cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

Formerly known as: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

A place to discuss new, indie and not so talked about brands. There's a few brands I'd like to know more about but didn't want to start a thread for each so decided to start a thread for all those brands that we don't often hear about.

Tags:

Re: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

Anyone ever tried Suva Beauty? Just look at these colors!!!

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 8.25.53 PM.png

I just went on about how much I love SUVA on this post and then noticed this 🙂

I'm so interested in this brand...hoping they have some kind of discount this weekend!  LOL

I placed an order for one of their eyeshadow quads last week. These pictured are their Hydra Liners (I didn't get any though). I'll be happy to swatch and report back when I get my quad 🙂 Im a huge indie fan, so I have a nice ever growing Indie collection 🙂

@nik6543 did you get your order? Thoughts?

@nik6543 what are your favorite indie brands/items?

Love this thread!

I have so many lol! I'm more of an eyeshadow junkie, so most of my indie purchases are shadows. Strobe Cosmetics is amazing (Sea of Ghosts is stunning and my favorite single), Melt Cosmetics Stacks are beautiful (but to some people the packaging is too bulky) I have heard their lipsticks are very drying, so I have not bought any. I know the Violet Voss palettes are getting hyped up, but I love them! Looxi Beauty OMG her Aurora Collection and new Precious Metals collection are stunning (she is doing a restock on the 6th), Saucebox has amazing shadows as well, but usually their palettes are LE. They have a new Vegan quad for pre-order now. Juvias Place holy moly their two palettes are stunning and such great quality. My latest amazing find is Nabla Cosmetics. They are an Italian indie brand and I got 11 shadows of theirs and they are stunning. They have a YT channel where they swatched their latest collection (it was from December I believe). I can probably ramble on more and more lol, but thats def some of my top picks 🙂 

thanks! This is awesome to know. It's hard to know how things actually perform with all the instagram hype.

Feel free to ramble....

Thanks!!! Appreciated.

Thanks! I love talking about Indie brands, so sometimes I get a little too excited haha! I forgot to mention Sugarpill! I have on of their LE palette and I want to snag the permanent Sparkle Baby one. Soon they are coming out with single pans (they had them at IMATS for sale already), so I will def be grabbing some of them. Velvet 59 has some nice shadows. I have their Exotic Lotus palette and only one shade was a dud. I just got in my first Zoeva order and the shadows seem very promising, but I have to test them out. LunatiCK Cosmetics has some amazing items as well. I have their contour palette, but I consider it more a face palette (their whole site is 20% off for Mothers Day with the promo code MOMSROCK). I have a list in my head of all the companies I want to try and I just slowly chip away at it 😉 I know I have some more brands that I cant think off the top of my head though lol! 

OMG @nik6543. Thanks for all this info! I'll have to re-read all and look up some swatches to see if something catches my eye. Also thanks for reporting back when you get the Suva. I have a long list of items I'd like to purchase from them but the ones I am really after are those Hydra Liners... Apparently the more water you use the better 🙂

@nik6543 So many options!  Appreciated!!!  Now, how to choose?  If you think of any others or if you have a "must get" please let me know!

No one tried this brand???

No...I don't think I recognize any of these brands.  I'd be interested in reviews of them though.

I did get some of the City Color shimmer shadows... so I'll try and post at some point.  Hoping to find out if someone has used heard more about Suva Beauty. Those neon colors are calling my name! lol

Anyone ever tried or know about Fairy Girl Cosmetics?

Some pretty lipstick swatches from Fairy Girl Cosmetics... No one has tried this brand before?

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 8.52.33 AM.png

Anyone tried City Color shimmer shadows? Temptalia has some nice swatches... here are a few below

Beach Cottage

citycolor_beachcottage005.jpg

Hint of Mint

citycolor_hintofmint005.jpg

Pharaoh

citycolor_pharaoh005.jpg

Hint of Mint is beautiful!

I think some of these are supposed to be dupes/similar to KVD Metal Crush?

Oh these are gorgeous!  Have you tried them?  I'll have to read up on this brand. 

1,033 Replies
testing