cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Tower 28 Beauty Thread

Clean, Vegan, Cruelty-free Beauty ❤️ 

I didn’t see a thread for this brand and they’re one of my favourites, so I wanted to create a thread where we can share product launches, Tower28 purchases and product tips+tricks!

Autumn / Winter 2023 

Tower 28 Beauty MakeWaves Lengthening + Volumizing Mascara Jet will now be available in a Brown shade named “Drift” 🤎🤎 

IMG_4007.jpeg

limited edition Tower 28 Beauty Jumbo SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray Refill 16 oz / 480 mL is back for the holidays! 

limited edition holiday launch 

featuring best-selling Tower 28 Beauty ShineOn Lip Jelly Non-Sticky Gloss Chill and limited edition Chestnut, inspired by Cookie Butter. So fitting for the holiday season! 

Tower 28 Beauty Lip Drip Cookie Butter Lip Gloss Set 

IMG_3573.jpeg

New Tower 28 Beauty Swipe All-Over Hydrating Serum Concealer 

IMG_3465.jpeg

Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Dream Hour 🩷

New Tower 28 Beauty SOS Daily Skin Barrier Redness Recovery Moisturizer 1.86 oz / 55 ml is now uploaded on the site but not yet available 

IMG_7200.jpeg

Re: The Tower 28 Beauty Thread

Good question @bakeamuffin! I wish I know more about the regulations around SPF ingredients. All I know is Heath Canada does have a say in some of the cosmetics on our shelves while the FDA generally doesn’t. 

🚨 NEWNESS 🚨 

A new hot pink blush will be dropping July 18th !! 

💖🩷💖🩷 

IMG_8437.jpeg

just in time for a Barbie Girl summer! 

Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Party Hour is now available for Sephora.ca 

The Tower 28 Beauty SOS Daily Skin Barrier Redness Recovery Moisturizer 1.86 oz / 55 ml is up on the site but not yet available 🫶🏻

I got the mini promo in an order and it has a delightfully thick viscosity that doesn’t feel too heavy. It melted into my skin with a soft pillowy texture that left my skin feeling hydrated and smooth each of times I’ve used it. So far I’m really liking this moisturizer and for $33 I’m likely going to order to full size. 

IMG_7201.jpeg

Finally we can see the ingredients list! Thanks for the feedback on the texture and how it has been on your skin.
This ingredient list is very similar to a lot of moisturizers I have seen by Korean skincare brands that have dedicated lines that focus on gentle ingredients - and so don't have "actives" (like how the Tower 28 promotion is advertising this moisturizer). So this is exciting to see as people who may not have otherwise dipped their toes into this style of skincare can now give it a go. This is the kind of formula I turned to Korean and Japanese skincare for so I could heal my ever-irritated skin!
> Rovectin's Aqua Enriched range is what I have most extensive experience with using for skin protection and gentle barrier repair, just as a reference for what I am describing.

I love this feedback @CattyT3 , it’s so helpful to know since I am pretty unfamiliar with the world of Korean Skincare.

It feels really fresh to have a “basic” moisturizer when in North America, so many actives seem to be pushed and ingredient lists are jam packed! My skin doesn’t handle it well so having a a gentle formula to turn to from Tower 28 is just lovely, as you said! ☺️ 

I am really hopeful that they will come out with a cleaner next and maybe an eye cream in the future.

Ooh yes, a gentle cleanser that's good value for use as a body wash as well would be an absolute dream! Cleansers make or break my entire routine even if every other step remains unchanged - so I am READY!

From what I noticed since I began my skin healing journey just over 6 years ago is that a LOT of what appears to be/ is advertised to be gentle on skin in the US market is actually too harsh for me. Even after eliminating a good chunk of items with a common fragrant ingredient I'm allergic to, I have a lot of trouble with pharmacy and higher end US skincare alike. I am currently determining another allergy after bad reactions to 2 US grocery store skincare aisle sunscreens - long since recovered from the mishaps with those, but now I'm just looking into a couple of ingredients I need to be wary of.
But I'm happy to report only 2 products from Sulwhasoo that I recently tried as Sephora order samples were not good for my skin, but anything I try from Korea and Japan directly in over 6 years I have had the best luck with - and is often much more affordable with most items being below even $15/$16 before the distributers' own promotions for larger orders ect.

I'll leave links to conversations I contributed to a while back in the K-Beauty group below if you want to check out some names of Korean skincare I can vouch for, and in the other post I have some professionals' tags who are educated to teach us about right and wrong in skincare for sensitive skin that have helped me SO much : ) 
https://community.sephora.com/t5/K-Beauty/Hyperpigmentation-blemishes/m-p/6546604/highlight/true#M32...

https://community.sephora.com/t5/K-Beauty/K-Beauty-Anti-Aging/m-p/6546469/highlight/true#M3234

IMG_6843.jpeg

The Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Party Hour re-launches today with a spot in the BeachPlease line up 💜 

IMG_6951.jpeg

Update on Beach Please Happy Hour for Sephora Canada. 

