cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE VISEART THREAD

~ Updated Feb 7th 2019 ~

Thought I'd start a thread just for Viseart since so many of us LOVE them. Heart

I love to encourage a small brand as opposed to a brand where you pay for the name. The eye shadow quality can't be beat!

Brand page:

https://www.sephora.com/viseart

NEW

Liaison palette - Available now exclusively at Beautylish

Grande Pro Vol. 2 now at Sephora

https://www.sephora.com/product/grande-pro-volume-2-P440073

Libertine palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/libertine-eyeshadow-palette-P436925

Coy palette - Muse Beauty Pro exclusive 

Coy palette

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 11.43.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.39.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.39.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.41.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.41.10 PM.png

Liaison palette

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 12.07.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.25.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.52.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.53.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.53.30 PM.png

COMING SOON

Possibly coming out with loose pigments???

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 12.25.49 PM.png

Sneak peeks of possible things to come

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.20.46 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.21.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.21.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-02 at 12.27.00 PM.png

WHERE TO BUY

Sephora

Muse Beauty Pro

Beauty Bay

Beautylish

Alcone

Frends Beauty

Posy - Looks like they won't make this happen 😞

Spoiler

Viseart Posy.png

Price breakdown for those interested

Spoiler

Saw this on Facebook a while back and thought I'd add it here.

A 12 color Viseart Eyeshadow Palette is $80 USD (before pro discount). Each eyeshadow pan is 2 grams and valued at approx. $6 ($3.00 per gram).

MAC has reduced the price of their single eyeshadows refills from $10 USD to $6 USD each. So 12 colors at the new reduced price would be $72 USD (before pro discount). Add the $8 USD empty palette to store them and we're back to $80 USD.

EXCEPT: Each MAC eyeshadow pan is only 1.3 grams ($4.62 per gram). You're getting only 15.6 grams of product, as opposed to the 24 grams of eyeshadow in the Viseart palette. That's a loss of over 8 grams of product.

FINAL ANALYSIS:
It would cost $119 USD for MAC to duplicate the Viseart palette (24 grams of MAC eyeshadow at $4.62 per gram and $8 for the palette).

Re: THE VISEART THREAD

From those pictures they don't look the same, but who knows once they are swatched? Or (as I've learned), on the lid.

I'm still a fan of the finish on most Tom Ford quads, especially looking at the Minx comparison vs Honeymoon. Obviously Viseart has a highly lauded formula, but just looking at the photos, it is giving me flashbacks to Natasha Denona (only on the finish of the swatches. Nothing else, I swear. Just a personal, hopefully temporary, aversion :x).

@Libellules I'll be putting it on my lids sometimes this week, so I'll let you know how they fare. I do love my other two palettes from them (Dark Mattes and Paris Nudes). I think ND was mostly just over-hyped by beauty bloggers and the like. I personally was scared off by the price, and the fact that I have 5000 palettes already 😄

@MK89 I suspect that the Viseart shadows must feel soothing by comparison to ND. They absolutely were! It is just fresh on my mind because I was on youtube yesterday, and youtube was suggesting I watch some ND rants. Sure why not :D.

@Libellules I also swatched a ton of the ND at the show and some swatch so beautifully.  The issue that I've had with them (and I know you did) was wear.  They feel very much like the TF wet/dry formula on application but something goes wrong in the wearing of them.

Viseart to me wears beautifully.  Some of the TF (not all) and the Viseart are brands from which I get great wear time without primer.

I remember your ND photos after wearing them for a few hours and still cringe...awful.

Muse explained to me a bunch of things about pigment and formula.  Some of the more pigmented shades can be a little stiff due to the extra pigment needed.

These smaller palettes had more dramatic shimmer/sheen than many of my softer Visearts.  I only wore them on my arm (less odd at a makeup show) but they seemed to wear better than the ND.

But it was only an arm test....

@meganlisa It absolutely is in the wear! I'm just so miffed because I cant believe swatches could be so deceiving. Really? I found that they were so irritating to my eye, seeing the swatches reminds me of that :x (and I definitely don't have that issue with the TF. Don't worry, I think that whole "they swatch amazingly" is unique to ND, and I'm not implying they extended to Viseart. I just picture that finish irritating my eyes is all.

