Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Fair Skincare and Makeup for Cruise

I’m going on a Caribbean cruise and I’m looking for some recommendations for skincare and makeup that will do well with the sun, wind, and being a fair, freckly redhead with sensitive skin! I’m thinking high moisture, low oil?

Re: Fair Skincare and Makeup for Cruise

@kadyanne I know I'm late at responding to this thread but I hope you had a blast on your cruise 🛥 

I recently went on a Caribbean cruise and found that my most reached for item was the Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Primer Sunscreen SPF 35. I used this as primer base and honestly do this outside of vacationing in hotter climates. I also used it as my face sunscreen throughout my trip and despite the SPF 35 I did not get burned (but did get a little bit of color). My skin is also very pale (with a neutral/pink leaning undertone) and I have some light natural freckles. I find that this is super lightweight therefore in humid climates you don't "sweat it out" which can be common with other sunscreens. Unfortunately, this is no longer available on the Sephora site but still available on Tatcha direct. 

As for the makeup I can't be too much help because for the most part I skipped it while out/about on the ports and stuck to mostly glamming up for the events and dinners on the boat. 

Re: Fair Skincare and Makeup for Cruise

@kadyanne @Definitely a good spf! I like Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ - it’s great because you can use it as primer too. 

I think the MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush is great for super quick and casual makeup. Just a lovely little flush! 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing