Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

ABSURD, UNACCEPTABLE Shipping Delay!

Today is January 4, 2021. I placed my order on DECEMBER 9, 2020. The last email update I received from Sephora was on December 23, which said in part Although your order left our distribution center in plenty of time to be delivered on or before 12/24, the pressure on shipping carriers this holiday season is unprecedented." That statement is completely FALSE. According to the tracking information, my package was shipped to the NY Distribution Center on December 24. That did NOT give the post office "plenty of time" to deliver my order "on or before 12/24!" Why did Sephora lie?  Why did it take Sephora 16 DAYS to ship my order from Maryland to New York? The USPS has NOTHING to do with Sephora's Distribution Centers!

The email goes on to say, "USPS has informed us that due to this high volume, they are not able to provide regular tracking updates and expected delivery date as they normally would on all packages. However, USPS has reassured us that even if no delivery date is shown, the package is still on the way." I am SHOCKED by the lack of responsibility Sephora is taking in its inability to get orders out to customers, and OUTRAGED by the blame Sephora is placing the the United States Postal Service for THEIR COMPANY'S FAILURE TO PROCESS ORDERS AND HAVE THEM READY TO BE PICKED UP BY THE USPS IN A TIMELY MANNER!

I sell online, and have personally dealt with the significant delays that the USPS is struggling with. While some of the packages I shipped did take up to 10 days to reach their destinations, NONE of my packages took 25 DAYS! According to the Sephora website, My order was shipped on on December 24th, and reached the Metro NY Distribution Center the same day. My order has been "IN TRANSIT" from New York City, which is 30 MILES AWAY for 11 DAYS! THAT'S INSANE & COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! This delay has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE USPS, and EVERYTHING TO DO WITH SEPHORA'S INCOMPETENCE! 

The fact that Sephora is blaming the USPS for this delay is totally irresponsible and unfair. Putting the blame on the USPS for what is CLEARLY Sephora's responsibility, and failing to keep customers informed and updated on their orders, claiming the USPS can't provide tracking, is a BLATANT LIE, and completely unethical. If the USPS can provide me, and other online sellers and companies that utilize their services with tracking for packages shipped out, it most certainly can provide Sephora with tracking information. It's not the USPS that is failing to provide Sephora with tracking information; it's SEPHORA that is FAILING TO PROVIDE ITS CUSTOMERS WITH TRACKING INFORMATION! STOP LYING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS! 

I truly believe that MOST people have understanding and compassion during this trying Pandemic. We are all in it together. We are all affected. We all know people who have been sick, or died from Covid-19. It is a difficult time, to say the least. I would understand if Sephora had sent an apology email, stating it was struggling with staffing issues due to Covid, and acknowledging their inability to keep their promise to have items shipped in a timely manner. I wouldn't be angry, nor would I feel that anyone was to blame for the severity of time it has taken to receive my order.

But Sephora did NOT state that they were having issues due to Covid; they blamed the United States Postal Service, and kept tracking information from their customers ON PURPOSE. I believe this was done to keep customers in the dark, because if we saw that our orders were sitting in Sephora Distribution Centers, not going anywhere for WEEKS without any explanation, we might complain! It's time for Sephora to TELL THEIR CUSTOMERS THE TRUTH, AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR PALTRY SERVICE!

Every Sephora customer who has been waiting for orders to be delivered for nearly a MONTH, with NO UPDATES or apologies for their orders failing to arrive should be given vouchers or partial refunds for the UNJUSTIFIED DELAY, along with the BRAZEN AUDACITY to place blame on the USPS for Sephora's irresponsible, disrespectful treatment of its customers. My order contained holiday gifts for others. It was placed on December 9, 2020. I was informed on December 23 that the package was on its way, but may not be delivered by December 24. Today is JANUARY 4, 2021. The holidays are a week past, and additional time and money had to be spent on gifts that were never delivered. Sephora needs to step up and make amends to its customers, as well as to the USPS. This delay is ON SEPHORA, and they need to take ACCOUNTABILITY and own their failure to provide services promised.

#Sephora, #Sephorashipping, #SephoraShippingLies, #Sephoralies, #Sephorablame, #shippingdelays, #lies, #blame, #usps

Re: ABSURD, UNACCEPTABLE Shipping Delay!

2023 repeat. Sephora back at it again. Promising ship dates they have no intention  of following through on. Where’s the executive accountability? 

