Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

Foundation in summer a disaster!

Hey Make-up lovers! 

Need your help. I have tried a few foundations now (most recently Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk) and as the summer gets more humid I am getting super greasy midday. Despite the grease, the foundation still gives off a patchy, cakey, dry look! I'm at my wit's end because I am using a primer and setting powder. I've even tried adding a setting mist. It still greases up mid-day. Problemo is I don't think a matte foundation would flatter me (due to skin texture and acne-prone skin).

My skin is normally dry (fall, winter, spring = needs major hydration). Do you have any recommendations?

Re: Foundation in summer a disaster!

@nikarina,

I also recommend switching up your setting powder. I recently started using theSEPHORA COLLECTION Matte Perfection Powder Foundation and it works well at setting foundation and keeps me shine free for longer. It also comes in a wide variety of shades, please let me know if you help with shade matching!

https://www.sephora.com/product/matte-perfection-powder-foundation-P408606?skuId=1787589&icid2=produ...

❤️ Melissa

Re: Foundation in summer a disaster!

@nikarina There are times in the year when I need to forego setting powder because it seems to mess up my foundation and makes it look dry and textured. Instead, I skip right to a nice bronzer or highlighter (my favourites are Stila Heaven’s Hue in shades Kitten and Bronze) and then I spray my face thoroughly with Urban Decay All-Nighter setting spray. The result is a glowy face that stays fresh all day. 

8C163CF4-1AE1-4314-801F-7BB8DCBDA42E.jpeg

However, if your foundation is sliding around and breaking up as well, you may want to review your prepping game. Using an oil-control cleanser, moisturizer, and toner can reduce the amount of oil your skin produces, for example. One of my favourites is Ole Henriksen’s oil control set:

4F3EF8AA-78FC-4418-8DB6-EDCABEC1B213.jpeg

I’ve also heard that some people will set their makeup between steps to lock everything in place. I’ve only ever tried that with my eyeshadow, but the result was excellent. 

Good luck ☺️

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos2
  • 4F3EF8AA-78FC-4418-8DB6-EDCABEC1B213.jpeg
  • 8C163CF4-1AE1-4314-801F-7BB8DCBDA42E.jpeg
testing