Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The GIVENCHY Thread.

givenchy is one of the luxury beauty brands that has a firm place in my heart. my first luxury lipstick (rouge interdit in 'pretty rose') was givenchy, and i treasured it. 

i'm not exactly on top of 'new releases' as such (though of course i'll share here as i stumble upon news), but i wanted to create a space for my fellow Givenchy beauty lovers !

here are 2 dated adverts from 2011 but i lovvvve them and and find them apt for the brand:

givenchy-beauty-ss-2011.jpg

givenchyaw11.jpg

Re: The GIVENCHY Thread.

Full AW18 collection is up at Neiman's.

NMC4T79_zz.jpg

NMC4T79_cz.jpg

Looks like there's the quad, plus lipstick, nail polish, liquid liner, mascara, and a mascara top coat in the shimmery dark red.

@fieldsofclover So pretty. Thank for sharing.

@fieldsofclover So pretty. Thank for sharing.

@fieldsofclover, I agree, I really like that nail color.

I'm not really interested in the shadows, but I am here for the rest of it... I can easily see myself rocking that lip/nail combo for the entire month of December 🎀

RE: The GIVENCHY Thread.

New primers

Re: RE: The GIVENCHY Thread.

@bakeamuffin The Acti'mine didn't really work for me so I'm excited to try these!

Marbled red is up on Sephora

(US side but not Canada yet, sorry guys)Screenshot_20180616-090425.png

@fieldsofclover@shimmerbait or anyone wondering if you noticed on the red marbled lipstick- Sephora site says color number 26 and others say 25 which was last year’s or year before release. I ordered from Sephora and mine says number 25 not 26. Barney’s says 25. So it’s obviously just new red ribbon detail and same shade. I compared to my older one and looks exact. I haven’t read anything saying it was just a limited packaging with same shade but it clearly is (other than new pink one of course ).  Which I know they do on other floral seasonal cases also but they usual state that’s what it is. Just curious. Thoughts?! 

@Sunnysmom So here's the only bits I know... 26 (Rouge Révélateur marbled) is supposed to be N°13 (Rouge Interdit) marbled with the color-changing version of Noir Révélateur (N°16 in Vinyl, but doesn't exist in the regular Rouge Interdit line). 

Which, of course, is identical to the story with 25. The pink one is 27 Rose Révélateur (22 Infrarose + the marbling). The only thing I can think of is that they reformulated a bit? In almost all of the "real" (non-PR) photos I found of 25, it didn't look nearly as marbled as I would have expected, so maybe something changed.

Or nothing changed, and they're just numbering limited releases, but they don't really do that with the Le Rouge line and its billion different couture editions, so I think it was a (possibly trivial) formula/manufacturing change.

Just my amateur-detective hypothesis 🕵️‍♀️🤷😂

@fieldsofclover Good sleuthing for sure thank you! Who knows. It’s a bit confusing tho as I feel like they should tell us why the number change or what any subtle differences may be. But their goal is to sell so clearly nope. Lol. And it’s also a bit odd as Sephora still says 26 yet 25 is what shipped and Barneys also said 25. OH well certainly bigger things to obsess about! On a happy note I did buy the other new fall Midnight Red lip and it’s so pretty. Teeny shimmer and gorgeous bright true red probably a bit to the cool side. Yummy. ☺️

New quad up on Saks

90A34A42-0D66-414F-82BC-7172811CD5C8.jpeg

Pink marble available on Barney's

More upcoming Givenchy

Givenchy AW18

I really like the Poudre Lumière Originelle that is pink, I think it's nice to see a golden color coming out. And the pattern is so pretty! The eye shadow also looks much more metallic irl. Interesting @Mochapj!

No dates here, so I don't know if this is a product tease or just the creative director messing around. I thought there were marbled LEs a year or two ago, but this post is from last week.Screenshot_20180527-181034.png

RE: Re: The GIVENCHY Thread.

@fieldsofclover about a year and a half ago they released one marbled shade that was red and black - I believe in the AW18 release they are including this new berry - looks like it might be a mix of their cult fave framboise velours

Givenchy AW18

Has anyone tried the Givenchy Teint Couture Cushion Glow? Apparently this is a glossy highlighter in a cushion form. I wouldn't be drawn to this sort of thing necessarily but I heard a favorite blogger rave about it and it looked beautiful on her. Curious if anyone can give any feedback.

3 Replies
testing