Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Foundation

Hi all, I just bought the Tarte Amazonian clay full coverage foundation. When putting it on, I noticed that it was drying my skin out even though I used a primer and also a moisturizer after washing my face. Has this happened to anyone else?

Re: Foundation

@bball3316 I can’t speak on the tatcha because I haven’t tried it, but I second @RebeccaBT suggestion of the Laura Mercier hydrating primer! It feels like the face/foundation equivalent of putting a touch of balm under a matte liquid lip - makes foundation so much more comfortable to wear, and won’t cake up or anything! I like all of the Laura Mercier primers, can’t go wrong with any of them! (My fave is the luminous one, but definitely go for the hydrating one because dryness is your concern)

Hi @bball3316,

I suggest using a very hydrating primer and setting spray with this foundation. I recommend the LAURA MERCIER - Foundation Primer - Hydratingwith the Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist 1.35 oz/ 40 mL. I have found when paired with these items, the TARTE - Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15 wears great! 

Best,
Rebecca 

yes. not a good foundation!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing