen to your feedback and look forward to building on this program in the future. 

In celebration of the changes to the Beauty Insider program and to thank you for your membership, you will be able to access the Beauty Insider Appreciation event from Fri 8/24 – Mon 9/3 for Rouge and Thurs 8/30 - Mon 9/3 for VIB and Insider. For more details visit the FAQs here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/Beauty-Insider-Appreciation-Event-2018/m-p/4114846

Can I get a sneak peek at the new benefits?

Sure! Here are the new benefits by tier:BI Benefits Chart.jpg

More Points

How can I earn more points?

Rouge members will start earning 1.5 points for every dollar spent and VIB members will start to earn 1.25 points for every dollar spent.  Insider members will continue to earn 1 point for every dollar.

Do points expire? 

We encourage you to redeem your points often, so that you get to experience the full benefits of the Beauty Insider program including product, gifts, experiences and events. All unredeemed points expire when you have not engaged in point activity associated with your Beauty Bank (through purchase or redemption for Rewards or Birthday Gift) for 18 months or more. If you have questions regarding the date of your last point activity or your last purchase, you may email customerservice@sephora.com or call 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672) for more information. In addition, points will automatically expire if your Membership is revoked or otherwise cancelled.

More Choice

What new choices do I have in the Beauty Insider program?

VIB and Rouge members are now eligible to choose between a Birthday Gift or 250 bonus points! All clients will also have more rewards to choose from in the Rewards Bazaar.

More Rewards

Full Size

How can I use my points to redeem full-size products?

Full-size products from our favorite brands are now available in the Rewards Bazaar. VIB and Rouge will have access to redeem their points for these products while supplies last.

Rouge Reward:

What is a Rouge Reward and who can use one?

A Rouge Reward is a non-transferable $100 reward available to Rouge members in exchange for redemption of 2,500 Beauty Insider points, while supplies last on a first-come-first-served basis. A $100 Rouge Reward then can be used online or in store for the purchase of merchandise only. Merchandise does not include e-gift cards, gift cards, a FLASH Shipping subscription, a Play! Subscription, taxes or shipping.  Employees of Sephora, Sephora inside JCPenney, and JCPenney are not eligible to redeem points for Rouge Rewards. Rouge Rewards expire 90 calendar days after the email confirmation date (details below).

How do I redeem a Rouge Reward?

The $100 Rouge Reward will be available in the Rewards Bazaar every Tuesday and Thursday in limited quantities while supplies last. Rewards go live at 9am Pacific Time. Rouge Reward may sell out but more will become available each Tuesday and Thursday at 9am Pacific Time.

Where and how can I use my Rouge Reward?

The Rouge Reward can be redeemed online and at Sephora stores in the US and Canada for the purchase of merchandise only and can only be redeemed in the country where the Rouge Reward was purchased. A Rouge Reward cannot be used in Puerto Rico stores, at Sephora inside JCPenney stores or at jcpenney.com.

Can I use my Rouge Reward in multiple transactions?

The Rouge Reward can only be redeemed once. The full $100 amount must be used in a single transaction; any remaining value will not be reimbursed.

How quickly will I receive and be able to use my Rouge Reward after I redeem points for it?

After you redeem points for a Rouge Reward in the Rewards Bazaar, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours that will provide a link to generate a code and instructions on how to use the code to purchase merchandise. The code, once received via the link, is immediately available for use. The code can be viewed multiple times from the same confirmation email, but the code will expire after 90 days from the date of the email. 

Can I use my Rouge Reward in conjunction with promotional discounts or codes?

A Rouge Reward cannot be used in conjunction with any promotional discounts or codes.

Can my Rouge Reward Expire?

Yes.  The Rouge Reward code expires 90 days after the date of the confirmation email containing the link used to generate the code.  If the $100 value is not used during this period it will be forfeited.

Additional Program Questions:

Do Rouge members still receive free Custom Makeovers?

Rouge members still receive free custom makeovers with no minimum purchase for the remainder of 2018. Don’t forget, all Beauty Insider members receive free 45-minute custom makeovers when you spend $50 or more.  An appointment is required for all custom makeovers, visit https://www.sephora.com/happening/home to make an appointment.  

What is my FLASH Shipping benefit as a Rouge member in the US?

As a Rouge member in the US, you can opt in to unlimited, free 2-day FLASH Shipping on sephora.com/FLASH. No minimum purchase is required.

What is my shipping benefit as a Rouge member in Canada?

As a Rouge member in Canada, you will continue to receive free standard shipping. No minimum purchase is required.

Is the Rouge Private Hotline still available to Rouge members?

Yes, Rouge members still get a dedicated private hotline. Please call 1-855-55-ROUGE to speak with a Beauty Advisor.

Where can I go to find all of my Beauty Insider account information?

Starting on August 15th you will see a new version of your Beauty Insider profile that will be your destination for everything Beauty Insider related. You can view your year-to-date activity and your current points balance, redeem rewards and gifts and learn about your Beauty Insider benefits.

When will these changes go in to effect?

You will start to see some changes on August 15th and updates will continue through the end of the month.

Re: Beauty Insider Program Updates FAQS

@SephoraBIC can you guys give us an update as to what's going to happen with the program next year? According to the new T&C a lot of the changes implemented last year will no longer apply after Dec. 31st.

Hi @makeitup305,

We do not have any further information at this time. However, I suggest that you stay tuned to your emails and BIC for all Beauty Insider updates. 

