cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE VISEART THREAD

~ Updated Feb 7th 2019 ~

Thought I'd start a thread just for Viseart since so many of us LOVE them. Heart

I love to encourage a small brand as opposed to a brand where you pay for the name. The eye shadow quality can't be beat!

Brand page:

https://www.sephora.com/viseart

NEW

Liaison palette - Available now exclusively at Beautylish

Grande Pro Vol. 2 now at Sephora

https://www.sephora.com/product/grande-pro-volume-2-P440073

Libertine palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/libertine-eyeshadow-palette-P436925

Coy palette - Muse Beauty Pro exclusive 

Coy palette

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 11.43.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.39.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.39.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.41.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.41.10 PM.png

Liaison palette

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 12.07.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.25.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.52.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.53.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.53.30 PM.png

COMING SOON

Possibly coming out with loose pigments???

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 12.25.49 PM.png

Sneak peeks of possible things to come

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.20.46 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.21.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.21.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-02 at 12.27.00 PM.png

WHERE TO BUY

Sephora

Muse Beauty Pro

Beauty Bay

Beautylish

Alcone

Frends Beauty

Posy - Looks like they won't make this happen 😞

Spoiler

Viseart Posy.png

Price breakdown for those interested

Spoiler

Saw this on Facebook a while back and thought I'd add it here.

A 12 color Viseart Eyeshadow Palette is $80 USD (before pro discount). Each eyeshadow pan is 2 grams and valued at approx. $6 ($3.00 per gram).

MAC has reduced the price of their single eyeshadows refills from $10 USD to $6 USD each. So 12 colors at the new reduced price would be $72 USD (before pro discount). Add the $8 USD empty palette to store them and we're back to $80 USD.

EXCEPT: Each MAC eyeshadow pan is only 1.3 grams ($4.62 per gram). You're getting only 15.6 grams of product, as opposed to the 24 grams of eyeshadow in the Viseart palette. That's a loss of over 8 grams of product.

FINAL ANALYSIS:
It would cost $119 USD for MAC to duplicate the Viseart palette (24 grams of MAC eyeshadow at $4.62 per gram and $8 for the palette).

RE: Re: THE VISEART THREAD

From the pictures the ViseArt don't seem to be better than the Morphe brand in tones,pigment, and having any fall off. With that said I know that Sephora does carry Morphe.. which they they should. As you can tell, I love my Morphe 35V palette. The ViseArt shadows did not impress me much, with such a high price point. Good luck shopping!!

@AmandaMH99 I have several viseart shadows including trys...

@AmandaMH99 I have several viseart shadows including tryst. Tryst preforms great but is very pink which may not work well for everyone. I highly recommend bridal satin its it's super versatile.

Re: THE VISEART THREAD

Lots of Viseart in the sale section + extra 20% off for rouge + 10% ebates for Canada!

I love Viseart I have several of the 12 pan palettes Dark Mattes, Neutral Mattes, Warm mattes, ect. That being said I am kinda upset at the Original Pro palette after taking a close look at it I realize its a compilation of Dark mattes, Neutral mattes, Cool mattes and Warm mattes. Maybe there are settle nuances between the shades but not enough to justify the weighty price. I love those palettes and for someone who doesn't have those palettes I think this is a killer option. For me personally its a let down I want something new and fresh, different. As far as the Pro 2 I am just not a fan of Viseart's shimmers I know these are a new formula but I can already tell it still isn't different enough from the old formula. 

Anonymous Insider

I have almost every Viseart palette.  I have to say that this palette, meaning the pro Grande 1, is different than the others that I have.  Neutral mattes is still needed to use with this palette.  Also editorial brights goes with it too.  To be honest, I was hoping for a few repeats of med-light neutral colors, but these are all different.  As an artist, however, it is great to have these different combos.  The Grande melds well with all of the other palettes from cool to warm including brights and darks too. 

I have forced myself to wear a different row each time I use it.  I think it is not going to work, but in the end it looks great and I get compliments on it.  

I can say this- If I only had this palette and none of the others, I would be disappointed, as it is not complete in itself for the variety of makeup that I do.  I still find that the other Viseart palettes round out the color spectrum nicely with this one so I am glad to have it, but would not want this one alone.  

