From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Combination Skin

Combination Skin

• 74861 Members
  • 2965 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

A place for our combination skin beauties to share their top tips, tricks, and product recommendations for managing skin that is both oily and dry.

A place for our combination skin beauties to share their top tips, tricks, and product recommendations for managing skin that is both oily and dry.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Combination Skin
Oily T-Zone best setting powder
|
Re: Oily T-Zone best setting powder
BOSS V INSIDER
Reply: @gonerogue do you ever wear the primer without face makeup? ...read more
@gonerogue do you ever wear the primer without face makeup?
Newcomer
|
Re: Newcomer
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: @caitbird @I thought about buying the elf holy hydration set to try out for about a week or so just to see. I saw I can get the se ...read more
@caitbird @I thought about buying the elf holy hydration set to try out for about a week or so just to see. I saw I can get the set for like 19.99 it's minis but wouldn't hurt to try
New Post in Combination Skin
Glow recipe
If you have combination skin the fruit babies set from glow recipe is for you.
If you have combination skin the fruit babies set from glow recipe is for you.
Setting Powder
|
Re: Setting Powder
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @SumerV @Is your skincare routine catered to your skin type? What setting powder are you using? ...read more
@SumerV @Is your skincare routine catered to your skin type? What setting powder are you using?
Huda beauty foundation
Hiiii! Anyone here try the new huda beauty foundation to cover up dark spots? I hear the foundation is medium coverage but i also ...read more
Hiiii! Anyone here try the new huda beauty foundation to cover up dark spots? I hear the foundation is medium coverage but i also hear it’s light coverage.. anyone try it yet?
Help !!
|
Re: Help !!
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Thank you love!
Thank you love!
Next color darker 3C1 estee lauder
I want to try one shade darker but the chart is confusing. What color is one shade darker than 3C1
I want to try one shade darker but the chart is confusing. What color is one shade darker than 3C1
Foundation separates really badly on my oily/combo skin
|
Re: Foundation separates really badly on my oily/combo skin
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Hey I don’t know if you’ll see this since you posted a while ago but I have the sweatiest skin on the planet. I go into Sephora an ...read more
Hey I don’t know if you’ll see this since you posted a while ago but I have the sweatiest skin on the planet. I go into Sephora and other stores and I’m like I sweat a lot and my makeup separates and every person shows me something different .. a while back I was in the store and went to the Estée Lauder section to try their primer the lady asked if I needed help and I said I’d walk around and come back. So 5 mins later I came back. Mind you all I did was go and look at other stuff I wasn’t running around.. I go back about 5 minutes later and she looked at me and was like your face is like that just from walking around the store? And I was like ya! I’m not kidding. I understand people say they’re oily/sweaty but some of us have it bad! She recommended it cosmetics bye bye pores translucent powder. I tried that on and sweat it off in 5 mins . I’m going back to what I used to do because it didn’t melt off completely or leave me patchy like the things I’ve been trying now does. For skincare I use OIL FREE moisturizer (Tatcha water cream) then the secure the sweat primer by one size but you have to follow the directions . I SWEAR by Estée Lauder double wear foundation. It is my holy grail. I still use both cream and powder blush and bronzer cream blush - Juvias place cream bronzer/contour LYS contour stick powder blush - Nyx butter blush powder bronzer - Rimmel or benefit hoola- my cheeks do NOTTTTTTTTT move. And I use bare minerals for setting powder or Kim chi puff puff pass and then spray myself down with elf all nighter (I think that’s what it’s called it’s light green) or urban decay and then one size on till dawn. When I started to spray in between layers is when things got messy. Hope this helps!!
Recent images from this conversation
Makeup doesn’t sit nicely
I've been really struggling with my makeup and can't figure out why it looks so gunky add gross after a couple of hours. When I ap ...read more
I've been really struggling with my makeup and can't figure out why it looks so gunky add gross after a couple of hours. When I apply it, it's like an airbrush finish but then by mid day it looks terrible. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone and normal skin the rest of my face. This is my current routine: AM Prep- wash with St. Ives Clarifying Green Tea cleanser- Twice a week I will use Nutrogena Pink Grapefruit Exfoliating Scrib with 2% Salicylic Acid- apply Finacea (15% Azelaic acid)- apply Neutrogena Hydro Boost Face Moisturizer Makeup Routine:- Sephora Collection Mattify+Refine primer on nose and upper lip area- Rare Beauty primer on rest of face- IT Cosmetics CC Cream- Set with Morphe setting powder- finish with Anastasia Dewy Set setting spray PM routine:- cleanse with e.l.f Holy Hydration cleanser- Ordinary's Hyaluronic Acid- Ordinary's Niacinamide - Finacea- Finish with the Ordinary's Natural Moisturizing Factors+HA I started the Azelic acid 2 months ago to help with redness and texture but have seen zero improvement with either. Before starting it I would use the Hyaluronic serum in the am before the moisturizer but since stopped because it caused the Finacea to pill. I also notice that the PM routine, no matter how much time I leave between products, they don't seem to combine well. They pill on my face, especially the Finacea. I'm feeling very defeated as I've spent so much time and money working on my skin routine to get a good base and my make up still looks gross.   
  • 20240830_130343.jpg
Foundation for combo skin that’s medium coverage?
I have combination skin that can be shiny and a bit oily when having a break out, but is also dry and patchy around the nose, chin ...read more
I have combination skin that can be shiny and a bit oily when having a break out, but is also dry and patchy around the nose, chin and mouth. I am looking for a medium coverage foundation that will hold up for a full office workday without sliding off, but won’t look caked on showing all the lines and acne scars after an hour or so. I love the Givenchy Prisme Libre Skin-Caring Glow Foundation but it’s too dewy for my skin and starts breaking up on my skin halfway through the day. I also used to useCLINIQUE Even Better™ Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Foundation but that didn’t have enough coverage and showed my sight pink hues through. I was recently hoodwinked into buying the Urban Decay Face Bond Self Setting Waterproof Foundation by a sweet employee. I told her I was looking for something with a little more coverage that wouldn’t be too drying. She went right to this and said it was amazing blah blah blah. The color was perfect and I let her talk me into it, but the few times I’ve worn it my face has felt like it’s wearing a mask. It dries weird and still needs a setting powder even though it’s “self setting” which makes it more value than it i I need help. What are your suggestions for a good medium coverage foundation for combo skin? I’ve been trying so many that just don’t work. TIA
8,947 Posts