Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Smashbox Discussion Thread

Didn't see a Smashbox thread so I figured I'd start one.  I've been scouring the internet for any reviews of the smashbox triple tone lipsticks that just released but I can't find any.  I did find that HSN is doing a deal for the triple tone lipsticks in the red and nude shade.  For the cost of one of the triple tone lipsticks you get another full sized lipstick in a similar shade free. 

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

sbx_prod_50982_875x773_0.jpgsbx_prod_50982_875x773_1.jpg

Re: Smashbox Discussion Thread

Smashbox Crystalized Shimmer Drops - coming soon - Highlighter posted below is part of the same collection

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 12.31.40 PM.png

New highlighter Opti-Mystic - coming soon

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 6.33.03 AM.png

Squee! Be still my beating heart...it's finally here! Up at Smashbox direct...I haven't seen it at Ulta yet and haven't checked Sephora, but I'm just happy to see it available *anywhere*! 😍😍😍😍😍

Cover Shot Ultra Violet20180918_CoverShots_UltraViolet_02.gif

Ok @RGbrown. That’s pretty frickin’ beautiful. I might need to look into that one!

@jozkidUnidentified

Isn't it just gorgeous?? There's very little I've seen coming that speaks to me, but this is practically screaming "buy me now!". I'm trying to bide my time for the right promo or gwp or sale or *something* in the way of a deal, but this baby will be mine! 

As someone who tries to be careful with my purchases @RGbrown, I can honestly say I have never seen a collection of purples like this and therefore I give you my permission. Because I know you’ve been waiting for that. 😁. And I’m trying to rationalize it myself. 

@jozkidUnidentified

Well, I definitely reciprocate the kindness, and wholeheartedly pass along my permission to you 😁😁

I'm looking at the Bold Glitter one as well, and I think those two will make my eyeshadow collection complete, forever and ever, amen. Never thought I'd see that day 😯

Yeah right! 😅😅😅

I didn't know I was missing this in my life, but I am completely in awe. I haven't even let myself buy Pinks + Palms yet, but now I'm making plans for this one too 😅💛 Up at Ulta!Screenshot_20180729-004208.png

Heck, while I'm here, there are a few other recent Cover Shot releases. The first three are at both Ulta and Sephora, while the last one seems to be Sephora (and Smashbox direct) exclusive. I'd ask if anyone can guess which one I want but for one thing, it's too easy and for another, it seems I'm the only one that remembers this thread exists 😅😅😅

Screenshot_20180729-011819.png

Screenshot_20180729-011918.png

😍😍😍 must try to resist. probably going to fail though.

😍😍😍 must try to resist. probably going to fail though.

Thanks for posting @RGbrown!  I saw that top one (with the yellow) in an email recently but couldn't find it anywhere at the time. I thought maybe they had photoshopped one 😄

No problem! @veronika23Unidentified

That yellow came out of nowhere for me, and I'm a bit shocked at how badly I want it 😍

Hahaha @RGbrown  I'm a bit shocked at how much I am considering this as well. 😄

I've been eyeing that major metals one. The colors looks gorgeous, but I mostly prefer to swatch palettes in person before I buy them, and I haven't gotten a chance to swatch it.

I will say I have been pleasantly surprised by these palettes. I got sultry and ablaze with the highlighter trio last fall. The colors apply nicely for me, and they are really great for traveling.

The sunlit palette is very intriguing. I feel like it's so rare to get nice yellows in most palettes. I'm very curious how they'll look on the eyes. @RGbrown

@snoflakefaerieUnidentified

I have the Smoky one, and completely forgot just how stellar their formula is until I pulled it out a couple of weeks ago. I definitely want more (even though I have so many palettes that some only get used once or twice a year lol). 

Yellow is a scary color for eyeshadow to me, but these look nice...I think the mustardy tone to them will be good. And of course I'm drawn to that teal and the dark blue as well. ❣️

I am so stinking excited that the new Cover Shot Pinks & Palms finally made it to Ulta! It's just about the first palette this year I've been truly enchanted with, and it will be mine eventually. Now to impatiently wait patiently for the next Smashbox coupon or 20% 😅Screenshot_20180504-184456.png

This will definitely look gorgeous on you, @RGbrown!

The new Vlada collection is up at Ulta!

(Someone goofed though...it's listed under the brand MAC 😅😅😅)Screenshot_20180413-004218.png

Screenshot_20180413-004206.png

Screenshot_20180413-004157.png

Thought I'd post my own lip swatch of Rust Fund here...

I like these, but they're not comparable to their matte Always On and I've tried better metallics.

This one was not completely opaque so was a tiny bit streaky with one layer. I needed a second layer to get to the opacity I wanted. They do take a bit of time to dry down, and 2 hours later when I press my lips together it's still not completely set.

I like the colour though, and they are better than the Colourpop Metallics which are more like a gloss, but they're not better than the NYX Metallic mattes that I really, really like.

Smashbox Always On - Rust Fund (metallic)Smashbox Always On - Rust Fund (metallic)

@k617 please be a lipstick model 

Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 151 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos24
  • sbx_prod_50982_875x773_1.jpg
  • Capture.PNG
  • sbx_prod_50982_875x773_0.jpg
  • IMG_6285.PNG
  • 20171118_Smashcash_Holiday17_FriendsAndFamily.gif
  • Smashbox Always On - Rust Fund (metallic)
  • Screenshot_20180413-004218.png
testing