Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils

Curl product help!!

Hi curlies!! I need help with new hair products. I have random curls in my hair that are a mix of 2c/3a/3b and low porosity/fine. I'm so overwhelmed where to start or how to figure out that right products. I have a dry scalp, too. Any suggestions?

RE: Curl product help!!

It’s a TON of trial and error and can be SUPER overwhelming because there’s soooo many products. A few brand recommendations though: Shea moisture, Miss Jessie’s, mixed chicks, and kinky curl! There all target/drug store brands but I have tried EVERY brand you could ever possible imagine. And these have worked best for me! AVEDA also has some amazing curl enhancing products that can encourage your curls to curl more if that’s the look your going for. MY HOLY GRAIL products have been: Jelly Soft curls by miss Jessie’s, Mixed chicks leave-in conditioner, Shea moisture coconut and hibiscus curl and style milk, Shea moisture Coconut and Hibiscus curl enhancing smoothie, and any Shea Moisture “repair and restore” products! They also make the BEST hair mask I’ve ever used. My BEST Tips: Do NOT use towels to dry your hair, get a diffuser or air dry, RAKE your leave-in and SCRUNCH your styling products, use a light gel, invest in a WET brush comb or Pic instead of a normal brush, DEEP CONDITION, put product in while your hair is SOAKING wet, and make sure you clean your scalp to keep from product buildup! Also with Fine curls make sure you use lighter products to keep your curls from falling out! Also STOP using Deavacurl- they are facing TONS of lawsuits and scandal right now make sure you read about it BEFORE using products.
Anonymous Insider

bounce curl has lots of products w different moisture levels, their creme gel is my favorite

Yes! I love using Curl Smith Scalp Line products! They’ve really helped with treating my scalp not feeling dry or itchy, great growth progress and it smells soo good! Hope this helps!😊

I just purchased the protein rinse and scalp treatment. I didn’t really like the cream as a every day uses but I use it as a mask under a cap and a hot towel.

Re: RE: Curl product help!!

@Ponos where do you buy Curl Smith? Struggling to find it in Canada 😞

Re: RE: Curl product help!!

Hi,

I just placed an order for some of the Curlsmith products. You can go to their website at curlsmith.com or Ulta's website. I exactly bought Curlsmith's Full Lengths Density Elixir and just started to use it about 2 days ago. So we'll see if it can exactly promote some hair growth to give the volume I'm looking for. My hair is also fine, and I'm not sure what my porosity is quite honestly. My hair I would say would be 2C-3A with oily roots and drier ends. Since I've been trying the CG Method for the past two weeks I have noticed that my hair is less oily in the roots on the second day and that using a leave in conditioner after my shower seems to make my hair softer. I also have started to use a deep conditioner to return the moisture that my hair craves. Oddly enough I don't ever blow dry my hair unless it's when I cut my hair which is once a year. The shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner/mask, leave in conditioner are all products bought at Walgreens and Target. I did buy my Curlsmith hair kit from their website and a Light Creme Gel from a popular line called Bounce Curl from their website as well. Don't get me wrong I love my IGK and Moroccanoil products for styling but I'm going to try these other brands to achieve my goal of growth and volume. Sorry for such a long answer. I hope this is somewhat helpful.

Yes!! I have a similar hair type, I’m 3A/3B. I strongly suggest LUS. I only use their “Step 3” product for curls. ☺️ Hope this helps!
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
testing