Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Valentino Beauty Thread

Now that Valentino beauty products are popping up on the Sephora website and app, we thought it would be a good time to start a thread dedicated to the brand. Please share your swatches and thoughts on the products here!

754F0A59-BF26-4699-98A9-107B89D06B7B.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Re: The Valentino Beauty Thread

@Sunnysmom I've seen really good reviews of the lipsticks on YT.  I hope you love them! The colors look perfect for you.  I just purchased another Tom Ford lipstick, two in two months, so I need to try not to buy more.  I do have some saved in my loves list for later.

So far I really do like these @curlychiquita . I need to watch some of those , good idea. Youโ€™re so disciplined! Teach me your ways! Love those TF. ๐Ÿ˜˜

@Sunnysmom   How did you know I was looking at these? Did you see my cart? ๐Ÿ˜‚

I knew you would love Nightfall Rebel. It looks like Rosso Valentino and Sensual Red are kind of wine-colored; is that accurate?

Thanks for these; it may push me to order!

Ha @Ispend2much6 apparently! ๐Ÿ˜‚ This pic looks darker for some reason. But oh my goodness I think I put the colors out of order on the list! Forgive! ๐Ÿ˜ฑIโ€™ll edit them quickly. 
22 is a cool but neutral brighter true red. Sensuous 213 is a deeper red tho yes. 
So it goes 300, 22, 213, 212, 221, 223! 
I may need to redo pic in brighter lighting. 
Subtle differences in some of these rascals. 
The pinks are pretty also from what I saw at Bloomies. ๐Ÿ’ž

@Sunnysmom  So that means I like Red Show and Lyrical Red, the bottom two on your arm?  I'm having a bad brain day and I want to make sure- thanks!

EDIT @Ispend2much6 !!  SOโ€ฆ. 223 Lyrical is the bottom burgundy in the 6 lip group not 4 and itโ€™s cool not warm!! My feeble brain got it mixed up with 217 Ethereal in the other 4 group! ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ oooof Iโ€™m so sorry! I know you figured it probably it out tho. It was nagging at me in my brain earlier because I didnโ€™t think youโ€™d want the warmer one! ๐Ÿ™ƒ Or did you?! Too much cooking, holiday gifts, etc etc going on in this old old noggin! Forgive! This group has given me such trouble keeping them all straight and I thought I had issues with Chanel. Lol. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I hear you @Ispend2much6 , me too every day I think! Yes those are the 2 bottom shades in the 4 group ๐Ÿ˜Š. Lyrical is quite rusty or warmer tho. If thatโ€™s what you want then yes! ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Thanks for the tag, @Sunnysmom ! Your swatches are very helpful. Nightfall Rebel looks much more red violet in your photo than it does in the brand's product photos, so now I'm drawn to it. I wish refills were currently available in each shade Sephora carries: I'd have no problem buying just a refill without the full case to save some money. I assume the refills come with simple caps...? 

If I'm going to buy a shade with the refillable case, it'll probably be 206R Red My Lips since it's a shade of red I don't have too much of, unlike every other shade of red. ๐Ÿ˜„ (I'm still trying to declutter my reds.) I need to see it in person though, so I'll visit Nordstrom. Might end up using Nordy Notes instead of the Sephora 20% discount to get it. I considered Stellar Note but upon close photo inspection, it looks sheerer than I hoped for. I'd have to always wear it over a base coat of something. 

Your Eye2Cheek shades look very nice! 

I know we had discussed these when they came out so wanted to just show you even tho I know youโ€™ve been good in going through your reds @WinglessOne ! Inspiration. I. Must. Do. ๐Ÿ™ƒ 

Yup just the basic caps on refills. Red and at least kind of decent vs some others. I did not want to buy any more of the regular case either. Nope.  Agree on the refill shades!  I ended up getting some from diff spots to get as well. Grr. Lucky you to have it at your Nordies. I guess mine is getting them soon I hope but Bloomies has such a huge presence for them Iโ€™m kind of surprised. Lol. 