I agree. I placed an order and still haven't received shipping details. However, the money was taken from my bank account. When I went to my Sephora account, the estimated delivery time is 14 days. If I would have known that it would  take that long to receive my order, I would have never ordered online. Absolutely annoyed! 

I placed my order on December 23 and it still hasn't even shipped. I keep wondering what the heck is going on. I've been a Sephora shopper for years and I've never seen this kind of delay. I think I'm going to avoid shopping here for awhile if this is going to continue.

Hi @Shelly279,

Sorry to hear that! I'm sending you a PM.

Always,
Danee

I’m having this issue right now! It’s been two weeks since I placed my order. Says it’s in transit from MD then it’s off to another facility. Now the delivery date went from 12/9 to blank. If I would have known a “delay” meant waiting a whole month, I wouldn’t have ordered online or at all. I ordered a package from CHINA the same time (Black Friday), it arrived already. Delivered by USPS. 

@PurpleElf I'm sorry for the delay! I will take a look and send you a PM. 

Agreed. We are going on year 2 of the pandemic and there are still shipping delays? Huge fail Sephora. You have lost me to Ulta where items are shipped quickly and the customer service is top-notch. The person that runs operations/distribution at Sephora should be fired.

I don't know why I didn't think of Ulta before, but seeing your post I just went and signed up so I can get the mascara I ordered from Sephora weeks ago. There is a shipping delay notice on their order tracking page, but it looks like there have been problems for years, many before the pandemic. SO tired of it, So thanks for the tip! 

I'm on my LAST NERVE with Sephora Online. They are always blaming USPS. They also flagged my account because items were destroyed or never received.So they reship them. One nice women reshipped my item and told me if my item comes back to send it back. Either ship it back or drop it off at a freestanding Sephora store with packaging and receipt. NO PROBLEM!! I did that.

All seemed well as of TODAY when I asked were my 300 dollar order was and they told me that I needed to wait and couldn't resend it. Okay, then give me my money back and keep your stupid products. THIS IS IT! after these orders I will only buy in store and NEVER again online. But with that being said, I won't be buying much as I am never really near the store. 

The people who work in customer service clearly don't order or have never been through this before. If they did..I feel like they would have some compassion. I have had it. Sephora used to stand for helping their client..yea well, over the years they have changed that. I know people abuse the system...but look into who is ABUSING the system..how is it my fault that my items get lost in the mail and I have to face the results of that?! 

It's so bogus and I hope Sephora online get's there karma

Hi @sarastop,

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I will look into it then send you a PM.

Always,
Danee

This worries me.

Apparently this delay is still going. I am still awaiting for my order to be processed. Sephora making promises to customers that they cannot keep. Like you said last month Amanda that if you had received an honest email from Sephora a head of time you would not be tripping but instead was lied to. It would be nice if Sephora place some kind of warning message to customers saying there is a processing and shipping delay that way “we” as customers can make the choice to proceed with our orders or not. Instead “we” as customers are finding out after waiting some time that there is a delay. This to me is unacceptable. Customers spend so much money with Sephora to be getting poor customer care. Never again Sephora.com shopping for me. I will just have to make the trip in the store smh

Mine is so delayed and they have no updates for me no refund or apologies. I might as well go to Ulta and get products because at least I know they'll get here in a timely manner.

@Ajlipstick I will look into this for you and send you a PM. 

My order I've been waiting for 2 weeks now!! So frustrating!

Hi @adoseofpurple,

I will look into this then send you a PM.

Always,
Danee

Sorry, that is outrageous! USPS has had so many delays!! I am currently having issues with Lasership too. Sephora said my order would have arrived by now, but it still hasnt even been picked up by Lasership. I need it for my daughters bd tomorrow. I guess being Rouge doesnt matter to get orders in a timely manner either.

Same here. What is happening! Why is it my responsibility to track down my own packages. I have now went through the tedious process of filing a claim with the USPS just so I can try to find where my package is. Shouldn't Sephora take responsibility for tracking there orders? Instead I get an email saying that they will give me 10% off my next online purchase. NO THANK YOU! I will NEVER order anything from Sephora online again! Unless I want to wait over a month for it! 

Hi @yorksensation, @fairfieldct, and @ES12345,

I am very sorry for the trouble and I'll take a look in more detail. I'll send you a private message shortly.

Warm regards,

Laurie

Hi @AmandaLeeee,

I'm truly sorry for the delay receiving your order and for this experience! I will send you a PM in just a moment.

Always,
Danee

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 12.52.07 AM.png
testing