@TeamBIC  I noticed that this his now available on the American site but it hasn’t been uploaded to the Canadian site, do you have any details on when this will be available? 🥹🙏🏻

I have been hoping that Tower 28 would offer this shade again @bakeamuffin. I added it to my cart. Off to look at the current promotional items.

The Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation Really impressed me - the test samples came in colors that I was able to mix to get pretty much a perfect shade for my olive tone skin, and using just a bit over the recommended amount you need for the SPF 30 protection looks amazing on the face and neck.
Excited for people who normally have a hard time getting olive tone match with tinted products that offer fewer shade options to be pleasantly surprised with how wearable this is!

@CattyT3 Thanks for sharing your thoughts!! It’s so great that you were able to mix colours and get a shade match!
I am yet to try this one, it’s been off the Canadian site for some time but as soon as it’s back I’m ordering! It sounds really great 😊

Hope you enjoy it once it restocks, it's a very nice creamy looking and feeling product.

@bakeamuffin I'm hoping they get more shades in of Tower 28 Beauty JuiceBalm Vegan Tinted Lip Balm .  I bought Drink during the sale and while Iiked it, it was brighter/more pigmented than I thought.   Would love some pinks and mauves...just not sheer. 

I am hoping for the same @greeneyedgirl107 ! Their glosses have such a great range of colours, I look forward to the potential of bringing those shades over to the Juicy Balm formula! 

Wow just took a look at how Drink looks on darker lips + skin tones in their provided pictures - it looks so pretty. It definitely packs more punch than most lip balms I see images for. I actually seek out balms with a lot of pigment payoff which is so hard to find, but I can see why it's just a preference of whether you want that very visible pigment in a balm or not.
Might make me be disloyal to the CLINIQUE Almost Lipstick 👀

@CattyT3 what pigmented lip balms do u like?

I found success in the Sephora lip balm set earlier this year - up to now whenever I looked into balms I always saw the color payoff on people of my skin tone or darker was just absolutely terrible, and figured it was just not a product type I could dabble in. But happy to report I am proven wrong now:

I was really impressed with the Charlotte Tilbury Hyaluronic Happikiss Lipstick Balm Pillowtalk formula and color payoff - I've never seen my lips look that smooth with a lip product on before. It settles into an only mildly sticky texture within a minute or 2 for me. I think it has the look of a gloss-balm hybrid look. I want to try the Yves Saint Laurent Candy Glaze Lip Gloss Stick 3 Cacao No Boundary to see if I can get that same finish/ even juicier finish as I really do not like the CT packaging (like several reviewers on the product).

I also really liked the NARS Afterglow Lip Balm - Laguna Collection Laguna - I actually thought this was going to go on clear when I saw it at first, but it does have a noticeable golden brown tint on my already brownish lips, so I was really happy that I was seeing a wash of pigment that was that true "you lips but better" look that lasted a long time and felt so comfortable on my lips - and kept my skin well protected in harsh subzero winter storm weather I had to walk through daily to get to work.

I haven't used this but I gifted and saw the results of the Dior Dior Addict Lip Glow 20 Mahogany paired with the Dior Lip Glow Oil 20 Mahogany and the color payoff with the juicy and plump looking bright brown glow it gives to the lips has me wanting the balm too.

Until these balms I used got in my hands, I was actually mixing a couple of very full on pigmented glosses I got by mistake with a clear lip balm to get the gloss-balm look. I was miserably failing because of how patchy it looked - and I just don't do well with the lip gloss texture and I hate reapplying a lip product more than once a day, so it was just a struggle trying to not waste them both.
I am happy Tower 28 now has come out with this balm and the lip & cheek tints too, I feel like they could layer really nicely as well if you want to start with the tints and top up with the balm while out and about.

@CattyT3 thanks for the recs!  I'll be looking into all of them.

Hope it works out for you - I will say I did see comments about how the Nars lip balm in the lighter pink shades do not have good color payoff - but the darker shades and Laguna have better reviews.

Conversation Stats
  • 69 replies
  • 206 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos23
  • 2C988456-5FA1-41A4-85D2-D56E864BA6AF.jpeg
  • IMG_6367.png
  • IMG_6843.jpeg
  • IMG_6951.jpeg
  • IMG_7200.jpeg
  • IMG_7201.jpeg
  • IMG_8437.jpeg