Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Trader Joe’s Thread

I know we have threads dedicated to specific beauty brands but I didn’t really see one dedicated or updated for all things Trader Joe’s. It could be beauty, skincare, haircare, household or grocery items. Post your finds here so others could be on a lookout of what to find or is newly released at their local store. It could also be something you think people should try. Their beauty section is so underrated and most people don’t even know they have a beauty aisle.  Their candles and seasonal items are amazing and they always have unique snacks. 

3B345CA4-232B-421D-A43C-C773C60F9485.jpeg

Re: The Trader Joe’s Thread

@Ispend2much6 You got all the seasonal goodies.  I got the Gingerbrread kit but am hiding it from the kiddos because they will want to do it now.

@SportyGirly125. I don't blame them. When they are constructed they make the kitchen smell so good!

@Ispend2much6 Did you get the Halloween one?  I was tempted but passed on it.

@SportyGirly125Yes, I did.  I bought it for my son; he's really sentimental and likes to do those because he loved them when he was younger.  And, let's be honest, he gets a huge cookie to eat by himself. 🙂  It was cute- the icing included to hold the pieces together was chocolate, as were the house parts.

All the wonderful Autumnal treats! Thanks for posting- Just the thing to inspire a trip to the local T-Jo's. I'd add 'Power Berries' (excellent version of Goobers n' Raisinettes). And a bottle of Tea Tree Shampoo ( .25 cents an ounce). 

@MvLL  I wonder if our store carries those power berries- they sound wonderful!  I did forget to pick up some of the frozen mashed sweet potatoes.  Sure sounds better than peeling and cutting sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving.

Christmas items are slowly arriving in store. 

BA1C2CBE-DA54-492F-B5A0-7451EBA71C35.jpeg

I'm starting to stock up for cold, damp weather.  I think this is a good start!  I haven't tried any of these yet, but I have a sneaking suspicion the espresso blend (regular one not decaf,) is actually Illy Caffe.

The Mexican coffee has such a wonderful scent- I can't wait to try it!

20211031_223536_HDR.jpg

Has anyone heard when the 12 days of beauty kits will be hitting the shelves?  

45B256FE-644A-49BD-986D-846A9202FF6A.jpeg

 12 Days of Beauty kits are hitting the shelves

Sorry for a second post, but I couldn't find how to post a spoiler in the app.  The kit contains the following

-Grapefruit ultra moisturizing hand cream 

-peel off charcoal face mask 

-hair mask

-cucumber green tea sugar scrub cube

-vitamin C serum 

-toasted marshmallow body butter 

-kombucha black tea cleansing oil

-winter citrus shampoo, conditioner, & body wash

-berry lip mask  (very large tube for small amount of product. I had to squeeze the tube up to the M in mask before any product would come out)

-frosted cranberry body butter

-chai shimmer body wash

-enrich spf 15 face lotion

@ragdoll4mom Awww I wish they would change it up more.  It has almost been all the same items every year except some of the scents may change.  I think last year the hand cream was citrus.

@SportyGirly125 I agree.  After all, variety is the spice of life.  I also wish they would release larger sizes of some of the products.  I really liked the clementine body butter in last year's kit.

@ragdoll4mom I asked on Monday when the holiday items were coming in.  They told me some have already started slowly arriving like the chocolate advent calendar and the hot cocoa items.  I went yesterday and only saw the chocolate advent calendars and hot cocoa.  I'm there once a week and am always on the look out for new items.  You can always ask one of the team members and they can check a sheet for you.  I always post on this thread The Trader Joe’s Thread 

EDIT:  I saw a bottle in the background and thought, "Who bought wine?"  Then I realized it was a chili oil (been in a spicy mood for awhile,) that expires soon.  Guess I'll have to make that Ottolenghi eggplant soup recipe that is very spicy.

The flyer went out today, and I hit the jackpot!  The store was soo crowded, I'm surprised I was able to get anything. 

20210920_190526_HDR.jpg

The spoon was used to sample the Pumpkin Spice Hummus.  It's really sweet, but only 10 grams total carbs for 2 TB.  It also has a bit of a spicy kick afterwards; must be the ginger.

Spiced Chai Tea bags

Cinnamon Bun Spread

Autumn Maple Coffee

Acorn squash

Delicata squash

Murasaki sweet potatoes

Spiced Chai concentrate

Haunted House Chocolate Cookie Kit

Dry Roasted Maple Almonds

Pumpkin Spice Hummus

Fresh Ginger

Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce

Non-Dairy Pumpkin Spice Oat Beverage (hope this works as a coffee creamer)

Sunflower High Oleic Acid oil

Chili Sesame Oil

Not pictured- pumpkin ice cream

One item not shown- frozen pucks of pureed sweet potatoes!  How convenient (I really don't like peeling them, or cutting them.)  I thought that would also work well for baby/toddler food.

Amazing goodies @Ispend2much6 ! I was there today also and it was just jammed with people! The tea was already gone, 😕. This all looks just delicious. I won’t lie the O and H pumpkin Kringle gave me pause but I held strong! Did you see it or isn’t it good.   (Hey on that note, if anybody spies the beloved candycane holiday tea please give me a tag?!  I suspect you will find it pronto when it shows up @Ispend2much6 @SportyGirly125 ! 🥰 I bought out the Sprouts version last year! 😂

@Sunnysmom  You were lucky getting the Candy Cane tea one year- could it have really been 2 years ago?  We had plenty of tea; I can pop in and get you some.

We all love those Kringles over here, but I missed getting the raspberry one, and I can't have nuts so the pumpkin didn't tempt me.  Now, I did have to try hard to walk past the cinnamon babka...

Thanks @Ispend2much6 , I have one more store to check but I still have a stockpile of the candy cane stuff so I prob don’t need to add pumpkin to it!! 😂 I’m def going to start looking very early for it once fall goodies are gone. Tho last year I barely set foot in a store to be honest so I’m not surprised ! Ugh. I’ll find it this year I’m sure! 😊Oh man yes raspberry is my very favorite too plus pecan. I usually order directly for family during holidays as it was an old well loved tradition in the Midwest and was so shocked and happy to see it at TJs. Bonus! 🥰

@Sunnysmom  At half the price too!

@Sunnysmom @Ispend2much6 I go in the mornings and it isn’t crowded at all. My store was restocking everything. They did sell out of the pumpkin body butter. 

I don’t think the candy cane holiday tea is out just yet since it’s a Christmas item. I have to look for it the next time I am there. 

Thanks @SportyGirly125 , yes I’m sure I get there in the thick of their busy times! Right, I meant I have to be on the lookout for the holiday tea once pumpkin theme is gone. 😊

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos275
  • 3B345CA4-232B-421D-A43C-C773C60F9485.jpeg
  • AD8148DD-72DE-455C-808E-1AA7726AF826.jpeg
  • 5528F782-7C89-494A-840B-C1F448668F13.jpeg
  • 162EAB03-9B62-43C0-8FE3-B9A0544DB3A1.jpeg
  • 7F4E44EC-40FA-4DCB-AC96-2852B8C84F9E.jpeg
  • D5E6C891-1D01-4E1F-91F8-15A179ABAEDD.jpeg
  • 68564AAD-AAB0-4B01-ACA7-00E64DB7970E.jpeg
  • BB9B917B-564A-4185-98BE-7431524E580F.jpeg
  • F2F21143-28A4-4400-B2E1-AE5A2F997D2D.jpeg