I do want to try Viseart - everyone is always going on about their mattes, but I don't usually wear mattes. The Paris Nudes are most my speed but I've heard that they are *really* sheer. They have some beautiful color palettes, but...they aren't really colors I wear. At some point they'll release something I'll feel compelled to try 😛

@LibellulesSome of the lighter colors are sheer in Paris Nudes, but the rest are fine. I think the Dark mattes palette is great, myself. I find that mattes add a touch of depth to shimmers. At least on myself, I don't like using all shimmers — especially on my brow bone. It tends to make my hooded eyes look heavier because I have so much area there.

@jozkid The dark mattes palette has always been the one I've been most drawn to, just looking at the colors alone. Realistically - I rarely wear mattes, and I have a hard time with dark colors (they tend to emphasize my dark circles). It seems that Viseart tries to please all kinds ;).

@Libellules guess I'll just butt myself in again 😄

I found Dark Mattes to be very wearable depending on how you use it. For example:

image.jpeg

I'll probably swatch it too when I swatch Paris Nudes. I know other ladies have already swatched them, but I personally like looking at multiple swatches because everyone does them a bit differently/in different lighting/has different skintones. Joz is a lot lighter than me but if she says it works for her skintone, it might work for yours as well 🙂

@MK89 You look incredible in those colors!

You are right, I am light, not fair, but I feel very comfortable wearing the Dark Mattes shades. I tend to use it more in the "V" or for lining, but that's mostly because of my age, eye shape, hooded eyes, .... I think it could be a very useful palette for just about anyone.

This look is gorgeous @MK89! I've been thinking about the Dark Mattes.

Thanks so much @jozkid

@Mcakes thank you! i actually haven't had the chance to use it a ton but it's fun to play with 🙂

Very very beautiful MK!

Beautiful @MK89! Yes, very lovely on you but I am still afraid it would be too dark :x. I'm the same way though. Seeing lots of swatched on a variety of skin tones is definitely helpful! 🙂

Gorgeous! 

Im tempted to get my first Viseart now.

@KateLovesYSL Do it! You won't regret it, I swear!

Thank you @KateLovesYSL@blackkitty2014 @Libellules! It wasn't that hard to do either, so I can attest to the good quality 😊

@Libellules Ah! But that's the beauty of it. You don't need to wear it dark. Viseart shadows blend out easily — even the Dark Mattes. You can sheer it out or build it up. I don't really have dark circles, but very dark colors can be aging on me. I haven't had that problem with the Dark mattes palette at all. 

It's always been my thought that since Viseart is made for professionals, the palettes aren't necessarily meant to be used singularly. I think each is meant to fill a niche and work in conjunction with the others. I think some of them can stand alone, but I don't think that's their intended purpose.

Thanks @jozkid! I really do wish I could swatch these in person.

@LibellulesI have to say, I use multiple of Vieart's Mattes palettes, and I love my paris nudes.  The paris nudes may be less pronounced, but I don't feel like they disappear.  They blend extremely well and with a primer last throughout the day.  I never tried the ND, although I was tempted by calypso blue, but funny enough the line that irritates my eyes is Aveda's eyeshadow.  I would have thought it would be fine, based on their generally excellent skin and hair lines but it only took around an hour after application the last two times I tried Aveda to start watering.

@buggirl That's good to hear! I wish these were available in store for swatching.

Calypso Blue was the one standout/winner from the whole ND debacle. BUT, the formula was still irritating. I believe one of the UD moondust shadows is a dupe, but it isn't as pigmented.

That's a shame about Aveda! Yes, brand perception is a crazy thing. I mean Origins kind of gives off the same vibe, and I found lots of their skincare items to be irritating 😕

@Libellules I really like Paris Nudes.  You should come visit and can play with my Viseart palettes!  Though it's cheaper to just buy them all....

I still have nightmares about those photos of you in the ND shadows.  

8 Replies
testing