cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

Formerly known as: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

A place to discuss new, indie and not so talked about brands. There's a few brands I'd like to know more about but didn't want to start a thread for each so decided to start a thread for all those brands that we don't often hear about.

Tags:

Re: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

🙂

I received the last indie rainbow highlight I ordered today, from Phees Makeup Shop in England 

its pretty but it had a bit of loose powder fallout in transit (hence the palm of the hand mega swatch)

image.jpeg

Nice! Do they have an Etsy shop too? I think I was looking at that one.

@veronika23 They might, I'm not sure.

i ordered it from her direct site because they had a % off the first order.

which is fine because based on the condition it arrived in, I wouldn't order from her again, lol

That's too bad 😞 Did you write her? Also good to know you wouldn't purchase again. Pretty but if they all come that way 😞

I did.  I'm waiting to hear back from her.

I wrote her last week too because my tracking number # was for someone's shipment to an address in AZ so I figured mine hadn't been sent or something.  I was pretty surprised when it showed up today.

Really? Wow.  It's the same shop at what I was looking at on Etsy. I wrote to her and she never replied so I hope she does reply to your message @Mochapj

She replied to my post on IG yesterday @veronika23 but she hasn't actually contacted me privately for my mailing info 😞

Is she sending you a new one @Mochapj?

@veronika23 she said there was a bad batch and she'd be replacing them but she has no idea who I am based on my IG, so we'll see 

Oh oh ok. Gotcha. Well I sure hope she'll be replacing it!

That's mighty purdy @Mochapj 😮

I can't wait to see/her how it wears!

Some more photos of my other love luxe highlights

what unicorns are made of

image.jpeg

what mermaids are made of

image.jpeg

And my thoughts on both: 

-what unicorns are made of is very pigmented, but even applying it with a fan brush I had to spend a lot of time blending it out.  That much blending ended up making the overall highlight color white.  I'll need some more tests with this to make it work as a 'rainbow'

- what mermaids are made of is a more flattering green highlight than the standalone green one (mermaid water).  The same iridescence is there, but it looks less like a bruise and more like a really cool oil slick sort of sheen.  

@Mochapj what eyeshadow are you wearing in the top pic? It's stunning!!

Thanks @flonkerton that would be the new lagoon mermaid eye color from chantecaille 😉

Good to know! Thanks 🙂  The first one doesn't look white in the pic though... well not like super white. It's pretty.

Yeah, it's definitely not super white like a BECCA Pearl - it's more like the color of actual light reflecting if that makes any sense.  

It looks like natural highlight without much pigmentation to it once it is blended.

Both of these are captured really well in the picture which is not always easy. It's sometime very hard to capture a highlighter to make it show.

I can see what you are saying about the What are the unicorns made of though Mermaids one looks very pretty on you.

On a side note, the names of the highlighters sound like the kids rhyme, which my little one keep singing to irritate her brother 😃

Thanks @fatimamummy - I realized the trick to getting a highlight on camera is to sit in front of a light source when I take the photo 😉

I like both, but I think I prefer Mermaids too!

LOL, your little one sounds like fun!

New shadows (pic 1) and palette (pic 2) from City Color Cosmetics

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 7.37.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-01 at 7.37.51 PM.png

Ooh that suntan ❤️

10 Replies
testing