cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE ORDINARY / DECIEM THREAD

~ Updated Dec 2nd 2018 ~

Their popularity seems to be growing and with all the their brands why not have a thread dedicated to them!

Brands under Deciem:

NIOD

Hylamide

Chemistry Brand

The Ordinary

Loopha

The Fountain

HIF

Ab Crew

Abnomaly

COMING SOON/NEWS:

Brands coming under the Deciem name:

• Halftone
    HIPPOOH
    Stencil

Re: DECIEM THREAD!!!

I also ordered the AHA/BHA and next on my list are the Paula's Choice and Pixi dupes. I used the AHA/BHA once already and I liked it. Honestly, the warnings that are on the bottle and on the website (for professional use only, etc.) scared me a little, even though I have used acids before & have never had a problem with them. I have never used the Drunk Elephant that it is supposed to be a dupe of, though, so I can't compare the two.

I know what you mean about the "foaming" of the salicylic acid. Another serum I bought from them does that, but I can't remember which one. At first I thought I was applying too much but even when I use less, it still does it. It's kind of weird. I don't mind dealing with it for the price difference between The Ordinary and the Paula's Choice (provided they work the same) :).

Really interested in the Mast Must. Has anyone tried this yet? I understand it appears to minimize pores, but I'm also curious how well it works as a morning Cleanser. 

Can't beat their price for Squalene! It's in my cart, still waiting to place an order. Just trying to whittle it down a bit. If the products actually do the job, the prices are unreal! Lots of products without silicone too, which is a big selling point to me. 

Hey @pixiedust2! I tried the mastic must a handful of times last fall and each time it ended up clogging my pores terribly and causing a ton of congestion. It had a very viscous texture and tbh I didn't see a ton of pore minimizing.

@Mochapj Well this is disheartening 😂 Thanks so much for replying! This definitely gives me pause.  I have enough issues with clogged pores as it is. 

The Ordinary products have quickly become my favorite skincare products (minus the Vitamin C suspension) and I use them in my daily routine. I've noticed an overall difference in skin texture and brightness. I love the simplicity of the products because I can mix and match whatever I need to form a cocktail and/or mix certain serums into my moisturizer. 🙂

Why not the vit c suspension? I ordere it today in hoping to replace CEO ...

Hi @myumew please list your products used in your step by step routine am and pm -thanks, im new to this brand and have ordered a lit to try

@mztm Similar to what gothamista on YouTube experienced (I highly recommend you to check out her reviews on this line!), I felt that the Vitamin C suspension was unpleasant to use due to its gritty texture and the burning sensation that it gave. Maybe your skin will like it, but I chose to give up on it because it stung too much. I use the Drunk Elephant Vitamin C serum now. I love that it has vitamin E as well.

AM (in order): Son & Park Beauty Water, Erborian Yuza Double Lotion, Drunk Elephant C-Firma, Belif Aqua Bomb, Nivea Water Gel sunscreen.

PM: Beauty Water, Missha TFE, The Ordinary's Niacinamide serum, Alpha Arbutin serum, Belif Moisture Bomb with The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid serum.

I just ordered their Advanced Retinoid 2% and Lactic Acid 5%. 

Btw my skin type is combination (mostly dry nose area) and acne prone than most. 

I've been using products from The Ordinary for a couple of months now and I love them. My favourites are the advanced retinol, vit c suspension, and the lactic acid 10%. The niacinamide, alpha-arbutin, and azelaic acid are also in my rotation. My main skin goal is reducing hyperpigmentation from old acne and I've been seeing good results

I want to try the 7% glycolic acid toner and the 2% BHA treatment next. It's also a bonus that they're based in Canada so my orders arrive pretty fast. 🙂 Their prices don't make this student's wallet cry either. A skincare lover's dream come true!

Sephora sells some of these brands? I can't find them?

i love the niod copper serum, and am

much happier with the non-refrigerated formula 🙂 Although the cold serum was nice in summer.

Just started using the ordinary's retinoid product - love love love. Will definitely repurchase and will be trying a couple of their other products with my next order!

Beautylish has started to sell this line (or will be very soon as they had early access a week ago) @Zpsid91 also ASOS has it as well for America. I know our lovely Canadians ladies can purchase it at another place as well (I just don't remember the name of the store sorry). 🙂

@niki172- I order directly from Deciem - they are easy to work with.

I am still confused as to Sephora selling them? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere and t doesn't say Sephora is a retailer on their website....( I will continue to purchase through Deciem)

@Zpsid91 It's Sephora Canada that carries some of the products from Hylamide, NIOD, and Fountain

I couldn't find them, either. I was thinking maybe it is Sephora in Canada that has them?

I tried the Hylamide SubQ Anti Age and did not see any results (used entire bottle, 2x/day); I was disappointed because the cost is amazing.  I'm interested in the Ordinary niacinamide, though.  I think it's definitely great if one of the products is useful, but when I added up the cost of all the products (that come in my current serum), the cost was exactly the same ($85).  FWIW, I am trying out Nuface smoothing serum.  I have been using it 2 weeks and so far I have seen results.

I've been using The Ordinary vitamin c suspension 23% + ha spheres 2% for a couple weeks now. So far, I'm impressed! I use it 2-3x per week in the evening.

It is gritty when you apply it (it has powder in it), and I find it does cause a tingling sensation at first. 

I tend to have a hard time with Vitamin C products (a lot of have them have irritated my skin early on) but I haven't had any issues at all with this one. 

I noticed just a couple days ago that I could see a difference in my skin - more even-toned and brighter. It seems to work well with my regular routine.

I have the Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA on its way to me, to test out next.

Next on my list to pick up: the salicylic acid 2% solution (I want to compare it to my HG standard PC 2% liquid). 

Oh, and I have tried some of The Fountain too. It hasn't been long enough for me to form any sort of opinion.

This morning, I used The Ordinary's 23% Vit C serum. I've been using DE's one, which has been fine. I'm new to Vit C, so I have very little to compare it to. My first thought is that I'm happy there is Hyaluronic Acid in it! A little bit of moisture doesn't hurt! My second thought was it was gritty. It has little bits of grit in it. I applied it, waited several minutes before I put on my other skincare. My initial fear was makeup and how that would work out. I haven't put on makeup yet- probably won't today, but my skin doesn't appear to still have lingering grit on it, so I think I'm ok. 

Oooh, thanks for the introduction V Heart  Love expanding my makeup horizons!

I placed my first order last week. It arrives Monday and I can't wait to try these products! This brands lines have been on my radar for a while but I finally decided to take the plunge and try them out. 

Hi, @veronika23!  I've not heard of this company so checked out their website.  Their products look interesting.  I look forward to what others have to say!

@Titian06  I am fairly new to the brand.. I've bought a few things from The Ordinary/Hylamide and HIF and currently trying them.  The prices are good though so that's a plus.  I've also heard/read that their brand The Chemistry brand is very popular in Europe.  It's mostly hand/body but people have been using their hand chemistry cream as a face cream. I pretty sure I read this and @Mochapj told me. She knows a lot about the brand.  I'm waiting for a set to come back in stock so I can try it 😄

testing