cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE VISEART THREAD

~ Updated Feb 7th 2019 ~

Thought I'd start a thread just for Viseart since so many of us LOVE them. Heart

I love to encourage a small brand as opposed to a brand where you pay for the name. The eye shadow quality can't be beat!

Brand page:

https://www.sephora.com/viseart

NEW

Liaison palette - Available now exclusively at Beautylish

Grande Pro Vol. 2 now at Sephora

https://www.sephora.com/product/grande-pro-volume-2-P440073

Libertine palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/libertine-eyeshadow-palette-P436925

Coy palette - Muse Beauty Pro exclusive 

Coy palette

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 11.43.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.39.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.39.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.41.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.41.10 PM.png

Liaison palette

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 12.07.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.25.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.52.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.53.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.53.30 PM.png

COMING SOON

Possibly coming out with loose pigments???

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 12.25.49 PM.png

Sneak peeks of possible things to come

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.20.46 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.21.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.21.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-02 at 12.27.00 PM.png

WHERE TO BUY

Sephora

Muse Beauty Pro

Beauty Bay

Beautylish

Alcone

Frends Beauty

Posy - Looks like they won't make this happen 😞

Spoiler

Viseart Posy.png

Price breakdown for those interested

Spoiler

Saw this on Facebook a while back and thought I'd add it here.

A 12 color Viseart Eyeshadow Palette is $80 USD (before pro discount). Each eyeshadow pan is 2 grams and valued at approx. $6 ($3.00 per gram).

MAC has reduced the price of their single eyeshadows refills from $10 USD to $6 USD each. So 12 colors at the new reduced price would be $72 USD (before pro discount). Add the $8 USD empty palette to store them and we're back to $80 USD.

EXCEPT: Each MAC eyeshadow pan is only 1.3 grams ($4.62 per gram). You're getting only 15.6 grams of product, as opposed to the 24 grams of eyeshadow in the Viseart palette. That's a loss of over 8 grams of product.

FINAL ANALYSIS:
It would cost $119 USD for MAC to duplicate the Viseart palette (24 grams of MAC eyeshadow at $4.62 per gram and $8 for the palette).

Re: THE VISEART THREAD

Me too! and as per usual no one knows anything! I can never get a **bleep** answer from them!

😞 I know how you feel @fatimamummy

Probably. Since when does Sephora care about their Canadian clients?

@fatimamummy there are 2 possible times for canada..3am est or 8am est. I have been stalking alot lately 😄 now thats IF our warehouse got stock!

The theory Palettes are up! 🙂

All three Theory palettes are in stock! So excited I was able to order during the sale!

Here's Cashmere - it's really lovely! I agree with @Mochapj 's description of it as "classic and demure". Subtle, yes, but it has just the right amount of shimmer to add a little light, and the matte shades add depth. 

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

Viseart needs to pay you, Mocha and Jozkid. You all look beautiful! Should I click "buy" meow? 

@blackkitty2014 aw, that's sweet of you to say! Thank you 🙂 

Cashmere is so nice, I don't know how you could say no. I'm wearing Chroma today - just one shade and really love it too! 

Pictures have now been fixed for Cashmere and Minx... Only took them like a week!

Minx video for those who watch them (with OCC lip tar in artifact, a gorgeous color).  I didn't have issues with application or wear.  Every shadow is gorgeous on.  Video catches the subtleties of the shades better on me than still photos.

@meganlisa, do you think this would look good on a cool-toned person? Like how do the shadows look on your daughter?

@DiVWA I wore Minx on the weekend, and I lean cool-toned. 

I don't think these shades are the most flattering on me, but I like to use them since they do play well with the red tones in my hair, and my darker eyes. I paired the palette with a warmer blush. 

These photos aren't the best - but they should give you an idea. And please excuse my crazy, natural eyebrows.

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

It's pretty but I do prefer Cashmere on you.  Both lovely, but the cooler tones are perfect!

@lachaton, that's very lovely on you. It pulls in the red in your hair and your lovely freckles. I think that Minx is way more suited for you than for me.You make me realize that I likely need more than brown eyes to make Minx work.

Love your "crazy" brows too! 😉

Lachaton, Minx looks lovely on you!

I totally throw cool/warm out the window, I think you can too :P.

@lachaton it looks gorgeous on you! very flattering with your coloring

@DiVWA She can wear most of the colors but not the copper.  I think whether it works on someone cooler toned depends on your actual color.  My daughter has pink undertones with brown hair and brown eyes.  Anything at all orange is a no go.  But I could see the copper working as a liner with someone more neutrally cool and with blue eyes.

It's a beautiful palette.  The mattes and lightest of the shimmers would work on most.

Are you thinking of getting it?  What about Cashmere?

Thanks for your input @meganlisa. I have brown eyes and find that I can wear some orange but not others. For example, the orange shade in the old KVD Ladybird matte shadow palette looks fine as a transition shade or even on part of my lid, but not all over. If I got Minx, I would just use one of the more red-based shades at a time, I think, instead of going all out copper (or instead of blending all the shades together).

Cashmere is another possibility, of course.

I have mixed feelings about jumping in though. I bought Bridal Satin when it first came out and just hated it. The colors looked so washed out on me and I felt like the palette was so so. I didn't own it long enough to get into whether the shadows were buttery or whatever--the palette was just boring. So I got rid of it and had no further interest in the Viseart shadows, despite rave reviews.

So buying the smaller new versions that have a mix of matte and shimmer has attracted me a bit. But I must add that I'm not impressed by the lightest shade in either Cashmere or Minx--it seems a bit throwaway to me and I wish that every single shade in those smaller palettes were useful to me. So I still haven't decided. I know I won't buy from a site that doesn't allow returns.

@DiVWA Regarding minx, the lighter 2 shades aren't throw aways, though I get what you mean.  The bone has a soft but not super warm undertone that sets it apart.  The shimmery one has a soft peachy gold undertone and in a lesser palette, would be a standout.  These shades are beautiful.

I've now ordered Cashmere.  I saw it at the makeup show but was feeling guilty at my purchases so passed.  It's not as dramatically pretty as Minx but sometimes that can be better.

Since I do the videos I'm always trying to explain different finishes.  Certain shades and sheens just don't show up in photos.  Minx is beautiful, but even more so on.  Cashmere is more subtle.

Regarding Muse.  I like to support smaller companies and have one myself.  In this case, the founders are at makeup shows personally and work with Viseart directly to actually develop these palettes (they are both established and successful makeup artists).  That's why they have first access.  Smaller companies can't afford what the mass marketers can with respect to returns.  But I like people who are personally out making an effort, designing things and personally involved. Personally, I mix new small brands with more established ones, but that's just my thing.

Regarding Bridal Satins, that's my least favorite of the Viseart palettes.  I don't look at is and see easy looks (so it's more effort).  It isn't that I don't like it, but I so much prefer my other Visearts.

Since the brand was originally targeted toward makeup artists some of their palettes are very specialized.  I feel like these smaller palettes are made to be idiot proof looks (my criteria, not theirs).

You will know which one is for you or not.  But these are beautiful.  Honestly, I'm seeing you in Cashmere, not Minx. Not that Minx won't work, but your style is such simple, classic elegance.

@meganlisa, that's great that you believe in supporting the smaller companies like Muse. I would be more tempted if I had not already been uninspired by one Viseart palette already. But if I were a devoted Viseart fan and already owned a great palette, I would have probably already purchased from Muse.

It sounds like I may have bought one of the "stinker" palettes. Idiot proof is fine with me! 😉

testing