Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Hi guys !!๐Ÿ’‹

Iโ€™m new to this whole thing and I was just wondering if any of you guys know of any hair products you think would work in my hair...I have medium length hair itโ€™s about to my shoulders or a little a longer and it just gets damaged easily and for some reason recently the product Ihave tried havenโ€™t been working. I was using an herbal essence moose fora while but that tended to make my hair SUPERRR crunchy and I also tried the diva curl cream which worked the first few times I used it then Ijust made my hair way more voluminous when I like my hair the way it is; it also started making my hair kind of sticky from the creme as well. Sorry this is so long but I just wanna find something that is good for me and something I can keep going to !! Also wanna know if for curly hair if itโ€™s a good investment to get a diffuser ๐Ÿ˜ฌ thanks for whoeverthat reads this ! Iโ€™ve also attached some pictures of myself so you guyscan get a look of the type of curls i have and how crunchy and unhealthy it looks !! Embarrassing ๐Ÿ˜– ALSO MY HAIR IS REALLY THIN !!

Re: Hi guys !!๐Ÿ’‹

I'm going to start off by saying that I'm no expert either. I'm still working on finding what works for my hair as well. What you will find is that what works for one may not work for another due to the different types of hair/curls/texture/processing, etc. I have super fine hair but mine is wavy to curls. I have 2b/2c with some 3a hair along the neck. It's crazy. And my hair soaks up water so I can't moisturize much or it gets really weighted down. What I have found helpful is to use the microfiber towel but not to be rough with your hair. Like the other reply said, it messes with the cuticle and will cause frizz. I use a diffuser religiously. My hair dries after about an hour or so but I really like how much more controlled it is when I diffuse it. You need products that are silicone free. Naturallycurly.com is a great resource. I use DivaCurl products and Redken products right now. I've tried some of Miss Jessie's line but so far that has been too heavy for my hair. I'm really liking the Redken Curvaceous and Ringlet right now. Shea Moisture is pretty good too. You just have to start getting some products and experiment. It's definitely a marathon, not a sprint. It can take a while to get your hair to the point you love it but it is well worth it. Talk to a salon expert in curly hair to help you get started. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Re: Hi guys !!๐Ÿ’‹

@curlyhairedariUnidentified I have thick curls. Also check out the subreddit r/curlyhair on reddit - the sidebar is full of info links and product suggestions.

Every now and then, since I have hard water, I clarify with Redken cream shampoo. Wash only 2x week. Microfiber towel to blot. No brushes, no cotton, keep hands off - roughs up hair cuticle. Hydrating treatment at times, started with a salon one then home maintenance with Redken bonder used pre shampoo.

Bumble and bumble hairdressers invisible oil line, oil doesn't sit on hair. Bumble and bumble curl creme, Ouidad heat/humidity gel, Matrix curl gel..none of those have caused the crunchies. Application method also helps: try not to disrupt the natural curl pattern, even when washing; scrunch/condish; plopping; shake/rake to apply products; applying products on soaking hair then blot/plop. 

Diffuser, they work, but I don't use heat often. Instead of my hair taking literally days to air dry, microfiber has cut it down to mostly dry the same day..I'm also in an arid climate.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos4
testing