Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

“Tacky” feeling skin

Hello all! I’ve got decent combination skin, sometimes I’ll be more dry then oily, thanks Texas 😘. So I purchased the belif moisturizer, was recommended to me from a Sephora employee. It really does hydrate my face! My nose does still peel, but soo not as much as it used to. My problem now is after I use my moisturizer my face feels “tacky” and looks dewy... then put a full face of makeup on.. I can literally just touch my face and practically leave my finger print behind. I don’t know if the moisturizer isn’t a good one for my skin, or its the makeup I’ve been using.

Re: “Tacky” feeling skin

@Stephanie1322 which belif moisturizer? Are you allowing belif to dry down, may need a few minutes, before makeup? If you're applying right after cleansing with warm water, you may need to wait a bit instead, so the skin can absorb it better, then apply makeup on a cool temperature face - rather than still humid. You may be applying too much product as well. There's also silicone in their popular moisturizers which could be contributing, as silicone acts as a barrier and may be working against your makeup.

What exact makeup are you using, primer and/or foundation?

Re: “Tacky” feeling skin

hi! I recommend using that moisturizer only at night and getting a primer that is hydrating but meat for before makeup.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing