cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Group Update Announcement: Curls & Coils

curlsandcoils.jpg

Introducing… Curls & Coils! Yes, the group formerly known as "Curly Hair" has undergone a makeover to emphasize that this is a safe space to embrace all ends of the curl spectrum, whether you've got ringlets, zig-zags, corkscrews, waves, coils, or somewhere in between.

We're all about curl power, and while the original Curly Hair group was meant to foster conversations around *all* kinds of curls, we realize that depending on your hair's texture or pattern, not everyone identifies with the term "curly." And we recognize different curl patterns require very different care! With Curls & Coils, we look forward to a Community space that's more inclusive and welcoming of the many unique hair patterns that fall in the diverse range of curly to coily (and beyond!), and we can't wait to read all about your tips, tricks, advice, and product recs.

Leave a reply here sharing your favorite product that your hair is currently loving right now, and don't forget to join this group (if you haven't already) from the Groups homepage.

Re: Group Update Announcement: Curls & Coils

What are you favorite hair masks? 

I *just* noticed that the title was changed. I am glad that Sephora has made the title more appropriate and inclusive.

@SephoraBIC Right now I'm loving my Living Proof No Frizz Humidity Shield 5.5 oz .  I always keep several on hand, and just this morning I was thinking about replenishing my stock.

I'm also enjoying my Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm.  While I'm looking into a hair mask, I have increased appreciation for how well this has been working for me.  

@greeneyedgirl107 Im always looking for new products for the frizz!

Products I love: Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!, DevaCurl Volumizing Mousse, and others not available at Sephora

Looking for suggestions for: keeping gray 3A curls hydrated rather than frizzy in summer

Hello, fellow 3A-er! I have thick 3A hair that is SUFFERING from a combo of coloring and the heat! MoroccanOil products, particularly the original treatment, are my daily go-to, but DevaCurl Matcha Butter mask is FANTASTIC for a once-weekly surge of moisture. Also worth trying isIGK Antisocial Leave-In Dry Hair Mask 5 oz/ 187 mL; it's an overnight dry mask that I find helps cut down on frizz between washes. Since my hair is platinum, I will mix a little IGK Mixed Feelings Purple Leave-In Blonde Toning Drops 1 oz/ 30 mL with the MoroccanOil to help counter the natural amber color of the oil. This might be worth a shot for you to as well, depending on the shade of grey you have.

Hope all this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 39 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos1
  • curlsandcoils.jpg
testing