cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|
Anonymous Insider

Oil is a savior?

I have super super curly hair. I’m talking lion mane volume with curls that are a mix of tight and loose curls. I straighten it a lot mainly because I play sports or just simply don’t like how my curls look. So, I’ve been trying to breathe some life back into my damaged hair by using oils like moroccan, keratin, and argan. I think it’s been helping because my hair is noticeably softer, but I’m honestly not so sure. Should I caution with using so many oils or will oils actually help heal my hair?  

Re: Oil is a savior?

@Anonymous Oils can help your hair appear more supple, but nothing can truly "heal" hair.  As long as your keep your expectations realistic, then you should be fine.  Many oils have a lot of silicones in them, so you may wish to keep that in mind.  I personally haven't experienced problems with cones, but some people report that they build up.  If that happens to you, simply skip the cones for a couple washes, or use a gentle clarifying shampoo like Neutrogena T-Gel.  The only hair oil I personally know of that isn't loaded with cones is Josie Maran Argan Oil.  Best of luck!

Re: Oil is a savior?

@Anonymous oils are actually really good for your hair! I love using Moroccan oil or Bumble and Bumble oil on my hair when it’s both wet and dry to help keep it moisturized.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing