Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Hair treatments??

What is a reasonable priced hair treatment I can do for my hair to keep it curly and not so much frizz?

Re: Hair treatments??

Hi! If you’re looking for a reasonable price and affordable product I would recommend some by sheamoisture or not your mothers or Camille rose naturals. Regarding Sheamoisture I would recommend The Raw Shea butter or the brown jar Manuka honey or the virgin coconut oil mask. From not your mothers I would try the Matcha butter mask. Then for Camille rose naturals I would try the algae mask. These are all great options but you know depends on what you’re looking for it to do and other preference you have.

Re: Hair treatments??

Hi @natsmith !  Everyone's hair is different, but I have found a few products that work for me.  I have curly, dry, frizzy, damaged hair. 🙂 

I use a conditioning wash, by Briogeo

I also suspect that  Kiehl's Since 1851 Nourishing Olive Fruit Oil Shampoo 8.4 oz/ 250 mL , Kiehl's Since 1851 Nourishing Olive Fruit Oil Conditioner 6.8 oz/ 200 mL would also work well instead of the conditioning wash, since I use this line's hair mask as an everyday conditioner and it's wonderful.

I follow the conditioning wash with Kiehl's Since 1851 Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak 8.4 oz/ 250 mL .

After my hair is towel-dried, I spray it with COLOR WOW Dream Coat Supernatural Spray Anti-Frizz Treatment 6.7 oz/ 200 mL (which also comes in a mini size for sale.)  The directions say to use heat to activate this, but I didn't like the results as it smoothed my hair instead of giving me my curls.  So I let my hair air dry and it worked really well.  For me, it also helped it not get frizzy during a hot, rainy day.

Not everyone here on BIC has had a good experience with the Color Wow spray, so it's great that they offer a small bottle for purchase to try it out.

Here's a link to a thread for people with curly hair; you'll probably find a lot of great suggestions there: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Curls-Coils/Ride-the-WAVE-with-me/m-p/4325979#M40

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing