cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE ORDINARY / DECIEM THREAD

~ Updated Dec 2nd 2018 ~

Their popularity seems to be growing and with all the their brands why not have a thread dedicated to them!

Brands under Deciem:

NIOD

Hylamide

Chemistry Brand

The Ordinary

Loopha

The Fountain

HIF

Ab Crew

Abnomaly

COMING SOON/NEWS:

Brands coming under the Deciem name:

• Halftone
    HIPPOOH
    Stencil

Re: THE DECIEM THREAD

Yayyy although i didnt mind either way they have 25 min for free shipping and im si stock up on all the ordinary products that i used

I absolutely love the Ordinary. I have enjoyed every single product I've tried from their line and the brand makes up about 80% of my skincare routine now. However my gripe with them is that everything is almost always out of stock. And it's not just out of stock on their website but all across other retailers as well. I get that the company has experienced major popularity but more could be done to meet demand.

I would love to try the foundation one day and I'm glad there are two locations near me so I can pop in and try the color without ordering it blindly online 😄 ...

i tried the hyaluronic acid 2% & B5 in the summer and I kept getting breakouts 😞 so I gave up using it on my face and it's now my décolleté serum lol but I need to be careful not to apply it too high up to my chin and face or I get breakouts again.. I'm glad it's fine for my décolleté area so I don't waste the product. Gettin younger in my chest everyday haha

RE: THE DECIEM THREAD

Information about the upcoming launch of the Ordinary's Watercolors product, launching in December;

So I decided to order sculpt and drench. I tried sculpt yesterday and my first reaction was YIKES! It looks like I got punched in the face. It was swollen and red. So yeah my lips did get bigger but it was super red even the outline of my lips. I would have to do major covering up to hide it and then apply lipstick. I was even red all the way up to my nose... it was like a oval of redness around my mouth.  I'll try it again and come back with more thoughts but if you bought this try it when you have nowhere to go. You might be shocked by what you see 😄 😄 😄

How about drench ? @veronika23 i am interested on that

@mztm  so far I don't like it very much.  It's thin and liquid like.  It gets somewhat tacky for a bit and don't find my lips to be soft when applying it. I prefer the comfort of my regular balms. It does smell nice and sweet... and taste too... yes I got some in my mouth 😄

😋😋😋🤣 thanks @veronika23 maybe ill skip it i was debating bet drench or bite agave kisses set at 24$

I'm not too happy with it @mztm  Maybe you'd like the bite set better 🙂

I tried sculpt today and didn't have as wild a reaction, but it's definitely an irritant. I'm curious what the long term affects (they claim) will look like. 

Thanks! I had a feeling irritation would be the reason the lips plump.  Unless anyone else has a review?

Wow!!! I'm surprised you had such a reaction to it.  I ordered it Wednesday but still waiting for the delivery.  I'm going to be very very careful!  

@jeannie11@sarahshter. The second time was better.  Less red. It's tingles for a few minutes and it does plump and it was less red but still some.  More trials are needed 😄

RE: THE DECIEM THREAD

Another new brand ESHO (lips)

Re: RE: THE DECIEM THREAD

Just got the email lol. Curious...

Skincare-addict me has already ordered Sculpt. More room for lipstick, yes please!

Would love to know your thoughts when it arrives! 🙂

I've been using the brand for a few weeks now and I was so confused at first but then I found these three blog posts that really helped so maybe they will help you too:

https://detailorientedbeauty.com/2017/09/19/the-ordinary-how-to-create-a-skincare-routine/

https://detailorientedbeauty.com/2017/06/29/the-ordinary-a-recommended-routine-for-every-skin-type/

https://detailorientedbeauty.com/2017/06/11/the-ordinary-the-complete-27-product-review/

The first post was the most helpful because I had no idea how to use the stuff in a routine and then the recommendations have so far been working well.

I started using The Ordinary products after hearing about it from some YouTubers. As predicted, I moved to their higher end products, Niod, While the Niod products are expensive compared to The Ordinary, they are quite affordable when you compare them to the luxury brands. I'm a product junkie and have tried many brands, from the luxury to more reasonable priced brands. And to be quite honest, I love the Niod products much more. I have the LVCE, CAIS, MMHC, FECC, NEC, HV, Pigment and Survival 0. I love them all except for the MMHC. I don't see much of a difference with it. Will use up the bottle, but probably won't repurchase.

For The Ordinary, I have Buffet, niacinamide, Alpha Aburtin, and Retinol 2%. I haven't noticed much of a change to my skin after a couple of months of using these products. So I switched to the Niod products.

The biggest difference I've noticed in using the NIOD products is that my skin is more balanced, no more oiliness. And it's pump and firm. I might consider giving up my moisturizer in the long term. I have heard some of the reviewers say that they don't need to use a moisturizer anymore because their skin is more balanced and moisturized. I don't use foundation, but a tinted moisturizer with little coverage and my skin is glowing.

Color me impressed. I never really got what the hype for the Ordinary was, but on a whim I ordered the ordinary serum foundation since what I guessed my shade to be was in stock. And wow for $6 i am super impressed. For everyday I only need  low-medium coverage and this foundation is as light weight as a bb cream and really evens out my skin tone. I don't need fancy packaging if it works and honestly I'd rather pay less. 

I would love if they came out with a bb/cc cream! 

IMG_1941.PNG

Their foundations are great for the price, great coverage!! At the end of the day my face wasn't oily at all.

testing