Best,

Zakiya

This is stupid. Just make full-size products available on rewards all the time. As so most Sephora customers, I have a job. I can't be logging on at 9am PST, which is the middle of the workday on the east coast. Dumb. Will shift more of my beauty essentials purchasing to Nordstrom, which gives me Nordstrom Notes that I can actually use on what I want, not on some tiny samples that are mostly plastic (non-recyclable) packaging.

I have worked to remain Rouge for the last several years because of the complimentary makeovers. Now they are gone completely. This is a complete downgrade of the loyalty program, and I will NEVER be making Rouge again. Now there is absolutely no incentive for me to not just go direct to the brands or to Ulta. Hugely disappointing, and I will be frequenting Sephora much less often. 

#

@bethanyro wrote:

I have worked to remain Rouge for the last several years because of the complimentary makeovers. Now they are gone completely. This is a complete downgrade of the loyalty program, and I will NEVER be making Rouge again. Now there is absolutely no incentive for me to not just go direct to the brands or to Ulta. Hugely disappointing, and I will be frequenting Sephora much less often. 

I did not even get a birthday gift! And there are no incentives to remain rouge.

@bethanyro wrote:

Is anyone else concerned about losing the Custom Makeover?  I spent so much $$ this year, excited to earn this feature & it’s gone end of 2018. 

i was looking forward to this... well I guess I’ll enjoy it for the next 5 weeks.

The language regarding complimentary makeovers for Rouge seemed vague so I reached out to customer support and recieved this response:

"Hello Camille,
 Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

My apologies for the confusion regarding your inquiry about the Beauty Insider program and Rouge benefits. However, the complimentary makeover is no longer available for Rouge clients. However, beauty classes are available as well as the skincare service for a $75 purchase. You can find complete details regarding the Beauty Insider program here."

As far as client services understands, being Rouge no longer includes the complimentary makeover. In fact, they aren't even allowing Rouge to continue to receive the benefit through 2018 as promised in the FAQ, as I went and spoke to managers in two different Sephora locations near me. 

During this rollout, we have been repeatedly told that Rouge would not lose benefits, only gain. However, this seems like a major loss to me. While I'm fully capable of doing my makeup, the makeovers provide an opportunity to test and layer new products that I'm considering while chatting with someone who knows the product. It cuts down on waste and returns, as I purchase with a very solid understanding of what I enjoy before I buy. I also use the makeovers to try on, and learn about, super glam looks that I'm less skilled in creating.

Please reverse the decision to take away the complimentary makeovers for Rouge. It is literally one of the only Rouge benefits that I actually enjoy.  

Thanks for looking into this. I 100% agree, this year I spent soo much money in store focused on this benefit & how much time & money it would save me. 

Only to read the benefit (now earned my Rouge) & it’s gone. 

Horrible. 

Just an FYI, since they aren't really clear about it in the FAQs, you can't use multiple $100 rewards for one purchase online because it's not a gift card, it's a promo code. So if you got excited and finally cashed in all your useless points after years of hoarding them like I did and expected to use multiple $100 rewards to cover/knock down the price of one really expensive item (looking at you Dyson Airwrap Styler), it won't work. Who knows if you can use multiple in store, since they don't really clarify, but I doubt it. Doesn't really make sense since whether you make multiple transactions of $100 or use them all for one big purchase it's still the same amount out of Sephora's pockets in the end. Also according to customer service you can only redeem a max of 10 every year, but even they don't know if you can use multiple in store. Hope this helps someone plan how to use them better. Still way better than redeeming points for samples that's for sure but maybe could use a little tweaking on the limitations. 

RE: Beauty Insider Program Updates FAQS

Really bad store at Hamilton place Sephora in Chattanooga. You call and they say they don’t have openings for Rouge free makeovers. You ask ok so when do you have. We don’t have anything until next year. Ha! This store does not hire people that can do makeovers. It has been going downhill for last 1 1/2 When will Sephora change management at that store and district manager. Sephora doesn’t care or it would have happened a long time ago.

Re: RE: Beauty Insider Program Updates FAQS

Hi @Jwoolly1,

I'm so sorry to hear that! I will send you a PM shortly to assist you further. Thank you.

Warmest regards,

Helen

Love the new program! Thanks for always looking out for your customers. 

Hi @jeg7660,

We're glad you're loving the new Beauty Insider updates! 🙂

Warmest regards,

Helen

Why don’t I see the $100 Rouge Reward? When it sells out will it stay and say “SOLD OUT” like the rest of the rewards? Or will it disappear altogether? I don’t know if I’m experiencing a glitch or something. I feel like I’m missing out or am left in the dark when I don’t see it appear in the Rewards Bazaar at all.

Hi @jennidelopez,

I apologize about this! We will have more Rouge Rewards and they're released every Tuesday and Thursday between 9am-5pm PT. Please check back and stay tuned, thank you. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

Can you redeem the 2500 points for the rouge reward in store? Some sephora employees told me to head on over in store to redeem the rouge reward rather than online.

Hi @AutumnWorm

You can redeem the Rouge Reward online on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Rewards Bazaar at 9 am PST. You are not able to redeem the reward in store, however you can use $100 in store. I hope that this clarifies. 

Best,

Zakiya

Finally,

someone has answers!!

This “new program” is bull. So basically VIb is still unable to do anything with our points because we are still not allowed to trade it in for money off our purchases. This didn’t even need an announcement. Nothing you offer for these points is ever worth redeeming for . Unless you give us a item of our choice from the whole sephorra store , I don’t see how this is an exciting change for VIB members . No thanks 

I got excited...until I read the fine print.  This sounds pretty crappy, I thought you guys were actually stepping up your game to offer a bomb reward system like Ulta.  This is crap.  This is why I only buy products from Sephora that Ulta does not sell.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • BI Benefits Chart.jpg
testing