Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE ORDINARY / DECIEM THREAD

~ Updated Dec 2nd 2018 ~

Their popularity seems to be growing and with all the their brands why not have a thread dedicated to them!

Brands under Deciem:

NIOD

Hylamide

Chemistry Brand

The Ordinary

Loopha

The Fountain

HIF

Ab Crew

Abnomaly

COMING SOON/NEWS:

Brands coming under the Deciem name:

• Halftone
    HIPPOOH
    Stencil

Re: DECIEM THREAD!!!

I'm very new to the brand but I'm beyond impressed with the results and how affordable it it .

im really enjoying the peel I've noticed a huge difference since only two applications .

i hope to try more such as the caffeine .

I just ordered a couple The Ordinary skincare items, hoping they work for meeeeee

I ordered a couple The Ordinary products from Beautylish but have yet to try them. What are your favorite products from them?

I currently have Buffet in my daily routine, 10% Azelaic Acid suspension in my every 2-3 day routine, and the Zinc + Niacinamide, Alpha Arbutin and Alpha Lipoic acid as treatments.

The Buffet I love-already on my second bottle, also love the Azelaic suspension - definitely buying a second bottle, and even though I only use the Alpha Lipoic once in awhile, my skin always looks great after. I did get a huge breakout the first time I used it back in April, but that could've been coincidence and unrelated. I only use it once every 1-2 weeks.

The Zinc + Niacinamide and Alpha Arbutin, unless I see improvements once I start using these more, I don't think I'd repurchase. Not seeing results from these products so far.

I really like their advanced 2% retinol, and their Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA for aging. Their Hyaluronic 2% + B5 is a nice lightweight moisturizer as well for the summer.

What did you order?

I use the 10% lactic acid, azelaic acid, and buffet

@ahuynhI have a few products from different lines within Deciem but not that much from The Ordinary... I think... I'm testing a lot of skin care at the moment so I'm not even sure which products I do have. Smiley Very Happy

I do like their Squalane oil. I can tell you that much Smiley Happy

Coming Soon

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 3.36.41 PM.png

Vit C 30%!!! Omg I'm still trying to work my way up to the 25%. lol. I'm very curious about the colours. Like, color correctors?

I spent a lot of time reading studies on vitamin c last year when I introduced it into my skincare routine. I've read that 20% is optimal. Going up to 30% actually lowers the absorption. But those studies were done on animals, so who knows.

See Pinnell SR, Yang H, Omar M, et al. Topical L-ascorbic acid: percutaneous absorption studies. Dermatol Surg 2001;27:137-142.

Thank you for this information, purly. My skin still can't handle the 25 on its own yet (I have to mix it with other products) so this makes me feel better about that actually.

What's with The Oridanay argan oil? Why does it have such terrible stink, plasticy and manure like at the same time? I've used many different argan oils years ago, and none of them smelled anything like this. I've read and heard many people complain about the same thing... Is this the way this oil is? Or something is wrong with it if it stinks like that? Just curious. No way I'm putting this on my face. Or hair, which is what I originally wanted it for.

It looks like a few shades of the ordinary foundations are back in stock (2.1y)

A tip for those who hate the gritty texture from The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%--mix it with a hyaluronic serum before applying! I was about to give up on my Vitamin C tube until I read and tried this tip from Gio's Beautiful with Brains blog.  

I should have thought of this earlier since I used to mix products with Philosophy's Turbo Booster C Powder and the result was never gritty. 

Spoiler
www dot beautifulwithbrains dot com/the-ordinary-vitamin-c-suspension-ha-spheres/

Lauder has acquired a minority stake in DECIEM

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 4.41.08 PM.png

I still remember what Frank said when EL bought MAC and yes, in spite of what he promised and perhaps hoped for, MAC was never the same.

I worry for Deciem.

Ugh. So tired of all this monopoly!  Thanks for the info @Mochapj Smiley Happy

I wonder if this means they'll start taking orders for the Ordinary Colors again anytime soon....

So hard to find a cruelty-free company these days that doesn't get acquired by EL (or the like) Smiley Sad

They said on their Facebook that the EL acquisition would not change their stance on animal testing, so...fingers crossed that is true.

Last update for HIF Anti-Frizz support.  I really love this product but it's sold out on their site as well as well.ca. The Bay who also carries HIF doesn't have it. I am frustrated with the brand and poor customer service.  I would purchase again and again but their lack of response just really upsets me so I decided to give another brand a shot. Also their packaging might be nice but not functional when you are at the end of the tube...  gotta keep function in mind when designing... Just very frustrated with them at this point.

@veronika23, I also contacted them regarding HIF and was told by their customer service that they are reformulating their HIF line and it will be in stock once its ready.

3 Replies