With the sale coming up here are more watches of the Grande Pro Vol. 1

Viseart Grande Pro Volume I Eyeshadow Palette 30 x eyeshadows

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 1.52.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 1.52.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 1.52.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 1.53.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 1.53.07 PM.png

Anonymous Insider

As pretty as all of these swatches are, they just do not look that way in real life.  I love the palette, but if you are expecting this level of intensity, you will be disappointed unless you use half the pan to do it.   These are beautiful and layer well, not muddy.  Sheer and buildable, and that is what I love about them.  Seem to wear all day well w/o primer for me too.

RE: THE VISEART THREAD

@SheWhoSkis was asking about viseart sales recently... Muse just sent me an email that they’re running a 20% off Halloween sale until Sunday, just FYI

Gandalf_Sandwich on Instagram often uses Viseart in her (amazing) looks. Here's a recent one she did using the Grande Pro Vol. 2 and the esum mixing medium. She's put up some other looks, and she has swatched a number of Viseart palettes. 

ACS_0118.jpg

There was a store, perhaps Frends, that used to have an incredible sale on Viseart. Does anyone recall which one it was, if they still do it, and what time of year it happens?

Re: RE: THE VISEART THREAD

@SheWhoSkis-  I've been getting emails from Frends for some pretty nice sales recently. Sign up for their emails (they don't fill your inbox, I only get one when they are having a major sale). That way when they do have a sale you can get in on the early bird for email members. Muse has also been doing 20% off on some nice things, their email sign up will get you the full 20% off vs only 10% offered to regular customers. Frends has their big sale around Black Friday, plus or minus a week. Both carry Viseart.

It could be Alcone Company too @SheWhoSkis but I’m not sure

@SheWhoSkis On a few occasions I've seen Frends have the palettes at around $56 I believe but I don't really shop on that site so I'm not sure how often that happens.

@SheWhoSkis I believe both Frends and MuseBeautyPro have had sales on Viseart. I don't recall much on the Frends sale, since I didn't partake. Muse usually has a special deal on if you buy 2 palettes (and usually includes some of their esum brushes). In 2017, it was in August and two palettes was $128 USD. From looking through reddit, it looks like that deal has taken place in August, November, and December so we might see one soon.

RE: Re: RE: THE VISEART THREAD

Thank you!

My Grande Pro 2 arrived a little while ago and I finally swatched it. Haven’t worn it yet, so no comments on performance. I will say I had fall out with the glitter shades while doing swatches - the glitter just fell away. Definitely requires a mixer. I was a bit apprehensive about this one but there are some beautiful shades here. Worth the cost? Maybe not. I don’t think this is a poor performer from Viseart, as much as I think it’s a very unique palette that won’t appeal to most shoppers. Even the glitter is need, and the variations in base, shimmers, etc. I’m happy to have this, but I’m admittedly a collector.

Great swatches!!!! Thank you @lachaton! I decided not to purchase because I didn't feel like using the mixing medium. lol  While I do love the brand nothing has been catching my eye in the past few releases. I would love a matte pastel colorful palette... it be nice in the spring since that seems to be the trend for SS19.

@lachaton thanks for the swatches! I think it would be cool if Viseart had Theory sized palettes with each kind of finish, that way you could try the one you were interested in.

More Grande Pro Vol. 2 swatches - Available now at Muse Beauty Pro

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 1.39.48 PM.png

Grande Pro Volume 1 is now available on Sephora

https://www.sephora.com/product/grande-pro-1-P436732?skuId=2152445&icid2=products%20grid:p436732

And my Grande Pro Volume 2 arrived yesterday, so I'll try to swatch and play with it to provide comments later on!

If you get the Grand Pro 2, make sure you get some mixing compound or glitter glue, because, man, do some of the colors have fallout. I tried out mine this weekend and it was a good thing that the mixing compound came with mine (I was one of the first 1400 to order from Muse Beauty Pro) and boy did I need it. The colors are wonderful to use and beautiful to apply, but they do shed.

1 Reply
testing