Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The HOURGLASS Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hourglass! One of my all time favorite brands Heart 

Direct Link to Hourglass Product Pagehttps://www.sephora.com/brand/hourglass 

New

Velvet Story Lip Cream: Hourglass Velvet Story Lip Cream 

HourglassLipCream2.png

HourglassLipCream.png

Re: HOURGLASS THREAD

I can confirm this to be true. I have just finished my 2nd stick and the same thing occured - with the VERY minimal amount of product that is provided with this purchase, the last 10-15% is not accessible without having to dig it out. 

Here is a picFullSizeRender 19.jpg

@alissonnj - I don't own the foundation, but with the eyebrow pencil, theres a way to open up the tube to access another inch of product.  perhaps this can be done with the foundation too?

The weights listed for the products seem off.

For example:

0.14 oz/ 1.13 g Ambient Lighting Blush in Surreal Glow

Compared with a regular single Lighting Blush:

SIZE 0.15 oz/ 4.25 g

Are the ounces right - meaning they're nearly full sized pans - or are the grams right?

I have a feeling the volume for grams (1.13g) is listed correctly but of course, we need an official Sephora mod to clarify. Can a sephora mod please enlighten (hehe, enlighten, get it 😛 ) us as to the correct volume for this product? 

Looks like they updated it - the descriptions for the shades as well. 

And then to make it more confusing, the Hourglass website lists the total weight at .34 ounces.

This is what's listed on Sephora:

This palette contains: 
- 0.14 oz/ 1.13 g in Ambient Lighting Powder in Surreal Light (light golden bronze) 
- 0.14 oz/ 1.13 g in Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Surreal Bronze Light (light-medium golden bronze) 
- 2 x 0.14 oz/ 1.13 g Ambient Lighting Blush in Surreal Glow (medium-dark golden bronze),Ambient Lighting Blush in Surreal Effect (rose pink golden bronze) 
- 0.14 oz/ 1.13 g in Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Surreal Strobe Light (medium-warm bronze)

So I just did the weight converter thing, and 1.13 grams is equal to 0.0398 ounces, so if you're counting 5 pans at that weight, it's 0.199 ounces.

NOTHING MAKES SENSE.

(Though the Hourglass website listing of .34 oz sort of makes sense with the pricing, as it makes it roughly twice the amount of product in one blush, and the price is about twice as well.)

Just got mine today... I have to say, I was expecting them to be small but they are beyond tiny! The size of one of the individuals is like 1/3 of the original ambient lighting palette.

I'm pretty bummed. I'm almost finished the original ambient lighting palette and it finished quickly without heavy use. This feels like it would be like a few months worth of product. I've only swatched on my hand for now and I'm really hoping it will wow me when I put it on my face tomorrow. But even if it's amazing, the size is incredibly disappointing...

Thanks for sharing.. This was on my watch list but I think I will put a hard pass on knowing that its as small as I was hoping it wouldn't be!

The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit - Surreal Light palette is finally in stock!

Spoiler
Hourglass Surreal.jpg

Thanks for the update @trishavt!

Swatches from Beautizine

Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 11.39.26 AM.png

Seeing the swatches I'm not sure if I really need this... They are beautiful shades but I feel like the powders I currently have already give me the effect I want. I wish they'd re-release the blush palette, or another!

I mean I'm almost finally hitting pan on my ALP so I NEED this right?! Haha 😉

Thank you @veronika23 You're always giving us the latest news on new products! 🙂

This one isn't calling my name, but I am excited to see holiday stuff starting to pop up. 🙂

Hourglass holiday palette swatches!

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 5.18.03 PM.png

I have been using the Vanish Stick Foundation, and I love it!! However, I think I might need to use a better primer with it to make sure it really does look flawless. 

I have used it both with and without a primer, and it looks good either way, but I guess I have been really into making my makeup look like it was essentially airbrushed on, especially when I wear it for special events!

Any suggestions are welcome 🙂

Have you tried the Veil primer that Hourglass recommends?

960 Replies
testing