Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Tatcha Beauty Thread

The Tatcha thread seems to have disappeared with the new BIC, and there don't seem to be any active threads, so I thought we should bring back this thread so we have a place to talk about everything Tatcha!

Tatcha

- Updated November 2nd, 2018 - 

Tatcha's Holiday Sets Are Available now on their direct site! Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 9.58.25 AM.png

Re: The Tatcha Beauty Thread

Oops, I forgot the lip oil photos! 

The packaging on the lip oil is nice - it's like a heavy plastic, but it certainly doesn't have the same weight as the lipsticks (even the minis!).  I wish the cap wasn't round in contrast to the container being hexagonal, because I feel like it looks a little strange, tbh, especially since the cap doesn't fit snug with the larger body.  That's just personal preference though.  

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 4.58.00 PM.png

Here are swatches with the other lip oils I could find. From left to right: the Lancome Juicy Shaker in Cherry Symphony, Tatcha lip oil in Kyoto red, YSL tint in oils in Red My Lips (15) Cherry my Cherie (05).  It is a much more orange-red as compared to the mostly pink bases in the other oils.  It's also very pigmented, although I don't notice that it leaves behind as much of a stain (it does wear off evenly though, so no weird lip liner look).  It feels moisturizing, and the color is very flattering.  The applicator is also really nice - very soft and very long, so it is easy to apply on the go.  The one thing I don't like about it a ton is that while it doesn't have a scent (the other lip oils I swatched all do), it does have a sort of strange taste as compared to the others.  It's not perfume-y tasting, but it's definitely noticeable, and not in the bite lipstick, "wow, that tastes good" sort of way. 😉   Overall though, I really like it, and it layers and plays well with everything else I've tried it with. 🙂 Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 4.58.09 PM.png

Trendmood just posted an update - holiday items will be available at 7am PST tomorrow (exclusive to their site), and there is a gift with $100 purchase code, KYOTORED17, for a mini Kyoto Red Lipstick (working now!). 

@txcatx - wanted to make sure you saw this so you could grab the mini lip set tomorrow! 🙂 

Received my lip oil in the mail yesterday! It's nice and gives more of a color payoff than I thought it would (at least initially - it leaves a nice stain behind fairly quickly though but the stain seems to last well enough), and isn't sticky at all. It does bleed on my lips a little more than I'd like though and it doesn't feel as moisturizing as the YSL tint in oils.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it @seaofcowards! I was going to get it but wanted to wait to hear people's feedback on it first.

New limited edition lip oil!

8AFCEC0D-48F1-4F32-BD15-A6A33A20966F.jpeg

Here's a swatch of it 🙂

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 6.42.02 AM.png

This is gorgeous! Can't decide if I should bite the bullet now and get it from Tatcha or wait to see if it makes its way to Sephora...

I don't think Sephora is getting it - I believe it's limited edition and a tatcha.com exclusive.  I don't think Sephora gets any of the Tatcha lip products (except the regular balm).

Someone needs to take away my credit card!  Lip products are definitely my weakness!

Same here! Got the lip oil as soon as I saw the email. Now I'm hoping to be able to get the mini lipstick trio before it inevitably sells out. I had the Plum Blossom lipstick, but my mom really, really loved it, so I gave mine to her. Hopefully that's good karma, and I'll be able to snag the set (and that my mom doesn't take it from me!).

I haven't seen the bar soaps before, are they new?

They have the soaps individually for $15 on their website, but I've never really noticed them before, so I'm not sure!

Great idea making a new one!

I don't have a ton of experience with Tatcha products (I'm reluctant to pay past a certain price point when it comes to skincare) but I love seeing what's new and making the occasional purchase. I'm still waiting for them to make a purchasable travel size version of the violet-c mask. Does anyone have experience with it?

It is Vitamin C and gives a nice glow like any Vitamin C based products. I love their cleansing oil and water cream.

I have it - it's okay, I wouldn't repurchase though. It does make my skin a bit softer, but I haven't seen any noticeable improvements with it.  It does feel soothing though so I like using it after I've used a harsh exfoliating product or something

@spadersgirl - I got a deluxe sample of it from Sephora when it first came out, but I haven't tried it yet!  I will come back and report when I do. 🙂 

Thanks! I appreciate it. ☺

Thanks! I appreciate it. ☺

New app-exclusive set available!  https://www.sephora.com/product/touchups-to-go-P425269

I know the holiday preview is over, but if anyone is planning on ordering from Tatcha, the code GOLDTRAY17 will get you a gold tray with a $100+ order.  

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 10.57.53 AM.png

Oh man, I wish this was going on during the holiday preview. I only picked up one thing then, but I totally would have picked up something else to get this tray!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos67
  • Tatcha
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 10.57.53 AM.png
  • 8AFCEC0D-48F1-4F32-BD15-A6A33A20966F.jpeg
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 6.42.02 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 4.46.22 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 4.46.47 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 4.46.08 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 4.47.09 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 4.47.53 PM.png