cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

Formerly known as: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

A place to discuss new, indie and not so talked about brands. There's a few brands I'd like to know more about but didn't want to start a thread for each so decided to start a thread for all those brands that we don't often hear about.

Tags:

Re: THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

@haleyvvvv I know! I've seen so many smaller youtubers use them and recommend the quality. I have enough mattes so I haven't bit the bullet but I'm interested.

Great amazon lightning deal on the Palace Identity Lipsticks 

7_08ae9515-c3fb-4f5b-a43d-5749ee11cbef_1400x.jpegScreen Shot 2022-01-11 at 11.19.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-11 at 11.22.57 PM.png

Give Me Glow cosmetics - specifically the Christmas Morning palette. I can't find a mention of them on here! I scrolled back to August 2018 and didn't see anything.

I have their Juicy Olive palette and some singles - I was hoping that someone could tell me their experience with the Christmas Morning palette. It was recently restocked, and I'm waffling.

The initial IG barrage of this palette years ago grabbed me, and I can't seem to let it go. I am going to grab the Vintage Rose and Grunge palettes when they restock, and was wondering if Christmas Morning was anything special.

Quarantine has sparked an Indie interest in me, and I also discovered Menagerie Cosmetics - that's another new-to-me love!

TIA!!

I've been wanting that palette as well... I think they had re-released it just before Christmas last year and I would have bought that day it if it hadn't sold out in like 10 seconds lol 🙂 Their eyeshadows are awesome... I have around 30 individual shadows from the brand and I haven't even gotten around to using them all yet! I have been fortunate to grow a very nice collection of indy eyeshadows and it has kinda stopped me from purchasing much of anything, especially the past few months... although I did buy Pastel Pup from Menagerie.. and I have absolutely zero regrets 😄

Nabla is now at Ulta! 😮

Screenshot_20190726-000148.png

@RGbrown Thank you for posting! my birthday $10 code expires in a few days, and I was sure it was going to go unused! I really enjoy all the products I've purchased from Nabla (eye shadows, blushes, lip products), and this gives me an easy excuse to try more. Hopefully the Soul Blooming palette arrives on Ulta before the end of the month - that's the one I've been eyeing!

@fiercestpoodle 

You're welcome! I'm hoping Ulta gets more as well; I'd love to try their eyeshadow, but neither palette screams my name quite yet. Fingers crossed! 🤞

Lunatick Cosmetics Lab 25% off with code FOURTHBEWITHU20190704_114032.jpg

RE: THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

I recently received an order from a company called alter ego, pic below. I’m a little conflicted as they only have two items and they are both clearly dupes of higher end products, but at the end of the day I like the colors and they perform pretty well (though not nearly as well as the real deal ND Gold palette) so I guess there’s that 🤷‍♀️. While I still plan to one day buy the actual gold palette, it probably won’t be in my budget for several years if I want to pay off my student loans and etc. so this was great for keeping the FOMO at bay and it cost like $20

Looxi Beauty's birthday sale - $2.50 eyeshadows & $3.75 highlighter pans... ends Sunday, June 30th 😉

slide_3_1024x1024.jpg

Two of my recent favourite palettes were from Menagerie Cosmetics.  I bought both the Feral and Dragon Child palettes plus two liquid lip shades.  The liquid lipsticks were great.  Not cakey, crumbley or over drying.  

Starfish and Armadillo lipshadesStarfish and Armadillo lipshadesFeral paletteFeral palette

Well this took me about 30 seconds to go buy

nomad.jpgharajuku.jpgNC_PS_TOHAP-3_1024x1024.jpgNC_PS_TOHAP-4_1024x1024.jpg

soooo pretty!

soooo pretty!

@KaitTheKatfish 😍🤤 those colors look absolutely stunnni...

@KaitTheKatfish 😍🤤 those colors look absolutely stunnninnnnnggggg. Pastels have always been my favorite.

I was just coming to post this! I just got this today and it is SO CUTE! My bf heard me say that I don't want to mess up the kitties and he told me to buy another one hahaha 🙂

@Yuumei @KaitTheKatfish  this is sooooo cute! ( of course) .. How do they swatch?? How’s the pigment??

It's so pretty I don't want to touch it... what do I do? I'm having such a hard time with this... I don't think I've EVER been so protective of an embossment before LOL 😄

Kaleidos Makeup... Futurism Set... $59 w/free shipping, or $24 each. Pans are on the smaller side... a tiny bit larger than Colourpop palettes pan sizes if you're familiar. These are also magnetic so you could switch the shades around if you like 🙂 

SET_FINAL_800x.png

Deep Sea Luster Palette.. $42 and also gorgeous. This one has standard size pans, not small travel size like the set... and NOT magnetic just so you know (I was so sure that it would be that I busted one of my shadows trying to tap them out lol )

3-s_1722174e-96d1-43d9-982a-9eb369a9fde6_1024x.jpg

I ended up ordering all of these palettes and just got my second shipment... these are so beautiful I felt compelled to share... have a great day everyone!

Gorgeous @Yuumei ❤️ I love that middle one.  I’ve seen it used and love those shades.  

RE: Re: THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

@Yuumei these are so cool! Do you happen to have pics of swatches/ what’s your opinion on performance?

Re: RE: Re: THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

Just thought I'd share the next palette I started playing with... again these shadows are SO nice! I had busted one shade in the bottom corner so I re-pressed it with the help of rubbing alcohol and it performs just like the rest... considering it was a matte shade I am super impressed! I swatched the shades I've been using to give you an idea, every formula/texture is easy to use and super beautiful 🙂

IMG_20190608_153346.jpgIMG_20190608_153155.jpg

testing