Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Dandruff and Curly Hair

So I know this has been asked a million times, but I need a shampoo or treatment (even an oil!) that will help my dandruff. It’s extremely overwhelming and hardens on my scalp so I have to scratch it for literal hours to get a clear scalp. Like I can make piles of it because of how much is on my head. Even if it’s not a product, does anyone have any advice or life savers? I think I should also mention I have dry, curly, frizzy hair. So if possible, nothing that will dry my hair out more. I’m looking for something that won’t break the bank either. 

Re: Dandruff and Curly Hair

Absolutely love Verb Ghost shampoo, and when I get a really dry scalp I use the DpHue apple cidre vinegar hair rinse. Both of these products are gentle to the scalp. The verb ghost shampoo is super gentle and is clean, safe product!

Hey! For shampoo/cleanser, I recommend using Sunday Riley clean rinse, and I personally use VERB conditioner + Moroccan oil curl creams. My curls have never looked better. Plus my dry scalp has essentially been cured with the clean rinse. 

I too suffer from dandruff and have 4c hair, I've been recently introduce to this product by head and shoulders it's called head and shoulders royal oils it comes in a beautiful blue and gold bottles. I've only been using it for about a month but I've seen a really change in my dandruff. 

I've been treating my scalp with a combo of mustard oil, tea tree oil and coconut oil.  I let it sit for hours then wash it out.  I've been using a scalp brush as well.  I used to hold off on hair washing (because my stylist used to tell me not to wash my curly, dyed hair so often).  Well, I had to change that since the pandemic, for some reason. I'm not washing my scalp way more often (hair less) but at least doing a scalp cleanse.  Apple cider vinegar also works.  Also, I've noticed that using a humidifier in my room has helped with dryness on not just my hair but skin and eyes (I have dry eyes).  

Have you tried using a scalp brush (they're also referred to as shampoo brushes or dandruff brushes)?

It helps remove flakes and product build-up, but also helps the shampoo (or dandruff treatment) get down to the scalp.

Yes!! I recently got one and it has most definitely helped. Thank you!!!!

I had the same issues with my hair. Tbh the things that helped the most was using the teatree shampoo. I also got a really good medicated shampoo from my dermatologist so I suggest seeing one. It has worked wonders and I also got an oil treatment from him. For the dry issue I really love using Pacifica's Coconut pro strong and long creamy oil mask, that comes in a mini right now on their website you can buy 3 and get a fourth free in travel size and there only 2.50 each. I love this because a little goes a long way, its a great hair mask and i don't use it on my scalp so it doesn't contribute to product build up or make my dandruff worse. 

Thank you so much 

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing