Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

If you are a fan obsessed or just a beauty lover curious about Diptyque, come on over! I thought this would be a fun place to share your thoughts, collections, decorating ideas, questions about the fabulous world of Diptyque.

I started out with one candle, the Beverly Hills candle-which is so fabulous-I'll post a picture of it tomorrow-thinking I was crazy to buy a $70 candle. Yes, it's crazy-crazy good! I've since collected 2 or 3 more and purchased a perfume. This week I got my first body care item, the satin body oil. I really love everything from Diptyque.

So let's discuss 🙂 One question I have is how do you get the inside cleaned out so you can use the jars for pretty collections like I see a lot of on social media?

Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

Thank you!  I love the 10ml perfumes! 

They're so great aren't they? I have L'hombre dans l'eau. It will last me forever. 10ml is a very generous size..

Yes it is!  I have Do Son and Oud Palao.  Both GWP. 

Where do you use the mini GWP candles?  The throw is minimal.  So much so that I only smell the scent if I'm right in front of the candle. 

Ha-I agree actually. I have swapped all my mini candles because I prefer the bigger ones. I think the minis are just nice to get a feel for the scent if you want to buy a bigger one..

LOl!  They're teasers so you invest in the larger sizes and become an addict! 

I want to try L'Ombre Dans L'Eau.

I highly recommend L'Ombre Dans L'eau. I like rose and green fragrances. It's like a more sophisticated version of Balenciaga Rosabotanica that was out a few years ago..

Sounds lovely.  I will have to sample it.

giphy.gif

I hope they have this at our Nordstrom Vancouver or Calgary too.

My guess is that Nordstrom stores that carry Diptyque will have it..I can't say if it would be online.

i recently splurged on 2 BAIS candles after getting my first in a GWP at Christmas (bought myself Eau Duelle EDP late last year) and now no candles will ever be the same. I used my $20 Nordstrom Note on a  similarly smelling VoluSpa candle thinking I would save some money and there is just no comparison.

Jealous of those BT'ers who live in NYC and taking advantage of the Diptyque Sample Sale! Have fun! Stay warm! I'm making a trip to NYC next year for this! HAHA

Here's a great deal for New York-based Diptyque fans who are looking to pick up the new fragrance, Eau de Sens:  the Diptyque boutique in Nolita (242 Mott St.) is pre-releasing Eau de Sens, and if you purchase the 100 mL size of this scent, you receive your choice of a full-size (6.5 g.) candle from the permanent line for free.  This offer is specific to the Nolita boutique only -- not available in dept. stores or at other Diptyque boutiques -- and runs until the end of February since the official release date is Mar. 1st.  

For those who are interested in this deal but do not live in NY, I don't know if the boutique would be willing to ship orders, but it never hurts to give them a call to ask!  

What a great deal!  Have you smelled Eau de Sens or know anything about it?

The SAs at the Nolita boutique offered me a sample of Eau de Sens today, and I have been wearing it on my wrists only.  

The official description for Eau de Sens is a "spicy orange blossom," and the boutique SAs mentioned that it's supposed to be a match for the Choisya candle.  

My first impressions of this scent is that it doesn't project very much -- I have to literally press my nose against my wrist and take a strong whiff to smell anything, and this is about 20 minutes after a generous spray at close proximity on each wrist. 

I did smell orange blossom immediately, but not very many other scent notes follow afterwards.  After about 1.5 hours, I did get the tiniest hint of something spicy, but it wasn't enough to save Eau de Sens from smelling entirely linear -- if I wasn't looking for anything other than orange blossom, I probably would have missed the tiny bit of spicyness altogether.  

I'm not sure if it was wise of Diptyque to release Eau de Sens as part of their EDT perfumes.  If you told me that this was an addition to their Les Eaux line (i.e.:  Eau Lavande, Eau Rose, etc.), I think it would've fit right in.  But next to so many remarkable stand-alone EDTs, Eau de Sens seams a lot less unique.  I'll see if I can make it work by layering it on top of some other Diptyque scents -- if I find a good combo, I'll go for the Nolita boutique's pre-release offer.  

Thank you for the review.  I love the Choisya candle.  Too bad the scent is fleeting.  I need my fragrance to linger for awhile.  I love the Eau de Neroli but after 20 minutes is gone!  Funny because Eau de Rose lasts forever in my skin.

I feel the same way on the Neroli, love it but it doesn't last. I can't wait to try Eau de Sens...the little ad with the monkeys was so cute that they sent out..

Hi ladies...I just found out that I'm getting an unexpected refund and I want to buy a little treat for myself. I think I want to splurge on a Diptyque candle but I don't have a store near me where I can try the different scents. So I was wondering if any of you could recommend something? I do not like florals (esp. rose), and I'd prefer something springy and light rather than spicy or woodsy. I especially love vanilla and fruity (but not cloying) scents.

Also, I know that some stores have Diptyque GWPs - is it worth waiting for one or is the buy-in for those usually really high?

Thank you so much!

I really like Oranger, it smells like a creamsicle (orange and vanilla) Diptyque direct has a nice GWP right now, with purchase of the body care line details are here on the thread.

Also in March Nordstrom will have a GWP during triple points which is mid month I believe. I don't have details yet but will post when I do.

Oranger is next on my list! And did I tell you guys? They're opening up a Diptyque Boutique Store in Dallas Northpark Mall! I'm only 15 min away. I'm no sure exactly when it opens, sometime in the spring. I'm SOOOO excited!

Oh, that sounds good - that's going on my list!

Thanks for the heads up about Nordstrom! 

812 Replies
testing