Will be curious to hear your thoughts. Hope my swatches prove true for you too. Reds can be so strange to take an accurate pic I think! I was surprised on how some looked in real life vs what I had thought! 206 looks so good. 

Hereโ€™s the cap. Should have included it. 

44B23100-0558-4E78-8FDD-28DAC2D1D29B.jpeg

Thanks for the cap photo, @Sunnysmom ! I like that it's red, too. ๐Ÿ™‚ I keep forgetting to check my local Bloomies for things... I'm too used to stopping by Nordstrom. 

And haha, I haven't been all that good at sifting through my reds. I've been trying to declutter them since 2018. I'd say it's a long painful process but I don't wanna discourage you from paring down your own reds if you really wanna do it, so... um... yeah, it's just that I keep getting distracted, that must be the reason I still haven't narrowed down my reds! ๐Ÿคฃ And of course it's not like I've continued buying more reds while trying to declutter, noooo, not me, that'd be terribly irresponsible... ๐Ÿคช

Oh how I can totally relate to all you say @WinglessOne ! I think our effort is worth something tho and itโ€™s all baby steps ! The trick is just to not reward ourselves tooo much with adding new! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ 
I found a few at NM also besides Bloomies by the way. 

A study in reds, indeed @Sunnysmom! โ™ฅ๏ธ And a beautiful one at that. ๐Ÿ˜ That actually sounds like it would / could be a great title or subject for a class, or masterclass. Credit to you Sunnysmom! Those swatches make a couple of those lippies look even more tempting. Thank you for the tag and swatches.

Aww thank you @itsfi ! I kept trying to just order a few and they looked so similar and tempting I had to do it. Lol. That is a good idea for a title! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I know youโ€™re more inclined to the lighter shades and I bet they are just as gorgeous.๐Ÿฅฐ

thanks for the tag and the info @Sunnysmom that 217R is stunning. Glad youโ€™re enjoying all the stuff you picked up!

It was fun @makeitup305 . I can see a lot of you guys liking 217! I was surprised I liked this line this much. I figured eh another line coming from a designer etc but the products are actually well thought out I think. And perform well too! 

@Sunnysmom I thought so, too. I wasnโ€™t much drawn to Byredo or Hermes but this seems a little more trendy maybe? 

I dunno @makeitup305 maybe , tho Valentino is such an old established fashion house you know? Byredo shades seem trendier to me and Hermes is just itโ€™s own wacky thing ๐Ÿ˜†- a little of this and that , old school with a twist?! 

Valentino is known for bright elegant pieces (red) but it seems like they have def looked to energize and target a younger audience too so youโ€™re probably right! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@Sunnysmom i think Byredo and Hermes went for a more artistic / minimalist vibe and Gucci more retro / classic, but Valentino seems more fun and approachable despite the price tag.

That sounds perfect @makeitup305 ! ๐Ÿฅฐ

Great info, @Sunnysmom !  I love 217R!  ๐Ÿฅฐ

Are you getting anything @Titian06 ?! ๐Ÿ’ž

@Sunnysmom - Lipsticks 209A and 219A are on my Loves list.  I'm also looking at the foundation, but there are a lot of comments about the fragrance and I'm scent sensitive.  

Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • 754F0A59-BF26-4699-98A9-107B89D06B7B.jpeg
  • F9BD03A2-05C3-42AF-BEC6-806C529BA5DB.jpeg
  • 2101A56E-BA4F-444F-997F-D35C49A50B38.jpeg
  • 0D9D8873-8E94-44CA-84B7-664BEFADD752.jpeg
  • AD199162-41AD-475D-BA9C-CA7AB1CFE237.jpeg
  • D6551586-2503-48C6-B6ED-925A5BAD3A43.jpeg
  • F230BF01-F60C-4366-8274-EC7FF6E024A0.jpeg
  • A79154A4-1F23-4B66-BB62-E4A9A4C61EDF.jpeg
  • A74E755B-C657-4C4C-B123-E0BB0781B7EA.jpeg
  • 44B23100-0558-4E78-8FDD-28DAC2D1D29B.jpeg