cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE ORDINARY / DECIEM THREAD

~ Updated Dec 2nd 2018 ~

Their popularity seems to be growing and with all the their brands why not have a thread dedicated to them!

Brands under Deciem:

NIOD

Hylamide

Chemistry Brand

The Ordinary

Loopha

The Fountain

HIF

Ab Crew

Abnomaly

COMING SOON/NEWS:

Brands coming under the Deciem name:

• Halftone
    HIPPOOH
    Stencil

Re: THE ORDINARY / DECIEM THREAD

If anyone's ever struggled with building a regimen, The Ordinary just launched their regimen builder.  It's about 4-5 questions, and gives you a list of products based on your concerns, with the time and order on how to use them.

"We’ve finally done it - The Ordinary’s Regimen Builder is now here.

Backed by no-nonsense science, our regimen builder uses the information you provide us to recommend products (in the correct order of application) that will best suit your skincare needs.

The regimen builder will take approximately 4 minutes to complete.

No fluff - just clinical formulations with integrity."

I just got my sister-in-law to start using the ordinary products 6 weeks ago.

Buffet w/peptides

Hyaronic

Rose hip

Squane

Mask 30aha/2ba

Recently added

Renoild 

Vit.C 23%

Nicaimide

Just the last few days, heavy peach fuzz on jawline,plus over face.

No difference in meds,eating.

I thought maybe over hydrated from buffet and hyrounics.

But did that for a month no problems, just did a mask 2 nights ago, and peach fuzz took off, has only used other products a few times.

I am completely clueless, I've used products a long time, not problems, I've seen a few other people saying this about buffet, but it happened so fast.any thoughts would be great.

When Deciem emailed that they were releasing a room scent based on the “top secret” scent created exclusively for use in their stores, I jumped at the chance to purchase it. I’d asked store managers and they were just as clueless about what the intoxicating scent was. Now my apartment smells clean and sexy too! 

4909D4A7-028C-48E2-A5A0-87649768AD54.jpeg

That's great, @michelleshops !  There isn't a store near me, so I have no idea what the store/scent smells like.  I like the bottle though!  💖💖💖

X posting from Beauty News 2.0

In Largest Deal Yet, Estée Lauder to Acquire Deciem at $2.2B Valuation
In three years, Lauder plans to buy the rest of the company at a to-be-determined valuation.

DECIEM-HERO.jpg

@ZombieMetroAnt I wonder if this means the perfume line that had been planned will finally be developed and rolled out? They had the names and concepts already, it sounded so exciting!

Oh, I'd be curious to check that out @pocketvenus! Was this in addition to their Avestan line?  I remember reading they had a quiet launch, I want to say, a couple years ago but didn't hear anything else from that. 🤔

@ZombieMetroAnt Oh that's the line I meant, Avestan. Yes, they announced the line just before things went south. There were multiple fragrances in that line, but I believe ultimately only one was released in London.

RE: THE ORDINARY / DECIEM THREAD

I am new to the ordinary brand. I am loving the toner and rose hip oil. What are everyone’s thoughts on the buffet? I use toner and rose hip at night. Are there any other must haves from the ordinary brand?

THE ORDINARY / DECIEM THREAD

Has anyone recently used the "Ask DECIEM for a regimen" feature on their website? If so, how long did it take for them to respond? thanks! 🙂

DECIEM replied to my request to design me a skin regimen...

DECIEM replied to my request to design me a skin regimen 2 days after submitting it (quicker than I expected). I told them all my conditions and what products I already had and this was there response:....... Hi Chris, Thanks for reaching out to us! If you wish to incorporate multiple vitamin c, retinoid, and direct acids into your skincare regimen, we suggest using them on alternate evenings and waiting until your skin has adjusted to one before introducing another. The products that you currently own are suitable for your particular concerns. We would not recommend adding to your regimen at this time.  Please see the suggested order of application below: AM Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG “Buffet” Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA Sunscreen PM 1 Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% 100% Organic Cold Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil PM 2 Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA 100% Organic Cold Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% PM 3 Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA 100% Organic Cold Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% PM 4 The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution 100% Organic Cold Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA We recommend avoiding unprotected solar exposure, gradually incorporating one new product into your regimen at a time and applying test patches first to see what works best for your skin. For more information on how to do a test patch, please visit our Patch Test Guide on The Ordinary website. We hope this helps! If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Oh wow, @Manwitch I didn't even realize they had that feature!  Let me check it out...thanks!

My pleasure. Google should bring it right up, but you hav...

My pleasure. Google should bring it right up, but you have to look for a link towards the end of the age, and you'll have to select "Ask for help" and "I don't know what products to use" or "Tell me what products to use." Haven't heard back yet but I got a routine together on my own.

Re: My pleasure. Google should bring it right up, but you hav...

@Manwitch - I've used this feature twice, once back when I started using The Ordinary about 3 months ago, and again just a couple of days ago after buying a few new TO products for my regimen. Both times the responses came in within 3 days and similar to your experience, the responses were super detailed and helpful. Makes me love the brand even more!

Deciem Chatroom released a post that stated The Ordinary's next produce is going to be a squalene cleanser 🙂 Deciem's IG suggests a cleanser is in the works but that's it.

Also wondering if anyone's tried the Pycnogenol formula? Sounds like it's very pigmented like the Sea-Buckthorn oil

I bought it but haven't opened it yet. It does warn of st...

I bought it but haven't opened it yet. It does warn of staining

@pocketvenus Trendmood says its to be released Feb 28. Seems interesting, I might pick one up. 

Oh no....Smiley Sad 

"Brandon Truaxe, the founder of cult skin-care business Deciem, has died, according to an internal email circulated at Deciem."

deciem.PNG 

The note, which was circulated to employees on Monday, said that Truaxe passed away over the weekend and directed offices and warehouses and stores to close for the day.

Truaxe was the creative mind behind Deciem. He built the vertically-integrated multi-branded business to have a whimsical, radically transparent ethos that in ways, mimicked his own personality.

Truaxe’s behavior started to become erratic in early 2018, when he started posting business announcements to the company’s Instagram accounts. He was removed from the business via Canadian judge in October after announcing the company’s shut-down via Instagram

This is very sad. Thank you for sharing the news, @ZombieMetroAnt

Nicola Kilner, Deciem’s acting CEO, sent the following em...

Nicola Kilner, Deciem’s acting CEO, sent the following email to employees, per Vox:

"I can’t believe I am typing these words. Brandon has passed away over the weekend. Heartbroken doesn’t come close to how I, and how I know many of you will be feeling.

All offices, warehouses, factories and stores please close today and take the time to cry with sadness, smile at the good times we had, reflect on what his genius built and hug your loved ones that little harder.

We are all in disbelief and shock but I will be in touch again very soon.

I love you all incredibly much, as did he."

testing