Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Sephora loyalty program sucks

I’m just curious if anyone else is over shopping at Sephora? I’m so disappointed. I have been Rouge for the last few years and every year it just seems like less and less incentive to shop at this store. Even the sales are not good sales considering how much the prices are marked up. I have a hard time redeeming any points for a 100 point reward, nevermind anything more substantial. I saw a pilot to redeem points for cash towards purchases but I find it silly that you would pretty much have to spend $335 just to get enough points to redeem for $10 off (again, that barely covers the difference in price over local competitors). On that note, I wonder how they can even sell things for more. I thought the brands set the prices but 99 percent of the items at sephora can be found direct from the brand, or competitor for less. Honestly Sephora, you are going to be underwater soon if you don’t change things around to make your customers feel appreciated and become competitive within the market again. Paying $60 for a makeup application by someone who isn’t even a certified makeup artist is criminal.

Re: Sephora loyalty program sucks

@mrskmm 

The Rouge benefits have gone all the way downhill, especially starting this year.  The only perk these days are just the free shipping.

They used to give us a Rouge tier gift every year which they no longer give out.

My absolute favorite perk of being a Rouge was the free unlimited makeovers.

I've heard that Nordstrom has a much better rewards program so I'll be switching to that.

I got burned big time yesterday by Sephora's Rouge $100 Reward. The 4% reward for spending purchasing $2,500 worth of products from them. After choosing $100 worth of products online, I decided at the last minute to add an additional one and pay for the difference with my AMEX card. It was a Rodin Olio Lusso face oil, orange blossom and geranium, for $95. Highly rated, several reviewers rhapsodized about the scent. When the order arrived I was surprised to find that the oil smelled nothing like orange blossom and geranium. Stopped by a Sephora store to return it and was only given $47 back! I was told that even though that product was purchased above and beyond the $100 reward, since it was part of the SAME order, I was only going to get 50% back, per Rouge Reward policy. So Sephora stole $47.50 from me, a decades long high spending Rouge member. I called Customer Service and they apologized but said that was their policy. Strangely, the Olio Lusso face oil is no longer featured on their website. Thanks Sephora, you might take a page from Nordstrom and other high quality retailers who would never treat their loyal customers with such disdain. I'll take my dollars elsewhere from here on out. 

Sephora loyalty program sucks

I've certainly taken the vast majority of my business elsewhere. Their 'free Rouge 3-day shipping' takes a week or better to get here (WV). I had an order take 2 months to arrive, and when I finally called customer service about it, they were less than helpful and didn't care. Eventually the order did arrive before the 3 month mark. The last 2 palettes I've ordered from Sephora were poorly packaged and arrived broken. I was removed from the mailing list last fall, which has been happening to a lot of Rouge members; I've read if you whine and plead and beg you can get back on, but I'm good thanks. They never have anything worth redeeming in the points store (it all goes into Play! boxes), but when they do there's only 1 available, and it's as you said, 'Hunger Games'. I was actually able to redeem 3 of the $100 GC last year, which was great - I thought we might finally start getting some incentives to shop here again! No; it's since been changed to only $25 GC for just as many points. I buy anything I can at Ulta now; I've already earned and spent several hundred dollars in free cash via their point system, which is way better than fighting for Sephora's once a year GC's. And because they offer so many 'gift with purchase' options, I've received so much free crap from them - everything from samples, to candles, and even a nice bathrobe! Sephora is content to horde their freebies and make you buy them via their Play! subscriptions. Unfortunately Ulta doesn't carry luxary brands; I wish they would, but I don't think they ever will because of the way their point system works. But brand websites have been pretty good about offering sales and incentives/freebies. I still do SOME shopping here, but only as the last resort. They do add up, which still push me into Rouge status eventually. Not that Rouge means anything here anymore.
Anonymous Insider

AMEN!!!

sephora is going to lose business big time with the way they treat customers 

RE: Sephora loyalty program sucks

I am, due to a few things. The rewards program keeps getting worse, the limitations of amount of good items in the rewards bizarre and the Hunger Games style of obtaining one (like the elusive 100 gc, a tonight adds the cherry on top. I bought an item two weeks ago today, it’s now on sale for a large discount. They will NOT give me a price adjustment, even with the difference in store credit or a GC. Which would end up being spent at Sephora, because duh store credit. Right, Nordstrom and Beautylish or the brand websites it is.

Omg that totally sucks for sure. I HATE when that happens. But yet if you were to rebuy and return the other one then they would likely allow it which is a waste of everyone’s time and product! They absolutely should have a price adjustment policy. Especially since a sale is so rare anyways! But you’re right. There are other stores out there that appreciate our business!
7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 37 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing