cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE ORDINARY / DECIEM THREAD

~ Updated Dec 2nd 2018 ~

Their popularity seems to be growing and with all the their brands why not have a thread dedicated to them!

Brands under Deciem:

NIOD

Hylamide

Chemistry Brand

The Ordinary

Loopha

The Fountain

HIF

Ab Crew

Abnomaly

COMING SOON/NEWS:

Brands coming under the Deciem name:

• Halftone
    HIPPOOH
    Stencil

Re: DECIEM THREAD!!!

@m26430 -- I use Buffet in the morning and haven't noticed pilling under my spf. Do you use a physical or chemical sunscreen?

@jeannie11 Thanks for your reply. The sunscreen I noticed the pilling under was the Face + Neck Face Factor 30 Broad Spectrum SPF 30. I believe this is a physical sunscreen due to the zinc oxide. What sunscreen works best for you?

I am now addicted to their serum foundation!! And its only $7 which is crazy!

Anyone else loving it??

I've tried both Serum and Coverage, and even though I tend to like sheer to medium coverage formulations, I prefer their Coverage foundation. It wears better for me, as I found Serum seemed to settle into my pores and around my nose over time. Coverage can be sheered out to provide the amount of, well, coverage I need, too, and it looks seamless even if I only apply to uneven areas. 

Per Really Ree it looks like the next cosmetic product coming is also a foundation - Matte Watercolor Pore Minimizing:

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 9.32.03 AM.png

This should be interesting. Water-based instead of Silicone-based. I really, really like their current Coverage formulation, as my skin tends to look best with silicone foundations, but I'd like to try this.

Just read on Allure: "Deciem to Open Store Locations in the United States"

11.JPG

Spoiler
For lovers of all things beauty, there's definitely one company that is high on the list of important names to know, and that would be Deciem. With an array of popular skincare brands like The Ordinary and The Chemistry Brand, Deciem has definitely set a gold standard within the industry, and it's safe to say that they've becoming something of a cult favorite within the past year. There's always been just one problem — all of their stores are located outside the United States...until now, that is.

According to the company's Instagram, Deciem will be opening several new locations, including a bunch of U.S.-based stores. The near future will bring IRL-shopping experiences to Deciem customers in New York City and Miami, with San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Chicago to follow. The company also announced future stores in London, Vancouver, Manchester, Madrid, Amsterdam, Berlin, Hong Kong, and more cities.

In addition to their list of upcoming store locations, Deciem shared a quick recap of how much they've accomplished within the past year. "Last July, we opened our very first store in Toronto," they wrote. "Our 12th store is due to open in London's Covent Garden Market late next week."

For the shoppers who live in one of the aforementioned locations, Deciem has just one important message for you: "It would be really mean if we are close to you and you don't come in for a hug." Of course, if you're not close by, you can always continue shopping on their website. Hopefully there will be stores in every major city within a few years — and at this rate? We wouldn't be surprised.

@veronika23 has this been posted?  

@ZombieMetroAntdon't think so. Thanks 🙂

FYI I called Beautylish and they will be receiving the full line of the Ordinary's foundation (which is supposed to be awesome). I'm looking forward to that 🙂

I'm very new to the brand but I'm beyond impressed with the results and how affordable it it .

im really enjoying the peel I've noticed a huge difference since only two applications .

i hope to try more such as the caffeine .

I just ordered a couple The Ordinary skincare items, hoping they work for meeeeee

I ordered a couple The Ordinary products from Beautylish but have yet to try them. What are your favorite products from them?

I currently have Buffet in my daily routine, 10% Azelaic Acid suspension in my every 2-3 day routine, and the Zinc + Niacinamide, Alpha Arbutin and Alpha Lipoic acid as treatments.

The Buffet I love-already on my second bottle, also love the Azelaic suspension - definitely buying a second bottle, and even though I only use the Alpha Lipoic once in awhile, my skin always looks great after. I did get a huge breakout the first time I used it back in April, but that could've been coincidence and unrelated. I only use it once every 1-2 weeks.

The Zinc + Niacinamide and Alpha Arbutin, unless I see improvements once I start using these more, I don't think I'd repurchase. Not seeing results from these products so far.

I really like their advanced 2% retinol, and their Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA for aging. Their Hyaluronic 2% + B5 is a nice lightweight moisturizer as well for the summer.

What did you order?

I use the 10% lactic acid, azelaic acid, and buffet

@ahuynhI have a few products from different lines within Deciem but not that much from The Ordinary... I think... I'm testing a lot of skin care at the moment so I'm not even sure which products I do have. 😄

I do like their Squalane oil. I can tell you that much 🙂

Coming Soon

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 3.36.41 PM.png

Vit C 30%!!! Omg I'm still trying to work my way up to the 25%. lol. I'm very curious about the colours. Like, color correctors?

I spent a lot of time reading studies on vitamin c last year when I introduced it into my skincare routine. I've read that 20% is optimal. Going up to 30% actually lowers the absorption. But those studies were done on animals, so who knows.

See Pinnell SR, Yang H, Omar M, et al. Topical L-ascorbic acid: percutaneous absorption studies. Dermatol Surg 2001;27:137-142.

Thank you for this information, purly. My skin still can't handle the 25 on its own yet (I have to mix it with other products) so this makes me feel better about that actually.

What's with The Oridanay argan oil? Why does it have such terrible stink, plasticy and manure like at the same time? I've used many different argan oils years ago, and none of them smelled anything like this. I've read and heard many people complain about the same thing... Is this the way this oil is? Or something is wrong with it if it stinks like that? Just curious. No way I'm putting this on my face. Or hair, which is what I originally wanted it for.

testing