cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Washing product out

Hi,

I have extremely thick curly, 4a hair and it is waist length. I absolutely love my hair but it is a STRUGGLE to wash. It takes at least a hour to wash. It is absolutely impossible to get all of the product out. I rinse it until all of the shampoo bubbles are gone but I still feel it in my hair and when brushing my hair, the product buildup is noticeable. I have tried apple cider vinegar rinses, clarifying shampoos, balancing shampoos, curly hair shampoos and nothing works. It doesnt help that I have extreme sensory issues and cannot stand the feeling of product in my hair. It gets sticky and so uncomfortable. Does anyone have any tips, tricks, or product recommendations for me? Anything is appreciated. 

Re: Washing product out

I also have 4a thick hair (which takes 1-2 hours to wash) so I know your pain! It seems like your main issue is a failure to properly wash products out of your hair. This is a very common problem for people with thick hair. My tips would be to create a more involved shampooing process. Try to follow the shampooing routine below: 

-Get your hair VERY wet

-Divide your hair into four or more section

-Apply a clarifying (but not completely stripping) shampoo to one section, on THE SCALP AND ROOTS (my fave clarifying shampoos will be linked 

-Massage it through your hair and scrub your scalp with your fingers. 

-Use the prayer hands method to distribute the shampoo through your hair strands

-Twist up the section, clip it away, and repeat throuought all the sections

-Once all sections have been shampooed, untwist the sections and wash them all out, which will help distribute the shampoo even more

Hope that helps!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing