Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Concealer

How do I choose a concealer ? I’m just starting to wear make up I got the foundation matched at the store but I want to order concealer.

Re: Concealer

Hi @Nickie44. It depends on what your goal is. If you want to cover up blemishes, a concealer that is the same shade as your foundation would work best. If you want to bright up certain areas or use it to help contour, a shade or two lighter would be better. Are you able to head back to a store? It’s much easier speaking with someone and swatching them on yourself. You’ll get to see how it compares to your foundation and skin tone and also if you like the feel of formula in your skin. 

What foundation did you pick and what color did they match you in? 

Make up forever 4n68

Make up forever 4N68 I have a lot  of dark spots on my face also.

Okay it looks like the shade finder is only available on foundations but not concealers at this point. Are you using hd?

if you use the corresponding concealer for hd, I would guess (and I would be guessing since I can’t see you or color match on your skin) that you’d be either 50 or 53 based on the foundation you listed. (And that also depends on where you’re hoping to use it.) If you’re close to a store go in and have them teach you how to do it- it will make a huge difference for any learning curve with concealer specific to your needs. Otherwise you’ll probably have a fair amount of trial and error at home with ordering. ❤️

Makeup forever is a great brand! The other commenter is giving good advice- you’ll want a different concealer for dark spots than you would for under eyes. (And maybe a color corrector depending on what level of coverage you’re hoping for.) Did they let you know what color iq number you are? 

You can also do a reverse look up for what they’d recommend for concealer I believe based on what you matched with for foundation. Let me see if I can figure it out on the app and I’ll send directions 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing